Review Round 5, 2019 vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

SGray was excellent
SPP does just as much off the ball than with it. He’ll be nursing a very sore leg this morning after that bone on bone collision.

Marshall helps our structures so much but needs to work on “wanting the ball” to make it as a full forward. I live the kid but he’ll be Westhoff Mark II rather than a full forward unless that changes.

You are right re Marshall but I thought Todd was more aggressive in his attack on the ball yesterday. I actually saw him sit an Eagles player on his arse in a front on collision which is good. Add a few kilos and maintain yesterday's aggression and Todd will do OK.

I agree about S Gray. Sam was a ball magnet as a midfielder in the SANFL and playing up the ground is probably the best way to use him.

Marshall competed last night. Even if it was just spoiling their defenders he competed and that was the difference. If he keeps competing he stays in the team if he doesn't we need to bring in someone else who can compete for those dump kicks forward.

SGray was excellent
SPP does just as much off the ball than with it. He’ll be nursing a very sore leg this morning after that bone on bone collision.

Marshall helps our structures so much but needs to work on “wanting the ball” to make it as a full forward. I live the kid but he’ll be Westhoff Mark II rather than a full forward unless that changes.
Agreed SPP does so much work which helps the other midfielders. He just needs to keep our those 5 unnecessary free kicks a game that he did early in the season. It seems like he's addressed it over the past couple weeks

WHAT HAPPEN WEST?
Some-one had to lose. :D

A great victory that has resonated around the footy world.
That it was our first Friday night game this year and many on here, myself included, thought we were going to get our pants pulled down
made it more than special. Let's be honest it was a shock result.
Another confession, I thought it'd take me awhile to instantly recognise our new players and their numbers..... pfft
Who did we trade out again?

What a bi-polar board we are from yesterday morning to last night.

TBF it's hard when the umps take clear contested marks off of you.
Yeah I remember that one. It's the only time the commentators mentioned an umpiring mistake against us. It was straight after a dodgy deliberate against us. I noticed they closely reviewed every 50/50 our way, and there were very few, derwain was even convinced our goal HAD to be recalled when Healy pointed out it wasn't actually touched, regardless of whether it was over the line or not. Terrible bias commentary. Terrible bias umpiring. Convinced afl is rigged to a certain extent. Still cheating scum couldn't even get em close.
I thought Marshall plays chf and is nothing like the hoff. He cleaned up a couple of players fairly last night who tried to take his line & is our best big man prospect for a long time. He had a couple of a grade defenders chasing his arse all night.
Also it's not just having an extra tall up there. It's the delivery. I think our mids got lazy with Dixon/ Ryder and just thought bomb it long Ebert style. But they lowered their eyes. We can beat most teams if we dry up their defensive rebound.

As much as Robbie was well held by Sheppard I actually enjoyed his game. No sooking or removing himself from the contest to play for frees.

Even though it wasn’t happening for him he kept in the contest with second efforts and had some great knock ons and blocks.

Not a great game by him but if he keeps playing with that attitude he won’t be far from having an absolutely ripping match.
Robbie shepherded a couple of goals too if I recall

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is Dwayne Russell's problem? He's terrible at calling our games.

NSFW

2z0ltg.gif
That tap by Lycett...

And all 14 of those points were scored by one Jack Petruccelle!

Top notch effort by our defence.

FWIW I didn't think his first goal should have been the result of a free kick. He held possession for long enough when Burton chased him down and it should have been incorrect disposal.

Umpires were ****in disgraceful. They made too many mistakes and as usual their incompetence was not mentioned by the commentary team.
I beg to differ. I distinctly remember the commentary team complaining ad nauseam about the kicking in danger that nearly took Duursma's (?) head off followed by the mark that was potentially touched by a fingernail leading to a Port goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back