List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets rumours 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Imo we need to consider mids only, forget others, we have coverage in those areas.

2 of the players i mentioned in Brodie & Bonar are mids , Himmelberg is a KPD and with rance 30 yo and Astbury close behind and a free agent this year, We certainly need another coming through and Himmelberg is 4 years into the system and getting close to playing.
Have heard murmurings about some interest from us in Brodie from last year - fat Dew doesnt rate him or his disposal to be more specific. Seems that hasnt changed and with Miles up there taking an inside mid slot, Brodie still cant get a game. Id take him

Would be great if we could snag him for a pick like a late 2nd or 3rd

DoItForCaptBlood

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2008
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
Have heard murmurings about some interest from us in Brodie from last year - fat Dew doesnt rate him or his disposal to be more specific. Seems that hasnt changed and with Miles up there taking an inside mid slot, Brodie still cant get a game. Id take him

There's a good reason Dew doesn't rate his disposal.... it is shite! He might get better over time, but he is playing NEAFL for exactly that reason. Gets alot of ball... but.... you know the rest as we have a few of his type over the years.

Still, he has another chance on Sunday. So, gets another go.

TigerTime88

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 8, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
I think we need to look more at quality that only has a couple of years left. Someone that will come cheap but is A grade. Pick these guys up from lower based teams cheaper due to age and who have no use for them in a rebuild. We are in our flag window and need to add another quality midfielder to our side IMO.

Murphy would have been perfect last year IMO.

THE THIN MAN

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆🏆
Jan 7, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
I think we need to look more at quality that only has a couple of years left. Someone that will come cheap but is A grade. Pick these guys up from lower based teams cheaper due to age and who have no use for them in a rebuild. We are in our flag window and need to add another quality midfielder to our side IMO.

No to Ex-Carlton Players or Coaches

Chunky09

Premiership Player
Jul 8, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
I must admit, last week's game didn't have my complete attention, but it seemed like he was playing more wing/mid, rather than half back. IMO it's a role that suits him better. He seems to be more prone to panick and poor decision making playing in defence. I reckon teams potentially targeting him as a FA will be looking to use him on a wing, and he'd do well there.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Yep absolutely. I actually don’t mind Ellis, if he’s on the wing, we have more than enough players to fill that half back role, he should never go back there

Agree, he wouldn't cost much in terms of salary either.... but I can't see Collingwood letting him go. Too much upside.

And Bucks likes him, they are just trying to get his body right. They have some aging mids in Pendles, Sidearse, Beams (this year), Wells, Varcoe and maybe Greenwood - all 28 plus. Even Treloar is 26. Sier is just 21. If we could prise him out it would be a job well done by Balmey.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
I would take Sier , He looks like the slow burn big inside mid that will get better once he hits 23/24

averaging 20 possessions and nearly 5 tackles with half his touches contested
going at 68% DE and 70% time on ground.

I would cough up our 2nd rounder for him which would be around pick#30

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
There's a good reason Dew doesn't rate his disposal.... it is shite! He might get better over time, but he is playing NEAFL for exactly that reason. Gets alot of ball... but.... you know the rest as we have a few of his type over the years.

Still, he has another chance on Sunday. So, gets another go.
I back our development program over GC

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond

A grade won’t come cheap , continue drafting like we have , no problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back