The Poggles Files

How Offended are you?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I award this reply a yeah nah, thanks for playing.
Well if you had a centre back taking penalties and he scored a heap... you wouldn't say he's a great goal scoring centre back would you especially if he can't score from a corner/free kick?
It’s a lame as * manner to discredit a player.

It’s a lame as **** manner to discredit a player.
We're not discrediting him, more putting perspective into it. Remember Bradd Dalziell? He averaged 23 disposals a game in his time with Brisbane. He somehow got a highish profile trade to West Coast and only had 4 years there before being turfed. Numbers mean nothing without some sort of context.

He should have had a team built around him. Instead most of his time at the club has been spent with a manager using him as an example to try and assert his dominance, publicly ridiculing him and playing him out of position. The World Cup proved what he can do at the highest level.

Whether his goals are penalties or not is irrelevant. Aguero’s missed penalty is a big reason why City is out of the champions league, and Mahrez’s missed penalty could be the reason they don’t win the league. They’re often the most pressured chances to convert.

He should have had a team built around him. Instead most of his time at the club has been spent with a manager using him as an example to try and assert his dominance, publicly ridiculing him and playing him out of position. The World Cup proved what he can do at the highest level.

Whether his goals are penalties or not is irrelevant. Aguero’s missed penalty is a big reason why City is out of the champions league, and Mahrez’s missed penalty could be the reason they don’t win the league. They’re often the most pressured chances to convert.
At what stage does he take responsibility for his own efforts and performances?

At what stage does he take responsibility for his own efforts and performances?
He always should. His output this year has actually been pretty good though. He’s contributed to 30 goals in what has been a pretty ordinary side. If United are making a list of issues they need to sort out this summer, Pogba would be near the bottom.

He always should. His output this year has actually been pretty good though. He’s contributed to 30 goals in what has been a pretty ordinary side. If United are making a list of issues they need to sort out this summer, Pogba would be near the bottom.

How many after you take away all the (mostly bullshit) penalties??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many after you take away all the (mostly bullshit) penalties??
Funnily enough, under the laws of the game, scoring a penalty is worth the same as from scoring anywhere else. Should we only include goals in players stats if scored from 25+ yards or if you dribble from inside your own half? It’s an idiotic argument. As pointed out, a missed penalty knocked City out of the champions league and will cost them the league if they don’t win it.

Funnily enough, under the laws of the game, scoring a penalty is worth the same as from scoring anywhere else. Should we only include goals in players stats if scored from 25+ yards or if you dribble from inside your own half? It’s an idiotic argument. As pointed out, a missed penalty knocked City out of the champions league and will cost them the league if they don’t win it.

Yeah, idiotic instead of answering the question... you’re right though, 100% I’d love to sign Milivojevic instead of Sane or Eriksen cos he scores more often :hearteyes:

Yeah, idiotic instead of answering the question... you’re right though, 100% I’d love to sign Milivojevic instead of Sane or Eriksen cos he scores more often :hearteyes:
He’s contributed 22 goals in 30 league appearances (7 penalties) in a team that’s struggled for most of the season, from midfield. He’s had a good season. You’re the one claiming penalties are meaningless and seemingly can’t be missed.

I think what ossie_21 might be trying to say is, had United not chosen Pogba as their designated penalty taker, his stats would look nowhere near as good.
But they’ve chosen him because he’s good at them and willing to take on and handle the pressure. My point is they’re far more difficult and important than people give them credit for, with the City miss in the champions league being the perfect recent example.

Penalties are not difficult. Pick a corner and give it plenty of pepper. Ignore what the keeper is doing If the keeper saves and you had it going in the corner so be it. Taken nearly 30 penalties in my life playing football and have only missed once.

I’m surprised so many players try to keep it down. Pick any side of the net about or over the 1m mark, keepers are never gonna try and stop them in the vicinity of the top corners with their dives

Penalties are not difficult. Pick a corner and give it plenty of pepper. Ignore what the keeper is doing If the keeper saves and you had it going in the corner so be it. Taken nearly 30 penalties in my life playing football and have only missed once.
That’s funny, because I see world class footballers missing them each and every weekend. I’ve seen world cups and champions leagues decided by them. Even the two best footballers of the modern generation have missed over 40 between them. If only they knew how easy they are...

For a player that is rated so highly especially by himself you’d think the 2nd leg CL game against Barca was made for him to prove to the public that all the hype is true, instead he went missing as he so often does when the pressure is on

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

For a player that is rated so highly especially by himself you’d think the 2nd leg CL game against Barca was made for him to prove to the public that all the hype is true, instead he went missing as he so often does when the pressure is on

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I can’t argue he had a good game, he didn’t. But I’ll reserve judgement until he has a team around him that gives him a chance to play to his potential. He had Fred, McTominay and Lingard out there with him, and only managed 34% possession. He can’t be a one man midfield. United need new fullbacks, new centre halfs, at least 2 new midfielders and probably another attacking option.

I’ll put it this way, if he was putting in performances like that playing in any of the other top 6 teams in the league I’d be first in line to criticise him. But he’s not the type of player who will carry an average team, which United are. But put him in a good team and he’ll be just about the best player on the pitch. His performances for France show that.

Very simplistic outlook.

With all due respect, all of your penalties would have meant nothing compared to football we see on TV.

Back