News Ryder racially vilified on anti-social media

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what it is, but I swear Fox Footy on Facebook has the nuffiest comments section of all the public Facebook AFL pages

Fox brands attracting mouth-breathers, well I never.

May 8, 2014
Adelaide Airport
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Red Sox, Boston Celtics, QPR
Goes to show, people should think before they post nasty, hateful s**t on the internet, especially with their employer visible on their profile, actions have consequences, and many places of employment have social media policies, so good luck explaining to your employer why you shouldn't be sacked for posting racist bullshit on the internet. It's not about your justification, it's about how your comments are reciprocated, just like any other bullying policy your company has.

I know my employer, one of Australia's major airlines, would definitely haul me into the managers office if I ever did something like this and racially vilified professional sportsperson on the internet, especially since my company is involved in some well known social justice campaigns.

Last edited:

LFC2010

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
No, he also said something crook and deserves what he gets

And his employer (*cough*RebelSport) is visible on his Facebook profile too

If he doesn't get the sack there is something wrong, and I'll never shop in that chain ever again if they don't, not that I do anyway.

Power freak 2008

Premiers 2004, 2020 Covid Premiers
Nov 1, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys/New York Yankees
It's worst for the Sun's supporter. He had on his profile that he worked at Rebel Sport and the company said they would look into it.

Of course they can. The question is do they want to bother.
I meant from attending games, I only put up half a post.
It’s almost impossible, let’s be fair.

agmsy

All Australian
Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Goes to show, people should think before they post nasty, hateful s**t on the internet, especially with their employer visible on their profile

I'd rather people think about why they hold such obviously wrong views, and figure out that they should not hold them. Those who are motivated primarily, or only, by fear of reprisal are bound to uphold the bigot's proud tradition of cowardice and crocodile tears.

How thoroughly unremarkable do you have to be to tie your entire sense of self and worth to your ethno-cultural identity, and how small-minded do you have to be to express that exclusively through the denigration of others?

It was one of the main items on the Ch 7 news in Melbourne. Showed footage of the interview with Paddy.
2nd story on 7 and 9 in Adelaide. Lead story was about a death on country roads - Kadina this time.

channel 7 headlines

Ryder vilified - crows member apologises.
making a hero out of the crows member for apologising.

what a f****** joke!!!.
I seem to recall the banana thrower being hounded at her house? Too far or not far enough?

Better than a life ban.

Get the crowie in front of Paddy, SPP etc but also with crows aboriginal players Betts, Milera, Ellis-Yoman, and Andrew Mcleod etc. A bit of a kick up the arse and humiliation will achieve more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back