A part of my NMFC heart died today.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Good to see that’s he’s retained the passion. Is this the bloke that we need back on board to get things on track?

He steps forward, then I step will in right behind him, and do whatever I can to get him appointed.

I hope there's a secret meeting regarding an alternative ticket for a board takeover going on somewhere in Melbourne this week.

Arocca, De Rauch, Joseph, Carey, King, WANM reps etc. Hurry up and mobilise people.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
That’s a fair point. I’ll pay that.

But on the other hand, just because you choose to sit with fans who barrack for the same team doesn’t mean you won’t have morons sitting in your vicinity.

Some of the Level 2 North Members when I sat there v * in 2016 were painful enough to have me think ‘yeh nar’...it was painful listening to Mr * Know it all yesterday but listening to uneducated North fans constantly heckling players and clueless of the modern game (don’t kick it backwaaaaaarrrds for 4 quarters) is painful

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Essendon had a club sponsor present at the pre game interview. Good work by Essendon. It was our home game and Carl Dilena was on his own. We should've had our sponsor present.. Casual and tardy by the club.
Delina on his own?
Where was Buckley ?
Where was our sponsor?
If this right then not only the playing side that needs to be looked at maybe the whole club In general?
I think it's time for a broom to be brought in and clean out the whole club in all areas.
But that's right the board won't do that as they won't want upset there mates in the club just like not upsetting there mates at Werribee and North Ballarat FC in many ways destroyed our club thru there own selfiness and egos for there own success which got the NMFC nowhere.

I hope media types are reading this thread and hold the administration accountable.

This isn't about seats, bad losses or sacking the coach. This is about member disfranchisement with the club as a whole, and for a small club it's a dire situation.

Pretty sure Heath and Co. don't give a rats like the rest. Doesn't answer Tweets directed at him when the hard questions are asked
A Boys Club all of its own that is killing this once mighty club.
Its good to see some of the 90s Premiership players like Corey, Duck and Kingy having a say, hopefully the media will listen and jump on board.

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Pretty sure Heath and Co. don't give a rats like the rest. Doesn't answer Tweets directed at him when the hard questions are asked
A Boys Club all of its own that is killing this once mighty club.
Its good to see some of the 90s Premiership players like Corey, Duck and Kingy having a say, hopefully the media will listen and jump on board.
Correct me if I'm wrong on this but didn't Caroline Wilson once describe our club once when Brayshaw was Chairmen and if true wasn't Arocca when CEO and Ron Josheph when on the board forced out of there positions as they wanted the club to take a different direction.
I like to see these men come out and say what went down when they were both there.
It just seems the board wants the supporters to shut there mouths and pay their memberships and have no say in things.

hotham

NMFC 1869
North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jan 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eels
Delina on his own?
Where was Buckley ?
Where was our sponsor?
If this right then not only the playing side that needs to be looked at maybe the whole club In general?
I think it's time for a broom to be brought in and clean out the whole club in all areas.
But that's right the board won't do that as they won't want upset there mates in the club just like not upsetting there mates at Werribee and North Ballarat FC in many ways destroyed our club thru there own selfiness and egos for there own success which got the NMFC nowhere.
It wasn't a good look. Carl Dilena lacks presence. He looked scruffy. This game was our right for centre stage and it was Essendon that took the advantage.

hotham

NMFC 1869
North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jan 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eels
Correct me if I'm wrong on this but didn't Caroline Wilson once describe our club once when Brayshaw was Chairmen and if true wasn't Arocca when CEO and Ron Josheph when on the board forced out of there positions as they wanted the club to take a different direction.
I like to see these men come out and say what went down when they were both there.
It just seems the board wants the supporters to shut there mouths and pay their memberships and have no say in things.
We are a different club now.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Some of the Level 2 North Members when I sat there v * in 2016 were painful enough to have me think ‘yeh nar’...it was painful listening to Mr * Know it all yesterday but listening to uneducated North fans constantly heckling players and clueless of the modern game (don’t kick it backwaaaaaarrrds for 4 quarters) is painful
Old country footy proverb i heard from the gallery many times, " he paid his gate fee he can say what he likes"

A loose cannon hey. Better that the current pop guns we have.
So long as we get a ceo/admin that have Melbourne Growth as their mantra, I'm not too fussed who it is.

Would really love it be a Euge & Ron combo though.

Apr 27, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Time for Euge and Ron Joseph to get together to "Make it Happen". :stern look
We really do miss Euge and Ron. But as much as I love Ron (he is an undisputed champ at our club). He must be pushing 75 to 80 now, so I’m not sure he would have the energy required to change the culture (again) at North.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
We really do miss Euge and Ron. But as much as I love Ron (he is an undisputed champ at our club). He must be pushing 75 to 80 now, so I’m not sure he would have the energy required to change the culture (again) at North.

Ron needs to be utilised to recommend the people that we need to lead the club for the next generation.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
The Ron Joseph prophecy (7 years on)

Ron Joseph slams North Melbourne 'boy's club'

FORMER North Melbourne chief executive Ron Joseph believes the club is imploding because of “a boy’s club” mentality.

Rod Nicholson

HeraldSun June 6, 2012

dfbb8d994540fa338ef0dcb894448c72

FORMER North Melbourne chief executive Ron Joseph believes the club is imploding because of a boy's club that puts itself before the club, and that James Brayshaw is not the right man for the presidency. Joseph bought into the current crisis today, a day after Brayshaw accepted the resignation of chief executive Eugene Arocca, who quit claiming his position was no longer tenable.

“James Brayshaw has been genuine in some ways but I don’t think he is the right man for the job,” Joseph told RSN Racing & Sports. “What you need is someone who is going to embrace all of the people across the whole stream of the club. “You must have a certain personality for that and, not wanting to be disrespectful to James, he doesn’t have that. "He doesn’t want to go beyond standing behind the microphone and making speeches.”

Joseph said he felt sad and disappointed to “see the place implode in the middle of the season".

“There is no question at North there was a boys club in operation and it is unhealthy where people came before the club," he said. “When I was on the board I could see problems, particularly in the football area. There is a void in expertise (on the board) and when I mentioned that I was isolated,” he said.

“There is no question there was a boys club that should have been dismantled four or five years ago. When I tried to express my views on it I was isolated, and booed out of the annual general meeting,” he said of his exit almost two years ago, after 45 years at the club. “Now standing from afar I suspect the North Melbourne Football Club does not come first (in some quarters).” Joseph said Arocca “in some respects has done a very good job in very, very difficult circumstances". “It is sad to see a great football club implode,” he said.

Apart from a couple of dickheads behind me, they were no issue.

They knew they had a very easy win against a terrible opposition, then went off home.
Yep. In the past they would have had a go but it seems our quickly raised white flag, their opening two rounds experience and Collingwood awaiting kept them in check

Amen Corner

Debutant
Feb 4, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks
Hi guys. I hope you don’t mind me posting here, my cousin (keen NM supporter) alerted me to this thread knowing full well this is a pet hate of mine.

I understand this is of no comfort to you guys but my club does the same thing. We sell our reserved seats to opposition supporters regularly also and it peeves me off to no end. I can handle some banter and some mocking etc but these days I feel footy supporters go way over the top.

A few years ago, Essendon played hawthorn at Marvel as a home game. We weren’t going so well and hawthorn were a gun team. We were surrounded by their supporters on level 2, aisle 32 which is smack bang in the middle of an EFC reserved seating area. We were taunted and harassed all day and since 2013, I’ve kind of accepted that is probably going to be the case for a few years but this was merciless, so much so that my 4 year old daughter was left in tears and not wanting to come back to the footy.

I wrote to the club and spoke directly with our COO who essentially told me although it’s an EFC reserved seating area, any unsold seats were available to anyone via Ticketmaster. Their answer to my suggestion that we give priority to EFC members was that once a certain time of the week is reached, those seats are available to the public and the club loses control of who they can be sold to. Translation? We will sell the tickets to whomever wishes to buy them, regardless of the fact that it may mean our members’ experience is diminished. I hate that attitude.

I (like you guys no doubt) stump up my $ year in year out for the past 27 years and that’s the response? It’s a corporate game now. It’s all about cash, not the club or it’s members. I think it’s sad but unfortunately it’s a reality. I feel for you all as I know how it feels. I don’t have the answers unfortunately but it seems ALL clubs will take the line that will yield the best financial outcome even if it means inconveniencing those who have stuck fat through thick & thin. It stinks.

Cool Kangas

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 2, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I feel too emotionally invested in the club at the moment :sob: It’s not good! I think I need a complete break from footy. I think the club does too!! North should just take annual leave until 2020. That should fix everything.

Mar 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Don’t buy into this bs mentality. Why would we lose Good Friday due to a woeful loss? Don’t get me wrong, I’m filthy. I’m also amazed anyone stuck around until the last quarter. BUT. Why does this logic only apply to north (and it gets pushed by a vitriolic media. Cue knobend Taylor) why doesn’t it apply to Carlton and any prime slot they’ve played in the last 15+ years? Why doesn’t it apply to Anzac Day and Essendon the drug cheats running with a reserves side? Why doesn’t it apply to Melbourne (not demons) and queens birthday. Don’t get me started on Richmond. It is rubbish and ammunition to push an anti north agenda. Don’t give it fuel. Call it out. It’s always bubbling away under the surface.
Are you one of those that spits out ......but but but we are the ones that started friday night football ??
Look up the word economics in the dictionary:- this will help you.

Back