Draft Watcher Slice of Pie: 2019 Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I wa sunder the impression he has been playing the bulk of his SANFL time up forward, has barely played in defence his whole career you can’t expect him to get the numbers that Gould can who has spent more time in defence and looks natural there.

McBean kicked 8 goals on Fogarty the other week lol.

I don’t think they know what he is

What do you think about Jay Rantall?
An eye-catcher with some very instinctive traits around goals. Tends to just take the game on and moves well. An elite runner too. From the basketball background it is no surprising his skills need a tidy up, with his field kicking needing work, but his instinct around goals is very good. He's one I've marked down on my list as one to watch for the mid-late draft if he continues his form.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
An eye-catcher with some very instinctive traits around goals. Tends to just take the game on and moves well. An elite runner too. From the basketball background it is no surprising his skills need a tidy up, with his field kicking needing work, but his instinct around goals is very good. He's one I've marked down on my list as one to watch for the mid-late draft if he continues his form.

Around 190cm?.. R2-R3 ish?

Around 190cm?.. R2-R3 ish?
He’s 184cm, he is more of that R3 and later for me at this stage, but anything outside 20 these days can be a surprise packet. Just needs to work a few things by seasons end. I like what he offers but has some clear areas of improvement to rate him as a high chance to be drafted at this stage.

jjami15

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Pie 4 Life. Essendon and Collingwood have shown that we lack serious leg speed. Is there a number of players that you are aware of that have this quality? I understand Lachlan Ash is one.

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
Pie 4 Life. Essendon and Collingwood have shown that we lack serious leg speed. Is there a number of players that you are aware of that have this quality? I understand Lachlan Ash is one.
You already got one last year, Tom Berry has top end speed and agility.

Yeah Ash and Brodie Kemp are two of the higher prospects with great speed. Others include Josh Honey, Ryan Gardner, Nick Bryan and Lachlan Potter. There’s a lot in this draft that have good agility and even if they don’t have elite speed, they create time and space for themselves to dispose of the ball cleanly.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Budarick top 20 interesting.
Good signs for suns academy if we can add to our recent draftees that look like legitimate AFL players in Bowes, Crossley, Scott.
Dawson, Scheer, Heron, Graham to green to make a call on yet, although Scheer will probably play games this year.

You obviously think Budarick has got enough pace / tricks to make it at his height.

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
We need maybe four or five of these types.
I've been watching the NEAFL streams of your lads games because of my interest in a couple of the lads from around this district and I'll tell you what if Brisbane don't draft Keidean Coleman this draft I reckon someone else will. Serious set of wheels along with great evasiveness and goal sense. One of his plays yesterday was sublime where he roved a pack dodged a couple of Apsley players and ran into an open goal. Tends to go missing a bit at times but has X factor on steroids.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
I've been watching the NEAFL streams of your lads games because of my interest in a couple of the lads from around this district and I'll tell you what if Brisbane don't draft Keidean Coleman this draft I reckon someone else will. Serious set of wheels along with great evasiveness and goal sense. One of his plays yesterday was sublime where he roved a pack dodged a couple of Apsley players and ran into an open goal. Tends to go missing a bit at times but has X factor on steroids.
Thing is he’s one of our over age U19 academy kids that was over looked at last years draft. Could have been had in the rookie draft.

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Thing is he’s one of our over age U19 academy kids that was over looked at last years draft. Could have been had in the rookie draft.

he definitely has x-factor, worth a late pick or rookie spot, but maybe you had better options in a stronger draft last year, might get his shot this draft?

Budarick top 20 interesting.
Good signs for suns academy if we can add to our recent draftees that look like legitimate AFL players in Bowes, Crossley, Scott.
Dawson, Scheer, Heron, Graham to green to make a call on yet, although Scheer will probably play games this year.

You obviously think Budarick has got enough pace / tricks to make it at his height.
Yeah his size might see him slip back into the 20s, but he's not too dissimilar to Ned McHenry in the sense he plays that pressure role. He can also play in defence as we saw yesterday, so he seems to me to be one of those players that could really vary depending on where you rate him.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Yeah his size might see him slip back into the 20s, but he's not too dissimilar to Ned McHenry in the sense he plays that pressure role. He can also play in defence as we saw yesterday, so he seems to me to be one of those players that could really vary depending on where you rate him.
We've got Richmonds third rounder so hoping with him being potentially a difficult person to pin he might slip a bit and we could pick him up with this alone depending on where the bid comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back