Autopsy 2019. Ten years of Brad Scott.

Remove this Banner Ad

Should have been gone at the end of 2016 with boomer and co. In fact he would have been held in high regard for taking us to 2 prelims. For me that’s where it had to end, we limped into 8th and got bundled out easily, that was Brads coaching cycle at this club completed. It’s disheartening yet not surprising that we are languishing with this stale man at the helm.

Is the club in a better position? As a whole, probably.

But the worrying trend is the following:

1. Game plan has become more out of touch each and every year. Overpossession and long bombs to a big forward.
2. The skills of our players are getting worse.
3. Promising young midfielders are being turned into plodding flankers.

This was previously paved over by an intense desire of our players. Ferocious tackling was a hallmark of the Swallow years.

Now that has faded. The desire to hit hard and make the enemy earn it is held by only a few.

And the gaping holes in our gameplay and player development have been exposed to an unbeatable extent.

I really want to have a big party next year as his farewell one.
We've just wasted a decade. Nothing improved. We've lost many many things.
So embarrassing w his coaching.

This is club is now in a worse state than when he took over.

If that’s not enough for the club to make the right decision then they have lost the plot.

I honestly can’t see people turning up to watch that weekly, even the rusted on ones.

That win against Adelaide did us a disservice, 0-5 would have been a better result for a club than needs the reason to pull the trigger.

Out of all the coaches in AFL/VFL history, Brad Scott is the longest serving coach to have remained at one club without taking them to a grand final or premiership.

All we have to show for his time at the club is two fluked preliminary finals in 12 years.

We actually look worse now than what we did when he took over the club.

I am astonished that we have another year and a half to put up with him.

Our board has a lot to answer for.

Stayed til the end, not sure why. This is as disappointing a loss I can remember. I’ve supported the coach, but we need change. That game is frustrating to watch, can’t imagine the players are enjoying it.

Is the club in a better position? As a whole, probably.

But the worrying trend is the following:

1. Game plan has become more out of touch each and every year. Overpossession and long bombs to a big forward.
2. The skills of our players are getting worse.
3. Promising young midfielders are being turned into plodding flankers.

This was previously paved over by an intense desire of our players. Ferocious tackling was a hallmark of the Swallow years.

Now that has faded. The desire to hit hard and make the enemy earn it is held by only a few.

And the gaping holes in our gameplay and player development have been exposed to an unbeatable extent.
I disagree it’s in a better position. From a footballing perspective we are worse than when Brad took over and if we continue down this path we are just making ourselves ripe for a Tassie relocation.

Brad Scott is the longest serving coach to have never made a grand final, nor a premiership in the entire history of the VFL/AFL.

Just two fluked preliminary finals in 12 years.

What a disappointment.

Negative.

Terry Wallace holds that prestigious title.

Scott is third on the list.

Our list is going to be ****** for a while I’d imagine. Going to be a long rebuild. Especially with the likes of Tyson, McDonald and McMillan having decent contracts ahead of them.

Our list management is terrible
Our management is terrible
Our coaches are terrible
Our development is terrible
Our leadership is terrible

The buck stops with Scott and the boys club up top.

We are a cluster ****.
Being interstate makes our hard to get a true gauge on things, but from a distance I feel these sentiments.

I sat there watching Cam Zurhaar attend centre bounces as the ruck and thought; "how has this been signed off as the right person for the right role?" (I think he actually won the two due to a favorable bounce, rust Mage me smile).

This is just one example which, for me, highlights systemic failures across multiple areas within the club.

We're currently soft on and off the field and appear unable to see the car crash coming ahead.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Brad Scott is the longest serving coach to have never made a grand final, nor a premiership in the entire history of the VFL/AFL.

Just two fluked preliminary finals in 12 years.

What a disappointment.
Also coached the oldest ever team in AFL/VFL history in 2016 in terms of average age of the 22, and we still field one of the oldest teams even now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Negative.

Terry Wallace holds that prestigious title.

Scott is third on the list.

Terry Wallace was booted from Footscray after 7 seasons, then did another 6 at Richmond.

Brad Scott has been at the one club for 10 years.

He has served the longest at a single club without ever making the final dance.

It’s not just Brad Scott, how long has Crocker been at the club? How long has Cam Joyce been at the club? How many drafts and picks can he * up before getting the arse?

What events are there for the 150 year anniversary? Planning for this should have started 2 years ago with announcements for it last year.

1) Brads Scotts can't kick easy shots in front of goal. Mason Wood (20m straight in front), LDU (two shots on the run), Sideshow Bob (was it two or three he missed today?), Higgins (at least one), Cunnington (under pressure but only 10m out), Hall (at least one, maybe two), Bailey (age doesn't matter, that was bad).

2) At least now, all of the players on the list either own their own home or are well on the way to paying off a mortgage on a nice place in Pascoe Vale.

3) He is a good media man. The supporters now see through the snake oil but for a long time, maybe the club needed the snake oil. Maybe we needed a PR man. Don't let the emotions of today cloud your vision of how Brads Scotts's PR work has helped us in the past.

4) I am happy for him to get the sack. But who comes in? Crockers? Give me a break.

Essendon were to fast for us. Too skilled for us. Too slick. We looked like a vfl team playing against the firsts. .

This is what we have become under Scott.

Look at the pies under Buckley. They are a top 4 team. And Buckley has built the team his way. Last year they nearly won a premiership.

Scott has had his time and failed. Its time for him to go.....

Essendon were to fast for us. Too skilled for us. Too slick. We looked like a vfl team playing against the firsts. .

This is what we have become under Scott.

Look at the pies under Buckley. They are a top 4 team. And Buckley has built the team his way. Last year they nearly won a premiership.

Scott has had his time and failed. Its time for him to go.....

Buckley took a team that played finals to a team that was garbage. The only reason he still had a job was because Eddie loves him.

There is going to be serious damage to the membership numbers next year if there isn’t a coaching change soon. The number of Nth people streaming out at 3/4 time was unbelievable. Needs to be some hope but doing the same thing every week has run thin with die hards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back