Autopsy 2019. Ten years of Brad Scott.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmmmm Let's compare Buckleys impact on the Pies to what Scott has done at north.

You are either trying to be funny, or you haven't got a clue !

Buckley is a very good coach.

Yes they went backwards, TO GO FORWARDS.

The pies went close, very close to winning it last year.

And they are looking good again this year....

Scott should be sacked and he should have been sacked after his last failed rebuild two years ago.

Our skills and disposal is poor.
We show little passion and fight.
We are slow
We lack class.

Who is responsible for this ? How about the coach who has full control of our list for 10 years and this is what he has delivered.

Or they went backwards because he is an ordinary coach and then got blessed with an easy draw.

It’s not just Brad Scott, how long has Crocker been at the club? How long has Cam Joyce been at the club?

Generally if people are advocating for the head-coach to go, it infers a clean out of the coaching staff/football department and a fresh start.

Or they went backwards because he is an ordinary coach and then got blessed with an easy draw.

Errrrrr no...….It is because Buckley is a very good coach and has developed a highly skilled, fast, hard and courageous team, that will go close again in 2019.

You see Darwy, Collingwood were runners up last year. But they are not happy with that....

NMFC didnt make the eight last year. But we made a "Never Beaten" video to show the "Football world" how content we were with how we went.

Thats why north are where we are on the ladder and the Pies are where they are.

Could you imagine the likes of Pagan or Barassi tolerating this s**t?
Pagan has said it himself, but the club has had ZERO success since he was moved on.

Say what you like about him, but he's right. 20 years since our last flag. Heck 20 years even since our last GF. And it looks like years before our next one.

Errrrrr no...….It is because Buckley is a very good coach and has developed a highly skilled, fast, hard and courageous team, that will go close again in 2019.

You see Darwy, Collingwood were runners up last year. But they are not happy with that....

NMFC didnt make the eight last year. But we made a "Never Beaten" video to show the "Football world" how content we were with how we went.

Thats why north are where we are on the ladder and the Pies are where they are.

So taking a premiership team to missing finals for 4 years straight is great coaching?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So taking a premiership team to missing finals for 4 years straight is great coaching?

He's a very good coach now. He hasn't been a very good coach for his whole tenure. I think you struggle to see things in non-black and white though (no pun intended).

It's one thing to be playing kids under a proper rebuild and bottoming out.

We should sign Sam Mitchell for 2020 as quickly as possible - we could just about guarantee him the number 1 draft pick at the end of the year.

If that means Brad goes this week, so be it. He has to go - no question and the whole football department needs an overhaul.

I wouldn't be waiting til 2020. I'd be getting a senior on board before the half way point.

It’s time for a change. End of story. North admin do something.
Brad has to take an immense amount of the credit for our current situation, but we shouldn't give him all the credit. The Board, our football department, our medical staff and our membership department all need to improve dramatically.

I wouldn't be waiting til 2020. I'd be getting a senior on board before the half way point.
I'd be happy with a caretaker coach for the rest of 2019, tank the year, get the top picks and have Mitchell start at the end of this footy season. But sign him ASAP and get rid of Scott ASAP.

Scott's been given a lot of time with not much to show other than two underdog prelims in which we were easily defeated.

Has the ability to coach with proven talent but can't think of a drafted talent that turned out to be anything special, Ben Cunnington aside.

I can't see him being a premiership coach anymore.

In his first couple of years, Brad could claim he was new to the job with a rebuilding list and still learning. He’s not new any more

The next few years he could claim the club did not have the facilities and support infrastructure. The club built them and they’re at least on par with the rest of the league.

Then he could claim he didn’t have the greatest support. The club has gone and got him a bunch of well regarded assistants.

Now he’s just a bad coach with nowhere left to hide.

No doubt the club is better off than it was a decade ago and I think Brad’s skill as a salesman will have been helpful in appealing to members during some lean years. But if 5 Sack Scotts threads tell you one thing - it’s that you can’t sell failure forever. His time is up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back