Review Round 5, 2019 vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

When he has played this role in the past he has been a speed bump. He gets lots of the ball, but slows us down too much.
I think the conditions prevented this being too much of an issue last night. Hopefully he has sped up his transition work for good.

You've clearly mixed up your players.
Sammy G had 26 disposals, 5 tackles, and 8 marks. He was one of our hard men albeit his small size limits him.
Marshall did sweet FA, although he did put some effort in unlike rounds 1 and 2. One tackle, 3 marks and I doubt any of them were contested because he lost every marking contest I remember.
I know he’s a forward, but his tackling was awful last night and he missed shots we’d be cursing Dixon for,.
However, having an extra tall makes up for that.

Wow. How beautiful was that to beat West Coast in the west. I need to find images of Gaff looking bewildered.

I got my Good Friday miracle so I guess there really is a God and she’s a Port supporter.

Did not think I would have been wanting to watch a replay of us playing WC.

The thing is about that game is we really should have clobbered them and I mean clobber them.

30 scoring shits to 13.
71 i50s to 38.

The scoreboard only says it's 42 point margin and really it could have been anything.

All of that is a bizzare thing to write after we just rolled the reigning premier on there on home deck haha.

Wow. How beautiful was that to beat West Coast in the west. I need to find images of Gaff looking bewildered.

I got my Good Friday miracle so I guess there really is a God and she’s a Port supporter.

Did not think I would have been wanting to watch a replay of us playing WC.

gaff.jpg

Need an AFL investigation into gambling and game fixing. Not just our game. One team seems to get lots of early frees and late in games many soft frees the even the count!

Couldn't agree more, its not even a port thing. On balance our umpiring has been fair this year outside of this game.

It's a west coast issue that has existed for over a decade at least and has statistical significance over a 100-150 odd game sample. It's either consistently soft umpires, or there is real $ going in to the umpires pockets in Perth.

Suns will go there in a fortnight and experience the same thing, guarantee it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still baffled how we can play like that last night, but then we can't beat Richmonds VFL team at home
We have the synergy the line coaches have talked about all year?
Things have finally clicked?
We have Marshall?
Dooooogs is back?
Ollie back to beast mode?
We prefer to play as the underdogs?
It’s an aberration?
None of the above?
All of the above?
Take your pick :)

The thing is about that game is we really should have clobbered them and I mean clobber them.

30 scoring shits to 13.
71 i50s to 38.

The scoreboard only says it's 42 point margin and really it could have been anything.

All of that is a bizzare thing to write after we just rolled the reigning premier on there on home deck haha.

Agree with you. Should have been a 60 point margin.
I thought it was one of the most complete games I have seen us play in a long time.
Aside from Petruccelle goals, West Coast were dominated.

Jonas in post match interview mentioned we deliberately lowered the eyes and sought to prevent the intercept marks going inside 50. That mixed with immense midfield pressure and a forward structure with some height won us the game.

Hey, maybe we should try that every week!

I mean we didn't play a tall forward in our forward line against Richmond, what did we expect?
To be fair, Marshall was pretty darn average before he was dropped.
He regained some confidence and form in the SANFL last week. Who knows if keeping him in the AFL team the last 2 weeks would have had the same effect?

To be fair, Marshall was pretty darn average before he was dropped.
He regained some confidence and form in the SANFL last week. Who knows if keeping him in the AFL team the last 2 weeks would have had the same effect?

I've heard people say this and I think they need to re watch the Melbourne game. He was excellent in round 1.

He did struggle in round 2, but when your sub 15 game tall forward has an off night in a wet game to me that isn't droppable. And if it is droppable, he should have been dropped for Frampton, not just dropped with no replacement or plan for how his role was to be covered.

weagels not having lecras to kick the first 3 goals of the game helped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back