Autopsy Round 5 vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time will tell on TT.

I’m still getting over Will Walker at such a high pick when all the experts believed he was a fourth or fifth rounder if lucky.

We love reaching with our picks.

Durdin, Nielson McKay just to name a few more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not correct. Champion Data rated him in the top 25. Shifter Sheehan was a huge wrap for him and Geelong were ready to swoop.

His form in his 1st year was extremely positive before the injury.

I didn’t come over to piss anyone off, just wanted to throw down three things

You guys were matching em and then after a quite a few misses that could’ve been goals fell away.
That’s belief I reckon and a failing of the coaches.

Things are never as bad as they seem.

I dunno how your board works but I know at my club even though everyone laughed at the “Focus on Footy” ticket that got 15min in the media it shook s**t up a little and let the board know people were concerned and fair dinkum about biting the bullet and showed the muscle and the money to make it happen.
If I was a north person with some contacts I’d be driving down to Brighton and knocking on Mcgowans door and ask him to get behind an idea, he’s still got a shitload of dough.

View attachment 658093
Honestly what does this even mean? What are our internal expectations? Given the way you recruited you built these external expectations. And why Cant we replicate the competitive effort from last year? That means you can't movitate the players, that they are comfortable not giving 100% and content knowing they are going to get picked every week. This comment from The coach just makes me so angry because you know there is an issue but not doing s**t all about it

It means he's just rambling off generic crap because he doesn't have a clue.

We need to give credit to the club, seems like in our 150th year "celebration" we are looking to emulate the 5 win 75.18% bottom 3 finish in our inaugural 1925 year in the VFL. :stern look

I don’t know why the shocking inaccuracy in front of goals is a surprise - struggle to hit targets everywhere else on the ground.

They have no confidence or killer instinct.

It's round 5 and they are mentally shot.

Shifters a huge wrap on most kids. Shifter also believed Simpkin was a top 2-3 pick.

Don’t be fooled by the old X club was gonna pick a player. Lots of crap spilt by clubs to try and make other clubs panick.

Surprisingly Geelong picked up Tim Kelly with the pick afterWill Walker,

We went for another Flanker with little pace.

Champion data can rate what they want and at U18 level it’s a lot easier to get possessions with no pace.

Anyway time will tell and I just can’t see that under our current game plan, development program and coaches that any of our flankers will develop.

Shifters a huge wrap on most kids. Shifter also believed Simpkin was a top 2-3 pick.

Don’t be fooled by the old X club was gonna pick a player. Lots of crap spilt by clubs to try and make other clubs panick.

Champion data can rate what they want and at U18 level it’s a lot easier to get possessions with no pace.

Anyway time will tell and I just can’t see that under our current game plan, development program and coaches that any of our flankers will develop.

I actually liked our Will Walker pick. He was a real ball magnet at TAC cup level who could hit the scoreboard and impact a game. From memory, he was probably the losing teams' best on in the GF that year.

He has been given virtually no opportunity since joining us.

Walker some has some speed, not as much as Kelly but is definitely a modern HF.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Even if we did take Kelly, bullshit Brad would have him still in the 2’s now learning how to defend.
This is not a joke. We all know it would be the case.
The bloke doesn’t know how to manage players. It’s clear.

Had mates ask me where we'd finish this year at the start of the season and I said 4th to 14th. Agreed, not really leaving much open there but this year is even worse than I thought.

It's everything - skill, game plan and intensity.

The intensity is there when they haven't dropped their heads. The skills and decision making have been disappointing throughout the year. This isn't a different team to last year though where the skill and intensity was a lot better.

It's just not clear what we're trying to achieve out there. We start the game with a plan and play ok in the first term (or at least competitively). It seems though as soon as the opposition make a simple change, were doomed

- Hawthorn played off our defenders and we successfully marked and kicked forward. As soon as they pressed the defenders there was no answer.
- We took the game on by attacking the middle last night, as soon as they plonked an opponent in the middle outside our back 50, there was no answer.

From there I can't see what the plan is? My best guess is trying to get the ball through handball to someone that can kick.

However what has always seemed to be our biggest issue and one that we exacerbated this year is running two ways. Most of last night I was wondering where our midfield was. Usually running back in packs of three with no opponent, with the ball about 50m away. I can cop that on a turnover but not when they've transitioned through us. Guys like Polec and Hall don't offer that. Turner does and why he's probably going to be picked first every week.

This comment isnt aimed at you, its in general as lots of people say it and not just North supporters.

Its crazy to think an AFL coach doesnt have a plan, doesnt have a plan B or C. Sure it looks that way when performances arent up to scratch, yet time and time again supporters think the coaches are total morons. Just have a look at Port's forum, they were calling for Hinkley's head only a week or so ago, now they take apart WC who looked 'outcoached' yadda yadda.

Think of it this way, anyone of us could apply for a coaches job and sell them on our ground breaking idea of having a plan B and C. Yep it would sound completely ridiculous. Any team thats losing it'll be unclear what the plan is, but rest assured there is one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But here’s my rub; it’s 5 hours of travel to and from the game which as you get older becomes tedious and robs you of time doing other stuff

To turn up the past three seasons and see maybe 2/3 enjoyable wins in 3 seasons leaves me wondering why I just don’t watch it on Foxtel for 2.5 hours especially when one bloke lays 10 tackles and 12 others lay 1! Have a ******* go!

Each time I read that stat re 12 players laying 1 tackle it just blows my mind. Absolutely appalling. No excuse for that. It’s an absolute joke.

I know that you fought the good fight in 2007 as well, Orange Peanut and I have absolutely no doubt that you love the club too. I get what you are saying and totally understand. I just hope that some other people are not canceling memberships and downgrading their support etc. to send some type of message to the club as it could ultimately hurt us down the track when we no longer have a club to support but won’t change the current situation.

I hate the s**t that we are currently in and desperately want something to change. As Corey McKernan said, it is time for the Club to DO something and not just accept what is being dished up week after week.
Money talks, BS walks

Walker looked pretty good in the games he had before his injuries. I am still optimistic about him, as much as you can be with anyone at the club, we seem to be slow to develop and have players plateau at too low of their potential ceiling, we don't play a brand of footy that brings out the natural talent players have, we don't teach anyone how to win one-on-one footy so we play a convoluted game plan where we need 2, 3 or 4 players to help in every contest and when we don't get that intensity and pressure, we look ****ed.

Witches hats have more go in them than this current list.

It’s an endichtment that a new bloke like Pittard seems to be more invested in playing well than the rest of these spuds.

Shocking hair cut but has been a good pick up; has a red hot go

This comment isnt aimed at you, its in general as lots of people say it and not just North supporters.

Its crazy to think an AFL coach doesnt have a plan, doesnt have a plan B or C. Sure it looks that way when performances arent up to scratch, yet time and time again supporters think the coaches are total morons. Just have a look at Port's forum, they were calling for Hinkley's head only a week or so ago, now they take apart WC who looked 'outcoached' yadda yadda.

Think of it this way, anyone of us could apply for a coaches job and sell them on our ground breaking idea of having a plan B and C. Yep it would sound completely ridiculous. Any team thats losing it'll be unclear what the plan is, but rest assured there is one.

There is a plan.

That is not the problem.

The problem. Is the plan dictates the player attributes needed.

Player strengths should dictate the plan.

This is a nutshell has always been Brad's problem.

It's why talented kids look to go backwards, and why we've seemingly churned so many kids.

We focus on the plan not the players.

If we are going to cop these floggings, we may as well start blooding a new backline.

Williams McKay Crocker
Pittard Tarrant Murphy

Seasons cooked and the coach is you'd think on the outs, so why not just say * it and blood as many kids as possible to prepare for the future.

Whatever future we have doesn't involve JMac, Thompson, Wright, Tarrant, Ziebell to name a few. They're getting older, too old in some cases and will retire or be delisted by the seasons end and the club needs to face this reality and prepare what we have now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back