Moved Thread Kayo Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been pretty vocal when Kayo isn't working as well as it should, so it's fair to give them a wrap when deserved too - and * me if the latest phone app update this week doesn't appear to be a corker.

I've watched most of 3 games of footy today, and haven't had a single issue with the app or with the casting. Probably the closest to an issue is that it seems to be taking a little longer to go HD when you first switch the game on, but we're talking maybe 7 or 8 seconds, where before it was maybe 3 or 4.

Has anyone used Kayo overseas? Going on holiday in 2 weeks
There has been mention on the whirlpool thread of people watching kayo successfully from overseas using a VPN.

Is this Kayo still going strong?

I recently got a telstra V3 box thrown in with our NBN connection and we are loving it! Got Netflix and Stan ( family members log ins! ) and now looking at getting kayo and a 2nd V3 box and totally ditching the expensive Foxtel.

Is this Kayo still going strong?

I recently got a telstra V3 box thrown in with our NBN connection and we are loving it! Got Netflix and Stan ( family members log ins! ) and now looking at getting kayo and a 2nd V3 box and totally ditching the expensive Foxtel.

Loving it & saved me $50 a month, no complaints here.

Loving it & saved me $50 a month, no complaints here.

We are currently paying $150 a month for Platinum Foxtel with 2 boxes etc.

Gee that is about to stop i can tell ya as the Telstra V3 Box is awesome and i did have my doubts but gee Roku have smashed that little streaming box technology. Once the 2nd V3 arrives and i start the kayo trial Foxtel is dead to me!

Anyone else having issues activating a new $5 two months telstra kayo service? Is it fussy about it being a pre paid number? I have logged in my browser using my telstra id. Keep getting:
"[400] A subscription cannot be created. You need to sign into Telstra with your Telstra ID and be a new Kayo customer. If you do not meet this criteria but want to sign up to Kayo, please go back and remove the voucher code."
I am using a new email address and telstra mobile phone number. However I am using a credit card number I have used before.

finally made the call to cancel foxtel. its gone at the end of the month. was paying 60 (basic+sports). she offered to reduce it to $39 which was far less then I thought.

have started with kayo. mighty impressed. I'm not on nbn just yet (about to be) and i have had no streaming issues whatsoever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else having issues activating a new $5 two months telstra kayo service? Is it fussy about it being a pre paid number? I have logged in my browser using my telstra id. Keep getting:
"[400] A subscription cannot be created. You need to sign into Telstra with your Telstra ID and be a new Kayo customer. If you do not meet this criteria but want to sign up to Kayo, please go back and remove the voucher code."
I am using a new email address and telstra mobile phone number. However I am using a credit card number I have used before.

I thought it would have to go on to your Telstra account rather than a credit card. I’ve done it. Used a different email, phone number and my wife’s name.

One slightly annoying thing. On an iOS device with Face ID, the home bar remains visible in landscape mode if you rotate the screen.

It will hide however if you press the full screen icon in portrait mode, then rotate the screen.

So I go to watch the Kayo mini of Storm v Roosters and it's almost 22 ******* minutes :mad::rolleyes: !!!

What kind of idiot thinks that 22 minutes is a "mini-replay"? * that.

So I go to watch the Kayo mini of Storm v Roosters and it's almost 22 ******* minutes :mad::rolleyes: !!!

What kind of idiot thinks that 22 minutes is a "mini-replay"? **** that.
? Optus do the same for epl. I think they are great. Do you think 22 mins is too long or too short? It's not a highlights package.

? Optus do the same for epl. I think they are great. Do you think 22 mins is too long or too short? It's not a highlights package.
Too long. I like the MLG Highlights channel on Youtube, 9-10 min replays of NBA Games.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoh_z6QB0AGB1oxWufvbDUg/videos

As to the terminology, on the main page it says "Kayo Mini: Condensed Replays" but elsewhere it also calls them Mini-Matches.

https://help.kayosports.com.au/s/article/What-sports-are-Kayo-features-available-on
"Selected sports will also have Key Moments, Interactive Graphics and Mini-Matches available."

https://help.kayosports.com.au/s/article/What-Kayo-Mini-s-and-highlights-are-available
"Want a comprehensive overview of a game in just a fraction of the time? Then you need Kayo Minis, our special condensed replays that give you all the Key Moments in the game in less than half an hour."
"Looking for a straight up and down highlights packages? Yeah, we've got them too. Highlights packages are available for: NRL, Cricket, Rugby Union, Supercars, Formula 1, Football, NBL."

5-10 minute highlight packages for AFL etc would be good. I have no desire to watch 22 minute replays. I'd rather watch Fox Sports News.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back