A part of my NMFC heart died today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. I an
Are you one of those that spits out ......but but but we are the ones that started friday night football ??
Look up the word economics in the dictionary:- this will help you.

Yep. I am. And whilst perfectly aware of the definition of economics and it’s blurring of the integrity of the sport I’m glad you raised it. Same rules apply (or don’t depending on which club we’re speaking about) Anzac Day; Collingwood and Essendon pioneered it so they have perpetual rights, Dreamtime at the g- don’t see that being shared around; somehow Carlton and Richmond lay claim to opening game, queens birthday; it’s tradition! What a crock. Whilst I can appreciate these are standalone games as opposed to a weekly timeslot, I definitely feel we have been completely shafted in a timeslot that we pioneered. We’re lucky if the afl throws us a bone and we get a few a year. Why do the arguments/rationale change when north are involved? Economically driven fixturing is exactly why we find ourselves relatively underexposed. The effects of underexposure on our club is a discussion for another time suffice to say it significantly impacts the very economics you speak of....

I think we cut too deep when we let our veterans go...we underestimated the inability of those remaining to cover their losses.
Half of us on here were dismayed by cutting boomer while he was still great. The other half just said “shut up and support Brad Scott, he knows what he’s doing “

Yep. I an

Yep. I am. And whilst perfectly aware of the definition of economics and it’s blurring of the integrity of the sport I’m glad you raised it. Same rules apply (or don’t depending on which club we’re speaking about) Anzac Day; Collingwood and Essendon pioneered it so they have perpetual rights, Dreamtime at the g- don’t see that being shared around; somehow Carlton and Richmond lay claim to opening game, queens birthday; it’s tradition! What a crock. Whilst I can appreciate these are standalone games as opposed to a weekly timeslot, I definitely feel we have been completely shafted in a timeslot that we pioneered. We’re lucky if the afl throws us a bone and we get a few a year. Why do the arguments/rationale change when north are involved? Economically driven fixturing is exactly why we find ourselves relatively underexposed. The effects of underexposure on our club is a discussion for another time suffice to say it significantly impacts the very economics you speak of....
St Kilda and the Bullies are in the same boat....the traditional larger fan based clubs bypass this through bums on seats. I'm not sure how old you are Roorage but this has been an agenda for years, actually come to think of it , decades mate.

St Kilda and the Bullies are in the same boat....the traditional larger fan based clubs bypass this through bums on seats. I'm not sure how old you are Roorage but this has been an agenda for years, actually come to think of it , decades mate.

Agreed, doesn’t mean I have sit back, accept it and become apathetic.

Btw; I’m Old enough to see the forest for the trees 😉

Hi all, forgive the intrusion but this situation is exactly what your club and many of its supporters were asking for. North always wanted this Good Friday game to be against a big 4 club and this is presumably so that club could pick up North’s attendance slack and get a full house.

I remember this board being filthy when the Dogs were given the first GF game against the Roos

Question is that of these seats were not sold to Essendon supporters, would the seats have been filled at all? Judging from the past 2 years the likely answer is no.

Dogs have the same relevance issue which is why I’m interested and why I was so disappointed we couldn’t buil this marquee game together.

Hi all, forgive the intrusion but this situation is exactly what your club and many of its supporters were asking for. North always wanted this Good Friday game to be against a big 4 club and this is presumably so that club could pick up North’s attendance slack and get a full house.

I remember this board being filthy when the Dogs were given the first GF game against the Roos

Question is that of these seats were not sold to Essendon supporters, would the seats have been filled at all? Judging from the past 2 years the likely answer is no.

Dogs have the same relevance issue which is why I’m interested and why I was so disappointed we couldn’t buil this marquee game together.

Had no issue with the inaugural game against the dogs and thought it was quite a success. 43,000 plus I think? In some bizarre application of non-logic, you were removed in favour of the poorest drawing club in St Kilda. If 43k was a the base from which to build upon, I daresay if the fixture was unchanged we would be rivalling yesterday’s numbers. It was the perfect opportunity to grow a stand-alone fixture and was squandered. From memory peter Gordon was quite vocal about it. Crickets from our admin. Funny that.

Can someone who knows, please pm me the real reason why Euge was shown the door?
Because his views didn’t match those of Brad’s, Cam’s and Carl’s.

Euge’s love for the club was deep and real. The current clowns in charge are solely interested in job preservation and so surround themselves with guys who will support them unconditionally, no matter how incompetent they are.

I’m sick of it.

Because his views didn’t match those of Brad’s, Cam’s and Carl’s.

Euge’s love for the club was deep and real. The current clowns in charge are solely interested in job preservation and so surround themselves with guys who will support them unconditionally, no matter how incompetent they are.

I’m sick of it.

So, he didn't do anything untoward against the club or some sort of sackable offense?

Any idea what the staff thought of him outside of the boys club?

So, he didn't do anything untoward against the club or some sort of sackable offense?

Pretty sure he was not impressed with the nepotism around LMac’s selection (fair argument too IMO)

Felt exact same way. I walked into aisle 34 on level one and the back middle rows were all Essendon supporters. It was disgraceful.
Was going to make a thread similar to yours but what’s the point. The dollar is everything to the club.

Agreed

Fair play to them, most knew they shouldn’t have been sitting there and quietly enjoyed their win.
The ones in our membership area enjoyed antagonising North supporters more.

Absolutely disgraceful experience.

I think I am just going to renew my AFL Membership next year.

These arseholes don’t give a * about the members.

If they send me raffle tickets this year I have a mind to wipe my arse with them and mail them back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was critical of the higher-ups in an article that was published in the Age or Herald Sun, I remember that. He expressed frustration that he had visits from key people from potential sponsorship partners and government bodies but couldn't get them access to the chairman. I think he have a specific example of JB trialling his new putter in his office while potential backers were ignored.
Ît wasn't long after that article that he departed.

As someone that often sits in opposition supporters area I find this all rather funny. We are s**t and deserve s**t thrown at us. Suck it.

A mate and I used to be Eagles members in Perth because we liked going to the footy and it was cheaper. We would just barrack for who ever the Eagles played. It was fun. A lot of fun.
I don’t mind a bit of banter with opposition supporters but yesterday was people intentionally antagonising people to try and get a reaction. A part of me was hoping someone stood up and chinned one to shut them up. But these clowns know they are virtually protected in this game environment.

I don’t pay good money to have to try and look through a security guard for 15 minutes.

Not everyone wants to go to the footy to be antagonised.

He was critical of the higher-ups in an article that was published in the Age or Herald Sun, I remember that. He expressed frustration that he had visits from key people from potential sponsorship partners and government bodies but couldn't get them access to the chairman. I think he have a specific example of JB trialling his new putter in his office while potential backers were ignored.
Ît wasn't long after that article that he departed.
I have no insider knowledge but every public expression by a staff member at NMFC was one of sadness (and a few of disbelief) that he was going.

If this is the case, Euge absolutely needs to lead an opposing ticket as he's probably in the best position to do so. He comes across as one of us or at least cares about our members and supporters.

These are seats that have already been paid for by members.

This is the club asking members to hand back the seat so they can on sell it. The seat is already been paid for regardless if someone sits in it or not?

I have no issue with it now. I will just chose not to buy a premium membership and enjoy the same fan experience for a lot less money.

If this is the case, Euge absolutely needs to lead an opposing ticket as he's probably in the best position to do so. He comes across as one of us or at least cares about our members and supporters.

Can confirm 100% certain he gives a sh!t about members and supporters. The guy genuinely cares about the North Melbourne FC. Met him once and he was an absolute gentleman and actually bothered to ask me my name and a bit about myself even though i could see he was really busy. He gives a damn and thats already more than the current admin do.

I had Essendon fans around me which I expected, what I didn’t expect was then to be in the premiership club bar as well, by all means let them sit there so we can have a full house but that’s our area.

I can’t think of any other business model where you spend $650 a year on a service and get treated like a number.

Our club has no idea, I’m almost at the point of just wanting the Tassie move to be done with so I can move on with my life. They have broken me.

Can confirm 100% certain he gives a sh!t about members and supporters. The guy genuinely cares about the North Melbourne FC. Met him once and he was an absolute gentleman and actually bothered to ask me my name and a bit about myself even though i could see he was really busy. He gives a damn and thats already more than the current admin do.

Had the same experience. Wrote an email to jb and Eugene praising them for standing up to some bs news article. Never expected a reply. Got one from Eugene thanking me for my support and acknowledging my feedback. All class.

He steps forward, then I step will in right behind him, and do whatever I can to get him appointed.

I hope there's a secret meeting regarding an alternative ticket for a board takeover going on somewhere in Melbourne this week.

Arocca, De Rauch, Joseph, Carey, King, WANM reps etc. Hurry up and mobilise people.
You need to include Corey McKernan in that list, he has been very very vocal both on FB and Twitter about his disdain for the club in its current position. This needs to be a 90s premiership player lead revolt. The didn't give up and they need to instill the same sort of mongrel into the team of today

Remove this Banner Ad

Back