Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fremantle > 30 pts

• Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Some bathwater consumed at GWS during the week? From one of the best ever club wins to one of their worst (modern day) losses in a week...

Dockers have been fantastic though. Hope they go on with the job.

Freo are a competitive side who have been awful on the road. This is a huge win and possible turning point for them.

I actually thought they were a chance today, and not in hindsight... actually before the game started. Was considering a straight up gamble, but took that big line instead. Was very confident they would not get blown out today.

As per my previous post... Fyfe back, Hogan, Walters, Lobb, etc... GWS is was obvious favorite.. I'm not denying that, but I didn't picture Freo losing by more than a few goals, and possibly getting the win. Lyon is a defensive freak, and GWS is pretty one dimensional with Cameron as their only real forward option. Himmelberg is still young, and Greene is out.

In hindsight... I'm actually surprised GWS is going so well this year with the limitations in their forward line. Their midfield is that strong, they have been dragging them over the line. Was only a matter of time before they were exposed like this.

So many hypotheticals going through my head which make St Kilda, Gold Coast and Freo the three best teams in the comp...
Head hypotheticals are more real than they seem...

If Freo hold on, Saints and Suns win, and the Cats lose, than the top four will consist of Freo, GC and St Kilda.

Edit - Regardless of Cats result all three will be top 4 if they win.

Some bathwater consumed at GWS during the week? From one of the best ever club wins to one of their worst (modern day) losses in a week...

Dockers have been fantastic though. Hope they go on with the job.
None if the above.

A footy season has great wins and terrible losses. Twas ever thus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Head hypotheticals are more real than they seem...

If Freo hold on, Saints and Suns win, and the Cats lose, than the top three will consist of Freo, GC and St Kilda.

Supporters of those sides will probably just take the wins without questioning it, but I guess the query is how much is to do with them being good, and how much is to do with their opposition not playing up to their ability/potential?

Like, is it a genuine "change" to which teams are good and which aren't, or are "the real good teams" losing matches they should be winning?

Back