Religion Religions and rudeness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Believing in a deity of any sort is a mental illness.

I tell you what it is, it's a dead-easy explanation for anything and everything.

Why'd my sister get cancer and die? God's plan
How did life and the universe come about? God did it
How are babies made? God smiles
How come I can't...? Because God is watching you in silent judgement (this one is probably the most catholic one of all. Guilt is a great psychological multi-tool it must be said (until it stops working anyway ;) ))

I tell you what it is, it's a dead-easy explanation for anything and everything.

Why'd my sister get cancer and die? God's plan
How did life and the universe come about? God did it
How are babies made? God smiles
How come I can't...? Because God is watching you in silent judgement (this one is probably the most catholic one of all. Guilt is a great psychological multi-tool it must be said (until it stops working anyway ;) ))
what's the point of living when there's nothing?
get a life and it's not that important what you do with it

This was organised and planned. A sign to the entire world that Christianity will be burned to the ground. Sources suggest those who organised it did so to let France know Christians are no longer in control.

The media isn't reporting it because it upsets the narrative and they don't want to cause trouble. Scary times. That was a beautiful piece of architecture. A sad day for art.
LOL.
Surprisingly they let you, a halfwit in Australia who posts primarily on a football forum which is not overly recognised internationally, in on it?

I am in awe of your vague whiff of unimportance and absolute lack of veracity.

I’ve had many arguments with the devout and their ability to use various forms of logical fallacy (and often weave them together) is incredible. I suspect it’s how they justify a lot of things to themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The assumption is that without an invisible sky fairy who has no control over your life, does and has done nothing to either better or worsen your human condition and who cannot and will not intervene in any event is better than the baseless assumption that a life is nothing?
It's idiocy.

IDIOT...in capitals.

Just attempt to give some evidence I am barking up the wrong tree.

Bible quotes do not count as evidence.

You live for the NOW. You live for the sheer pleasure of it, and you live to make those around you that you care about happy. This is hard to do amongst the daily grind, sure. But it CAN be done. All it takes is focus.

By the way, finding solace in a God and/or an afterlife isn't foolish either and I can respect the journey others go on in this regard. It's just not my path.

LOL.
Surprisingly they let you, a halfwit in Australia who posts primarily on a football forum which is not overly recognised internationally, in on it?

I am in awe of your vague whiff of unimportance and absolute lack of veracity.
Are you done jerking yourself off now? Good. Now let the adults speak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate.. you have no control over your life... which is why you die..lol.. if u had control.. you would make it so you’d be rich, smart, have a hot girl a Ferrari and you’d live forever..
The assumption is that without an invisible sky fairy who has no control over your life, does and has done nothing to either better or worsen your human condition and who cannot and will not intervene in any event is better than the baseless assumption that a life is nothing?
It's idiocy.

IDIOT...in capitals.

Just attempt to give some evidence I am barking up the wrong tree.

Bible quotes do not count as evidence.

You live for the NOW. You live for the sheer pleasure of it, and you live to make those around you that you care about happy. This is hard to do amongst the daily grind, sure. But it CAN be done. All it takes is focus.

By the way, finding solace in a God and/or an afterlife isn't foolish either and I can respect the journey others go on in this regard. It's just not my path.
Why do u live for now.. when u die and it all didn’t matter..you’re not living in utopian pleasure.. and you dont take memories and stuff with you .. why bother?

If a tree fell in the forest and nobody was there to see it.. did it fall? In a few short years there will be no trace if you.. so what’s the point.?

Why do u live for now.. when u die and it all didn’t matter..you’re not living in utopian pleasure.. and you dont take memories and stuff with you .. why bother?

If a tree fell in the forest and nobody was there to see it.. did it fall? In a few short years there will be no trace if you.. so what’s the point.?

That IS the point. If post-death doesn't matter then that's not worth considering. But the NOW - how comfortable you are, how much happiness you feel and can give to others, that to me is all important. I work away because I need cash money of course, but when my time is my own I like to get on the piss a bit and have a laugh. I've travelled.

These things make me happy and, though each person is different one from the next, it is these simple things that bring contentment. Sure the world at large turns to s**t by varying degrees, but because I can only affect the here and the now of what's around me, I'll settle for that.

I have never felt I needed some greater cosmic plan to validate my own existence. I just AM.

I'm only stating opinion, NOT fact. It's why I'm agnostic instead of athiest. I know I don't have the answers. My fault entirely - I should have made that clearer from the outset.

Your inferrence that you're stating facts is blatant.
You think people that believe in something are just doing it to validate their existence. Whereas you're above this.

That IS the point. If post-death doesn't matter then that's not worth considering. But the NOW - how comfortable you are, how much happiness you feel and can give to others, that to me is all important. I work away because I need cash money of course, but when my time is my own I like to get on the piss a bit and have a laugh. I've travelled.

These things make me happy and, though each person is different one from the next, it is these simple things that bring contentment. Sure the world at large turns to s**t by varying degrees, but because I can only affect the here and the now of what's around me, I'll settle for that.

I have never felt I needed some greater cosmic plan to validate my own existence. I just AM.
why you think you give others happiness?

are you opening your home to others?

do you cook for strangers?

what are you saying?

not many people make these kinds of gestures!

what's happiness if you're dead and you don't take your happiness with you?
you don't take your experiences with you
you don't take your materials with you

what was that happiness?

are you really happy?

whether you are or not you're going to die and your happiness or unhappiness that you gave others does too

because they're going to die as well

so I get back to my first question

if you die and people around you die

what's the point of living when you're not here for very long and you don't do anything

working in an office and servicing debt isn't anything great!
you're really not changing the world

I mean, you can pretend you're important but you're not

I dunno.. I'm just throwing this out there because this is what humans have always thought about

that there must be a higher meaning to life than the self, eating, shitting, consuming and pretending it's true nirvana

when you look at our society, you realise that between alcohol, drugs, anti depressants etc

that we're not really happy,
that our children are not really fulfilled
and that we need to be constantly entertained to exist

take football and the internet away from people and there will be a collapse
take alcohol, weed, anti depressants and you'll have a very angry revolution

I think you're kidding yourself that you're making people "happy"!

you're only a consumer and you'll die and everything you've done is finished

sounds rather wasteful to me!
meaningless.. without meaningfulness

Life is so precious and special

maybe you received a life for something more than uselessness?

I dunno.. just saying

Your inferrence that you're stating facts is blatant.
You think people that believe in something are just doing it to validate their existence. Whereas you're above this.
what he's saying is people who are believers are idiots

but people who don't are the intelligent ones

if we break it down to just civilisations

what's a religious civilisation given the world
v
Atheist civilisations

let's go to literature, music, art, architecture for example

then we look at communism and modern art ( lol) and nihilism

everybody was upset about the notre Dame cathedral

Curiously, it’s purpose as a place of worship is being ignored by 99% of media. ‘Iconic’, ‘great’, ‘famous’, ‘astonishing’, every description except as building built to worship in and to glorify God. Almost as if they are (purposely?) ignoring its very reason for being.

The thing is humans dedicating stuff to themselves and being inspired not by greatness but by self can't create the same inspiration

it creates the era of self entitlement

culturally, nothing great comes from this.. you can look at it anyway you like

nothing splendid has come from an atheistic society

even footy didn't.. but corporatising football did and the game really is on its deathbed

The next thing I would ask him is if God didn't create the universe.. and I'm not saying he did.. but I myself think God did!
what created the universe?

if he is about logic and reason he must have a logical and reasonable answer

I mean you can't dismiss others right or opinion as ridiculous without having a sound reason yourself

right?

The next thing I would ask him is if God didn't create the universe.. and I'm not saying he did.. but I myself think God did!
what created the universe?

if he is about logic and reason he must have a logical and reasonable answer

I mean you can't dismiss others right or opinion as ridiculous without having a sound reason yourself

right?

There is a fundamental flaw in that type of thinking.

The lack of an explanation for the origins of the universe, does not in any way justify the existence of a god.

There is a fundamental flaw in that type of thinking.

The lack of an explanation for the origins of the universe, does not in any way justify the existence of a god.
that's what someone who can't explain the mystery of life and the universe and metaphysics throgh logic and science might say

if you can't prove anything through science but it's science that you use as cornerstone to not believe in something greater

then you can't criticise it

if religion is a mystery and you can believe in the mystery

and if science is proof
where everything must be proven to be believed 1+1= 2

and you cannot prove life and the universe using science
for example cause and effect is a fundamental scientific method

talking about the big bang has zero scientific methodology because there's a bang but no cause!
therefore it's unscientific but it's a narrative that's unproven by science

from this we can deduce that this science is a mystery and it needs faith to be believed
therefore not a science!

nobody can say what was there before the big bang so the big bang theory has no real scientific grounding

A super ego putting the pieces into place is as scientific and makes even more sense when you consider the exactness in laying out the whole of the universe

The fact that anybody can put themselves and everything else as a series of mutations and chance is not very scientific really

that a whole sequence of things happened that were all chance and have no beginning to help is arrive to where we're at today

that we find this perfection by chance after chance after chance as atoms split and cells mutated

and by a stroke of luck we exist and only to die and have nothing to take away from the whole experience except the selfish need to be happy ( but you die) so happy but it doesn't matter

We have a bad start point believing that we're important.
Once we relieve ourselves from that arrogance the rest is much easier, more humble and likely more honest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back