UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Who do you want to win?

• Tottenham

• Liverpool

• Happy with either

Results are only viewable after voting.
City posters copping their dose of karmic resonance after going hard at United posters misfortune.
I don't think people have been too bad. Two or three have got a bit giddy and City Bingo has had a workout but you expect that.

When.people take so much joy from a City loss it just reminds me how much piss is boiled when we do well. And hopefully we'll finish off the year well.

I don't mind it.

May 1, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Bayern Munich, Tottenham Hotspur
Arms by his side, I'd still give that a goal.
Agreed.

If it doesn’t hit the elbow it his his hipbone/obliques, which are engaged and bounces off his upper/thigh into the goals still.

Hell, if it bounces off his torso it probably still goes in. Not like it was from 5m out and slipped through keepers fingers.

Close range, no time to react, open goal.

This is where video review and slow motion replays can get stinky. So much down to interpretation, same thing with AFL replays and watching high tackles/holding the ball/throws or anything in slow mo.

The game is played in real time and should be adjudicated as such, unless its a clear cut decision (offside, touched off the boot with clear vision, etc).

If you start looking at incidents which are innocuous in slow motion analysis situations that are down to a rule with interpretation and grey areas it becomes a bit of a “okay so this is right under review, but how far do we go?” Situation. Should we review every touch of the ball/contact with a huge team of off field officials to ensure “perfect” adjudication?

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
This one's not gonna come back to bite you at all.
Just been honest. Not saying were guaranteed to win the European Cup. Barcelona will be very tough to get past but if we do we go in against either Ajax or spurs and I'd be really disappointed if we didn't do the business as we are better sides than them is all I'm saying. But football is of course a funny game. Anything can happen.

What are these stats? I don't understand them. Where is Messi and Ronaldo and Salah and Aguero etc...
Always have to explain stuff to scousers ;)
More just to show the caliber of players he’s been better than. Hazard gets creamed over, Sterling is (rightfully) classed as world class too.

Hazard gets creamed over as much for his ball control/dribbling.

Need to add assists to make that list more relevant.
Wasn’t meaning it to be derogatory. Quality player, was merely a tweet to show how good HMS has been. Should have known people would nitpick about small details about those that are higher though.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Wasn’t meaning it to be derogatory. Quality player, was merely a tweet to show how good HMS has been. Should have known people would nitpick about small details about those that are higher though.
I guess its a nick picking/very selective tweet to begin with.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
It’s certainly not nitpicking I believe, it could have just been disclosed in the tweet itself as to why it excludes the glaring omissions.

Son is magnificent, his numbers are insanely good. That selective list however screams a bit of trying too hard to force people to believe something that they don’t really need convincing of: he’s ******* brilliant.

I don’t think anyone sells Son short
Maybe not. I guess I was just very surprised to see him ahead or been better than Mane and Hazard, the latter carries his club massively.

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
It’s certainly not nitpicking I believe, it could have just been disclosed in the tweet itself as to why it excludes the glaring omissions.

Son is magnificent, his numbers are insanely good. That selective list however screams a bit of trying too hard to force people to believe something that they don’t really need convincing of: he’s ******* brilliant.

At a quick glance, you’d have Messi, Ronaldo, Salah, Kane, Lewandoski, Aguero, Cavani and maybe Neymar and Mbappe bove him as a start, so he would be on. The bottom of an actual list I guess

Dutch league chiefs have cancelled a full round of Eredivisie fixtures before Ajax meet Tottenham in the Champions League semi-finals.

English FA would never do that.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
At a quick glance, you’d have Messi, Ronaldo, Salah, Kane, Lewandoski, Aguero, Cavani and maybe Neymar and Mbappe bove him as a start, so he would be on. The bottom of an actual list I guess

Exactly, and it shows the company he is now in. A bit deceptive to leave them out just because their numbers are higher.

Back