A part of my NMFC heart died today.

Remove this Banner Ad

I have moved seats 3 times this year and received 2 lots of tickets one of which couldn't get us into the game last week. So of course on the phone Monday to get it sorted. Sorry you will have to pick up tickets from the tent on Friday. Get to said tent today, sorry we could only get 5 tickets (instead of 6) for you together in YOUR seats the other one is with the AFL and we cant get it back for today REALLY????? You can sit in the social club seats today and we will get your seats sorted before the next game........I am OVER IT. First time in 40 years I am seriously thinking about not renewing and if BS stays for 2020 I probably wont

I feel your pain, this isn't the way the club used to be and hope it wont be in the future, however, it is how the club is at present and all the members have the power to make sure the club becomes how they desire it to be sooner rather than later. Put pressure on the board the shape up or ship out.

I feel your pain, this isn't the way the club used to be and hope it wont be in the future, however, it is how the club is at present and all the members have the power to make sure the club becomes how they desire it to be sooner rather than later. Put pressure on the board the shape up or ship out.
Seriously! What do we need to do to make these ****ers know how serious we are about getting our club back? I'm just a supporter from up the bush . I want to help!!

Yep. It did. And not just because of the incredibly pathetic performance I'm watching. I'll save that for another thread.

Today I realised I was an irrelevant commodity. Of no value to the club at all unless I'm giving them money.

I am totally fed up with being outnumbered in my reserved seat by opposition supporters. I want to sit with North people win, lose or draw. I get the on sale system and thoroughly disagree with it. Denying club members of a designated area eats at the soul of what used to be a warm club that cared for its people. No more.

At half time I complained to some guys in the membership tent. Their response shattered me. "What do you want us to do?" "What would you do?" "That's just the way it is?"

Now I actually don't believe these guys could do anything. And maybe I'm wrong here. But not even a "Thanks for your feedback" or "We'll look into it" or "We appreciate your support." It's no longer Shut Up and Buy a Membership. It's Thanks for Getting a Membership Now Shut Up.

This "club" has lost its way on and off the field. It has lost its soul. It can get stuffed.
Felt exact same way. I walked into aisle 34 on level one and the back middle rows were all Essendon supporters. It was disgraceful.
Was going to make a thread similar to yours but what’s the point. The dollar is everything to the club.
i started to write out a similar thread at half time but then deleted it because I was that apathetic about the club I couldn't see the point.

We're irrelevant.
Agreed
At least all the * supporters in my reserved seating area enjoyed the game.
There were a number in my area. To be fair to them, they weren't obnoxious or anything. But **** me, when we're getting belted the last thing I want is an oppostion supporter clapping in a NMFC members bay.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Fair play to them, most knew they shouldn’t have been sitting there and quietly enjoyed their win.

Felt exact same way. I walked into aisle 34 on level one and the back middle rows were all Essendon supporters. It was disgraceful.
Was going to make a thread similar to yours but what’s the point. The dollar is everything to the club.

Agreed

Fair play to them, most knew they shouldn’t have been sitting there and quietly enjoyed their win.

I'm in Ailse 34. About 4 rows from the back. All Essendon. They could have been worse. But it's not why I buy a reserved seat and no one cares.

Was in aisle 36 and noticed the same. They were fine but its not the point we pay money to be around our own. We pay good$ aswll. Other years its been worse with supporters being idiots. I remember last year we had a feral women from the country at one of our games swearing and talking about how women shouldn't play footy. The seats should be for nth supporters only. They should offer ga nth members to upgrade for cheap. Give nth supporters a chance not others

Yep. It did. And not just because of the incredibly pathetic performance I'm watching. I'll save that for another thread.

Today I realised I was an irrelevant commodity. Of no value to the club at all unless I'm giving them money.

I am totally fed up with being outnumbered in my reserved seat by opposition supporters. I want to sit with North people win, lose or draw. I get the on sale system and thoroughly disagree with it. Denying club members of a designated area eats at the soul of what used to be a warm club that cared for its people. No more.

At half time I complained to some guys in the membership tent. Their response shattered me. "What do you want us to do?" "What would you do?" "That's just the way it is?"

Now I actually don't believe these guys could do anything. And maybe I'm wrong here. But not even a "Thanks for your feedback" or "We'll look into it" or "We appreciate your support." It's no longer Shut Up and Buy a Membership. It's Thanks for Getting a Membership Now Shut Up.

This "club" has lost its way on and off the field. It has lost its soul. It can get stuffed.

It's heartbreaking to see this from a certified die hard.

The truly sad thing is that no one down at Arden Street gives the slightest *.

It's not our club any more mate.

The Prawn rots from the head down, seriousely with the disgracefull way the clubs being run atm ben buckley needs to be sounded out.

Sent him a letter 2 weeks ago, haven't heard a thing back.

They simply don't care.

Was in aisle 36 and noticed the same. They were fine but its not the point we pay money to be around our own. We pay good$ aswll. Other years its been worse with supporters being idiots. I remember last year we had a feral women from the country at one of our games swearing and talking about how women shouldn't play footy. The seats should be for nth supporters only. They should offer ga nth members to upgrade for cheap. Give nth supporters a chance not others

When I said this to the Membership Services Two, the response was "So do the people who paid for the seat today."

I kid you not.

I'm in Ailse 34. About 4 rows from the back. All Essendon. They could have been worse. But it's not why I buy a reserved seat and no one cares.

That’s the problem mate. No one at the club gives a s**t. I emailed the club Wednesday about this situation. I got a response. It was all about $$$$$.

I’m a 30 year adult member, 40+ if you count junior memberships paid for by family. I’m third generation North. My great Uncle supported the team before they started in the VFL. He used to purposely buy the worst seat in the grandstand at Arden St just so the club could sell it. I was always inspired by him to give that bit extra, the club needs me. But * me, that are making it hard right now. I wonder what he’d think about it all...

Sent him a letter 2 weeks ago, haven't heard a thing back.

They simply don't care.

What can be done mate? I'm heart and soul. Rusted on. But no one wants to listen. Totally disenfranchised. The club has my $$$$ for the three memberships I buy for me and my kids. I bought my first membership in 1989 as a 17yo with my own money. But no one gives a s**t about me anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s the problem mate. No one at the club gives a s**t. I emailed the club Wednesday about this situation. I got a response. It was all about $$$$$.

I’m a 30 year adult member, 40+ if you count junior memberships paid for by family. I’m third generation North. My great Uncle supported the team before they started in the VFL. He used to purposely buy the worst seat in the grandstand at Arden St just so the club could sell it. I was always inspired by him to give that bit extra, the club needs me. But **** me, that are making it hard right now. I wonder what he’d think about it all...

Last edited:
What can be done mate? I'm heart and soul. Rusted on. But no one wants to listen. Totally disenfranchised. The club has my $$$$ for the three memberships I buy for me and my kids. I bought my first membership in 1989 as a 17yo with my own money. But no one gives a s**t about me anymore.

I am hearing you mate, and you are far from alone in that sentiment.

Well......we need serious action mate, or we are going to lose the club altogether.

They can produce all the tidy balance sheets they like, but culturally we are dying. This is a slow creeping death in a time when we MUST grow.

We have to start kicking off board members one by one for starters.

Understand your frustration MM.

After voicing my similar frustration to the club at the end of 2017 I was told nothing could be done about this infuriating sell-back scheme, so last season I moved our family out of our long-held front row aisle 21 reserved seats to across on the wing .

Ironically the club then changed the 'North End' bays from reserved seating to a North-only area, in a bid to circumvent the AFL led and controlled initiative (according to our membership dept.).

The wing ended up being even more frustrating as the issue remained, but I was now paying far more for the privilege of my family listening to oppostion nufties ruin our matchday experience.

This year I'm back in the 'North End' area and thus far it's been much easier to endure.

It was a disgrace. And I agree they were low key but the amount of red and Black absolutely was not on and set the tone for the day.

Your heart died!?! My penis shriveled up and dropped off. It’s a shame as we had been good mates over the years. I wrapped it up in a napkin and hoped to revive it somehow but I think I might have left it at the pub on the way home. I hope I didn’t confuse it with that shitty kebab I got.

Good to see you and Zondor there today mate. I too watched Euge depart at 3qtr time. Needing a frontal labotomy I decided to stick it out among the opposition faithful in the Schimma Club. Oh the joy!

Still April, But I feel it's very long season till Ground final finishes.
Seriously only despair left this year.

Making final - No chance
Brownlow medal - No chance
Coleman medal - Almost no chance
Rising Star - Almost no chance
Josh Kelly - Almost no chance
Improvement - non
Hope - non
Future - non
Motivation - non

Wooden spoon - highly chance
Suck Brad Scott - some chance