AFL Toast Rnd 5: Bombers by 58 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Full credit to the Bombers, out ran, out worked and out played us in every department. Great to watch also.

Scoreboard flattered us in the end.

Lol Norf indeed.

It's just been brought to my attention that Ham had more tackles than every Roo except for one.
The kid had a red hot crack.

Skill and ability take you so far, mindset and application can take you anywhere!

Full credit to the Bombers, out ran, out worked and out played us in every department. Great to watch also.

Lol Norf indeed.

We will take the win today but very aware it will not be that easy later in the year when we meet again. I can still see North winning a couple of games in their next month of footy.

Really good win by the boys. Its easy to forget in hindsight but we went in without 2 of our better mids in Smith and Zaka, with a seriously underdone Daniher against a North team that desperately wanted to perform in their marquee game and we took them to school.

The first quarter was a real back and forth affair and to be honest the only thing that separated the two teams was Fantasia but that second quarter really showed the potential of our midfield trio of Merrett, Shiel and Heppell. I can't recall our midfield ever looking more potent (in recent years).

There were lots of individuals that played great including our entire backline but I thought Fantasia, Merrett, Shiel and Heppell were the four that really lead the way. Fair effort by the maligned Ambrose to only concede 2 goals to Ben Brown and kick 1 himself. I bet there's a few on here that wouldn't be happy about that.

The most important thing though is that we are now doing something we haven't done in a long time. We are actually putting sides away. Not letting them stay around and having to battle every game to a heartstopping finish. I think we are well and truly on the path to becoming the really good side we've hoped we would become. There will still be ups and downs but I think we are finally on the right track.

Lol Norf indeed.
Cudos to you and thanks for your post.

It’s not easy sometimes visiting an opposition board.

Your boys were flat today and yes I too will take the win.

don’t engage them.

We were not flat in the first quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will take the win today but very aware it will not be that easy later in the year when we meet again. I can still see North winning a couple of games in their next month of footy.

Mate, we are in disarray. Our game plan is easily picked apart as Essendon showed today. When your mob started putting real pressure on our ball carriers in the second quarter is when we knew it was over. But at least we got see at least one good team to watch today. :thumbsu:

Great game by "my boy" backing up his excellent game last week. Unsually inaccurate today which is about the only criticism you could have

Take very little from that. I’ve seen more pressure applied in junior games. See how we go next week. 4 points, move on. North are a joke

A decent performance for sure, but North were shocking and made us look a lot better than what we were. No complaints, but as you said, I didn't take a whole lot from that game.

Mate, we are in disarray. Our game plan is easily picked apart as Essendon showed today. When your mob started putting real pressure on our ball carriers in the second quarter is when we knew it was over. But at least we got see at least one good team to watch today. :thumbsu:
i disagree with your analysis here. I wouldn’t say disarray. you tried your best but were found wanting by a much better team on the day (and generally, financially, successfully etc.)

chin up little buddy- there’s always next week. hopefully? keep rattling those tins i guess.

Our marketing and admin team are class A fu$$wits. I sit in Aisle 33 , level2, and pay for 4 reserved seats with my memberships. Why the hell were the filths supporters sitting everywhere in Aisle 33? Because our admin marketing team sold them tickets. What a joke. Why pay to sit with North supporters?The only thing that stopped a huge blew with the filths supporters was because North was so s**t. The filths supporters were disgraceful. We removed a few of them but the club knows the trouble we always have with the filths supporters. By the way, the playing list should be ashamed of themselves. Words can not describe my disgust towards Brad Scott and list mgt. I want changes to be made that show the supporters that the club gives a stuff - Simpkin, Zeibel, McMillan, Sugar - putrid. Oh sorry Mason Wood - you don’t deserve to wear the blue and white jumper.

Hahahahahahahaha

Most satisfying thing is how well we seem to be scoring. 3 weeks in a row over 100 points.

Raz - 4 goals, just took his chances and finished well.
Brown - 3 goals, worked his backside off as per usual. Good reward.
Stringer - 2 goals, looked dangerous as always and could have had more if he wore his kicking boots.
Daniher - 2 goals, quiet game but had some nice moments.
Tippa - 2 goals, battled early and clearly not 100% but still contributed.
McGrath - 2 goals, nailed his set shot and snapped another. JET.

Defence was also solid all day - really liked Guelfi and Redman looks right at home.

Ridley looks like he has been playing for 10 years already.

McKenna had a lot of the ball and took the game on.

Ham was lively and worked hard all day. Looked completely gassed before halftime but made a good comeback in the second half.

Parish had a few clangers but the effort was there.

Low-light was that Bags was pretty terrible and didn't really do anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back