th
Holy *, perfect!!

Jul 6, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal, Pacers
I was expecting them to turn it into a hard scrap, but that was the worst effort from North I can remember.

Midfield and defence were dominant. Shiel is just wow...we haven't had a mid like him in my 27 years of watching closely. Maybe 80s Tim Watson was similar?

We butchered a lot of footy going inside 50. Need to sort that out to have a chance vs the pies.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
A decent performance for sure, but North were shocking and made us look a lot better than what we were. No complaints, but as you said, I didn't take a whole lot from that game.

It was just the lack of pressure. I couldn’t believe it. Our players had time to fumble, relax, search for a target and pass to them... and then they had time etc etc.

North were horrible, I can’t take much from it. Not that we were bad of course, but sheeesh. *in lol norf. Bunch of shitcampaigners

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
It was just the lack of pressure. I couldn’t believe it. Our players had time to fumble, relax, search for a target and pass to them... and then they had time etc etc.

North were horrible, I can’t take much from it. Not that we were bad of course, but sheeesh. ****in lol norf. Bunch of shitcampaigners
The thing I take away is we kept going for a 10 goal win.
We needed that boost, both this week and last

North were horrible, I can’t take much from it. Not that we were bad of course, but sheeesh. ****in lol norf. Bunch of shitcampaigners

Same as Rd 1 for them.

Koopa

Senior List
Jan 6, 2018
Spiral Mountain
AFL Club
Essendon
Good to see the resident North figbooty sycophants put in their place.

Was expecting the grind throughout the first quarter to last longer than that.

Sort of surprising how insipid North were, we were slick at times but in other situations had plenty of time to regather after fumbles and what not.

Somewhat of a litmus test on Thursday for this group now.

To beat Essendon all you have to do is pressure them & block the corridor.

How about we pressure you & block your corridor.

giphy.gif

They actually did do quite a decent job of clogging up the corridor with numbers in the first, the issue is that their midfield is so bloody slow. They were cutting off the kick back in to the corridor through sheer weight of numbers but as soon as we realised we could just run it it was all over.

the PILL

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2007
VICTORIA
AFL Club
Essendon
Finally we are adapting on the run when teams try to stifle, where as before once the pressure came out we'd go into our shell quite a bit and a side effect was we would start fumbling and watching the ball.

Maybe there is something to this player driven strategy Woosha has been toting which I've openly been skeptical about but credit due!!!

Everyone has already highlighted the Mids obvious slick work today but I'd like to also mention Myres bash n crash work as well. He did really well today i thought.

Ham was pretty good for a whippet 😊
Redman reminds me of old school Bomber players of the 80 for some reason.
Shiel, you all saw it 😊
Joe, so happy to see him happy and unscathed.
Woosha, thanks...

Norf wanted to compete today and we just took it off them, yes they are no bench mark but i stongly feel we played better than they played bad.

It's the best I've felt since the Saga... ✌

Back