Autopsy 2019. Ten years of Brad Scott.

Remove this Banner Ad

It's one thing to be playing kids under a proper rebuild and bottoming out.

We should sign Sam Mitchell for 2020 as quickly as possible - we could just about guarantee him the number 1 draft pick at the end of the year.

If that means Brad goes this week, so be it. He has to go - no question and the whole football department needs an overhaul.

Multiple memberships. Used to be in a coterie. Sat next to Brad at a dinner when he became coach. Player sponsor. Sat in the coaches box one game. Had another locker room game experience the club called me to test out at a price.

Today I did something I never do, even in 100 point losses.

I left at half time.

Braddles has sucked out every ounce of passion I have for this club.

10 years of hideous skill errors and deplorable decision making. When you have the ball 70m out in the middle and 2 on 1 our players always either give the ball back or allow the 1 to neutralise. They play like losers.

Braddles had to go because it is simply just a job to him and to the players. We are the public servant football club. Jobs for the boys no matter what.

It’s not just Brad Scott, how long has Crocker been at the club? How long has Cam Joyce been at the club? How many drafts and picks can he **** up before getting the arse?

What events are there for the 150 year anniversary? Planning for this should have started 2 years ago with announcements for it last year.

I think most would be OK to a broom being taken to most of them.

Our list is going to be ****** for a while I’d imagine. Going to be a long rebuild. Especially with the likes of Tyson, McDonald and McMillan having decent contracts ahead of them.

Our list management is terrible
Our management is terrible
Our coaches are terrible
Our development is terrible
Our leadership is terrible

The buck stops with Scott and the boys club up top.

We are a cluster ****.

So you're a yellow/green on the pyramid of positivity then.

My happiest moments involved this footy club, saddest were about this team aswell.

Today when I left I had no real anger, just an acknowledgement we are mile off.

The list needs masive rejuvenation. That means 3 years accumulating top 5 picks and getting some actual talent rhrough the door. Getting left with the Dumonts and Simpkins might jag us an 8th every now and then, but we're not winning anything substantial with this type.

Braddles had to go because it is simply just a job to him and to the players. We are the public servant football club. Jobs for the boys no matter what.
This.

Being on an AFL list is the destination for far too many of our players. Being the best footballers they can possibly be or winning flags is secondary to followers and likes on social media.

Could you imagine the likes of Pagan or Barassi tolerating this s**t?

I think most would be OK to a broom being taken to most of them.
YOU know crocks could be the next pagan he has had to tow brads line for years i would give him a crack and see how the players respond

At the very least it's time for a new set of eyes on the list. And a new football boss to oversee it all.

McMahon and Finnegan have only been in their roles for a short time it's hard to judge.

As hard as it is to cop, we had a pants pulled down for the world to see today. We were ******* nude. And we weren't exactly looking like Robbie Nahas.

It's time to stop ******* around and be honest with where we are.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When Laidley stood down 10 years ago we desperately need a PR guy so we hired Brad. Brad severed his purpose but for a long time we're needed a game day coach.

It's time to go back and get someone with a tactical football brain. If that is Sam Mitchell then get him.

We need to start the search now before Carlton do. It's just a matter of time before Bolton goes.

Our list is going to be ****** for a while I’d imagine.
Under this coach, yes. But north looked to be pretty ****ed before Pagan was brought in, and even though he was lucky to have a couple of absolute young gems, he was able to get a lot out of some pretty average players. Realistically, north under Pagan were great because the bottom 6 were almost always better than the bottom 6 of the opposition. Today, the bottom 6 are liabilities, and in some ways, you could almost feel that without them on the ground making turnovers the team might even be better off.

There are so many comments in autopsy, player and BBB threads about how half decent players were never developed over the last decade so that whatever talent they had was completely wasted - that's down to the coach.

It's time to go back and get someone with a tactical football brain. If that is Sam Mitchell then get him.

We're actually digging our own graves if we aren't fair dinkum about getting a VERY good game day coach, people can bang on about Sam Mitchell being unproven, but in time there's going to be successes with his name right next to it.

It's not exclusive to one name either, we're crying out for any name. Any solution that actually brings in a new direction and focus on top of being something that inspires a positive change. It can be Mitchell, Ratten, Shaw, Tudor, anyone.

Stop going for high profile players North, we need to be after high profile coaches otherwise we're ****ed.

We hunted down Barassi when we were in the absolute mire and he was the hottest property around during that time, and what followed suit was a confidence of players knowing they'd find success. The fact we lured Doug Wade from Geelong for example was nothing short of a miracle that can only be attributed to the war drums beating at North when Barassi arrived.

Team of cowards now.

I knew they wouldn't have the guts to make the call before Good Friday and the result is there in front of us - it could not have been worse if we'd a caretaker. He's contributed some good but too many in the club have enabled him and the match committee to make cowards calls for too many years. Warning bells were there in 2016 when he stated that we couldn't have NDS, Firrito, Petrie & Boomer there because he'd continue to play them. Petrie was spent for half the year, Firrito was a journeyman at the end of a solid season. NDS done, Boomer arguably could have gone around but at best he needed to be in the forward line but we continued to play him in the middle and complain about accountability which he hadn't had for 15 seasons.

My view is that the sooner we get this done the better for all concerned.

To be fair, I think the list is in okay shape but only if we don't spend 2 years in limbo before getting a new coach. Make the change now and we have a chance of getting this list there while our best players are still around.

Buckley took a team that played finals to a team that was garbage. The only reason he still had a job was because Eddie loves him.

Hmmmm Let's compare Buckleys impact on the Pies to what Scott has done at north.

You are either trying to be funny, or you haven't got a clue !

Buckley is a very good coach.

Yes they went backwards, TO GO FORWARDS.

The pies went close, very close to winning it last year.

And they are looking good again this year....

Scott should be sacked and he should have been sacked after his last failed rebuild two years ago.

Our skills and disposal is poor.
We show little passion and fight.
We are slow
We lack class.

Who is responsible for this ? How about the coach who has full control of our list for 10 years and this is what he has delivered.

Multiple memberships. Used to be in a coterie. Sat next to Brad at a dinner when he became coach. Player sponsor. Sat in the coaches box one game. Had another locker room game experience the club called me to test out at a price.

Today I did something I never do, even in 100 point losses.

I left at half time.

Braddles has sucked out every ounce of passion I have for this club.

10 years of hideous skill errors and deplorable decision making. When you have the ball 70m out in the middle and 2 on 1 our players always either give the ball back or allow the 1 to neutralise. They play like losers.

Mate reading this you have expressed my exact feelings spot on!

Brad should be a football manager (not North's). Media savvy, people management, matey with the football community. Coaching he had a go, it didn't go well and it is now way longer overdue for a change. I ranked Brad ahead of Bolton & Richardson at the start of the season but now he is easily the worst performing coach in the comp.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back