Review Round 5, 2019 vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

You've clearly mixed up your players.
Sammy G had 26 disposals, 5 tackles, and 8 marks. He was one of our hard men albeit his small size limits him.
Marshall did sweet FA, although he did put some effort in unlike rounds 1 and 2. One tackle, 3 marks and I doubt any of them were contested because he lost every marking contest I remember.

Was at game Marshall very good attracted McGovern and negated his influence . Did huge work off ball opening up forward line . 2 of marks contested plus another contested ripper that was not paid

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Great win but it has me feeling like it's a massive tease, the girl who gives you the eye but ends up rooting your best mate (still haven't got over and it was 20 odd years ago). Will we continue to play to that level or was it an abberation? Doogs was fantastic with his attack on the ball and he did attempt a few marks in defence, he's teasing us as he could be that dominant intercept marking defender every good team needs. Was Sammy G's role slightly different? He is much better as that player linking up between the D50 and attack as he works bloody hard. Duursma is an absolute freak of an athlete, having someone like that who can run all day is rolled gold. Butters is such a smart footballer, just makes goods decisions with tap on's and kicks off the ground to advantage, great wet weather football. The only negatives on the night for me was Robbie just looks shot, can't cover the ground and is fumbly, something he's never been, hopefully just needs a rest. Westhoff is still struggling but was better than the previous 2 weeks. I get the criticism of Bonner, he just doesn't have the grit and determination to land or break tackles. It's not a size issue, it's intent, he has to improve or he'll make way for someone else...

Agreed SPP does so much work which helps the other midfielders. He just needs to keep our those 5 unnecessary free kicks a game that he did early in the season. It seems like he's addressed it over the past couple weeks

What are you scripting about
SPP has had a total of 6 free kicks awarded against him in 6 games this season . Just a basic stat check would save you from yourself .

That 6 doesn't even allow for your "unnecessary " which would at least halved the figure

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Great win.

I was a bit Richmond supporter against us this week in that I was preparing to get flogged but secretly still thought we could win but I didn't expect it to be anywhere near that easy.

That's the benchmark.

Does make the losses to Brisbane and Richmond even more frustrating though and it's a concerning time to face north Melbourne now.

Not too many passengers last night, the majority played well. But special mentions to Boak (what a season so far) and Sam Gray (brilliant).

And the 2 skippers finally delivered this year too.

Don't undo it all against north. Please.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good to see Doug play a good game should be good for his confidence. My favourite set of play from him last night was him starting behind from Kennedy, the ball incoming he accelerates to close in and effects with a spoil then follows up immediately with a strong tackle on Jetta for holding the ball.

Had a weird dream last night that we beat West Coast in Perth by like 7 goals and Sam Gray was almost BOG. Haha so random.

I had a dream that I was at an automated dry cleaning service and couldn’t figure it out at all.

I agree with you absolutely that Marshall should be a fixture in the forward line.

But as far as influence this game was light years ahead of his Melbourne game. I won't label this a coming of age game but he played like a genuine #1 key forward. He's not used to the idea but he grasped it.

He contested everything that came in his area. In the air, on the ground, with and without the ball. He didn't spectate and he went to impose himself every time.

That is the game we all wanted the see from him. The one where he looked like he believed he should be there leading the forward line and he was going to prove it. Why the coaches highlighted his workrate at the convention.

The goals will come.
Really should have kicked 3 as 2 easy misses...noted also when he was on the sidelines when resting on the bench he appeared to be in real teammate type discussion with his playing 'mates' and enjoying their camaraderie...would like to think he is starting to feel better about himself...just an observation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back