Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fremantle > 30 pts

• Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS are "overrated", if you just look at the draft picks they had available to them over time, work with the assumption that each player drafted in the top 20 will turn out to be 200-gamer and a top 5 player at their position during their prime, and don't take into account the results since then and their current list.

Most people seem to rate the Giants correctly. They're not dominant, and today's result was unexpected, but when they play to their ability (which seems to happen in about 2 out of every 3 games), you would think they're a top 4 side.
Leon Cameron isn’t coaching this team or better yet not the coach to command his troops to the flag. Seems like he can match it but not often enough. GWS will probably miss their window, with Cameron coaching.

Plastic will always melt under extreme heat. And unfortunately it’s a reacurring theme since your clubs inception that when the going gets tough, GWS fold like a deck of cards.
Plastic franchise club calls another franchise club plastic.

Will wonders never cease.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Plastic franchise club calls another franchise club plastic.

Will wonders never cease.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I said the way your team plays it’s like melting plastic. Never insinuated your footy club was plastic. In fact, didn’t say anything about a franchise either.

Leon Cameron isn’t coaching this team or better yet not the coach to command his troops to the flag. Seems like he can match it but not often enough. GWS will probably miss their window, with Cameron coaching.

Well, you could ask, do they have the best list in the league right now? Probably not. Therefore, is the issue that they were too aggressive/willing to give up potential talents? Or was this the "intended result" from the AFL, for them to lose players, but for them to be a good side by this point, yet not some unbeatable juggernaut?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Codswallop. But if we cant get more than one every 60 years or so, then I'll happily agree we've failed.

How many flags have the Pies won since we entered the comp BTW?
I do know the Dogs have won one since your exception but I'm still not sure what that has to do with Collingwood.

Not saying sack him. But just overall and long term, you know what you’re going to get with Cameron.

I think he's done a great job over the last 4 and bit seasons. There's really no exact comparison or benchmark to judge him on though. We haven't made the big dance in that time but neither have a lot of clubs. We've won a final in every year we've made the 8.

Because I asked. Nine 8f your posts have anything to do with a gameday thread if it comes to that.
Oh but they do. I'm discussing and dissecting GWS, Whom just aren't that good despite continually getting talked up as a premiership threat. The Geelong midfield were absolutely destroyed last week and couldn't get near it yet the margin was only 4 points. And that was with Cameron playing on Taylor and with Scott coaching poorly.

Today's game is a reflection of just where your team sits in the scheme of things.

Oh but they do. I'm discussing and dissecting GWS, Whom just aren't that good despite continually getting talked up as a premiership threat. The Geelong midfield were absolutely destroyed last week and couldn't get near it yet the margin was only 4 points. And that was with Cameron playing on Taylor and with Scott coaching poorly.

Today's game is a reflection of just where your team sits in the scheme of things.
Which is not relevant to the game day thread.

Wow, are you serious?
Yep. From memory:

2012: loss
2013:draw
2014: two losses
2015: dnp
2016: two really bad losses
2017: loss
2018: two losses

First win ever at Manuka today.

Last win against either NSW team away from home was the 2011 game where Barlow got like 11 possessions in the last quarter in his first game back from the broken leg.

Yep. From memory:

2012: loss
2013:draw
2014: two losses
2015: dnp
2016: two really bad losses
2017: loss
2018: two losses

First win ever at Manuka today.

Last win against either NSW team away from home was the 2011 game where Barlow got like 11 possessions in the last quarter in his first game back from the broken leg.

We never played GWS away until 2016.

Back