Analysis Abby Don't Wanna Be Jessie's Girl

Timewillcome

Senior List
Feb 1, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
"Grandparents have a role to play, but their job is to love — you know, I’m OK with some lollies before dinner, the sneaky little chocolates — but when it comes to haircuts, ear piercings, anything like that, you need to take a back seat. You need to ask the parents."

is what she advised. Parents, not mum, get to to decide on the haircut. Sexism ? you just didn't read it properly. It's good advice.

Who does one consult when they are heading out for their first sleeve tatt? Mum, Dad or grandparents? I'd probably not suggest Dad in the above case.

A prescient Andy Warhol once quipped that "In the future everybody will be world famous for fifteen minutes." One would suggest that her 15 minutes are just about up.

Last edited:
Cmon man. Enjoy the whole Stringer experience to its fullest. Abby is part of his journey and part of the package.
I get Abby is just looking out for herself and her kids and trying to make the most of her opportunities and that's fine but if you distil it down all you're left with is another mummy blogger who has received a temporarily bigger platform because she used to be with a famous footy player.

I get Abby is just looking out for herself and her kids and trying to make the most of her opportunities and that's fine but if you distil it down all you're left with is another mummy blogger who has received a temporarily bigger platform because she used to be with a famous footy player.

I was just joking. Glad she is now associated with Essendon rather than us now though.

I was just joking. Glad she is now associated with Essendon rather than us now though.
Part of the baggage that comes with the package I guess.

Sep 1, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Glory
You can look at it like that, or you can see her Blog as part of the wider movement to give a voice to the dis-empowered. To let the abused speak of the abuser etc. etc.

Anyway I am sure she'll be rolled out again next time there is a Stringer scandal.

You can look at it like that, or you can see her Blog as part of the wider movement to give a voice to the dis-empowered. To let the abused speak of the abuser etc. etc.
I say this without having read any of them myself and only seeing snippets others have posted but I got the impression it was mainly about raising kids and who gets to decide on haircuts and stuff rather than her dishing up the dirt on her cad ex as the HUN originally tried to frame it?

Anyway I am sure she'll be rolled out again next time there is a Stringer scandal.
Haha I see what you did there. ;)

Sep 1, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Glory
I say this without having read any of them myself and only seeing snippets others have posted but I got the impression it was mainly about raising kids and who gets to decide on haircuts and stuff rather than her dishing up the dirt on her cad ex as the HUN originally tried to frame it?

Haha I see what you did there. ;)
Yeah look I haven't read them either. I think you are right to say the experiment for the Hun has failed.

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
5B9B914A-5995-4BF9-BC30-4EAE2FFF4C16.jpeg

Back