scooby1279

Norm Smith Medallist
May 15, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
kangaroos
Most of us are still angry with the performance yesterday but most of us have all had a feeling for a long time something is not right with the club. I am glad that some past players and current media people are finally discussing the footy club as something needs to change.

This morning i got a message from a well respected footy person into possible problems at the club (they stated it was an observation) i was totally shocked as it was very random and unexpected considering i didn't initiate anything.
I am not going to name names out of respect to the person so please don't ask.

In summary:

The people in charge of the club are "faceless people" who have left Brad in charge

They questioned the recruitment of certain players

Coach has too much power and is close with "afl heavyweights". Top end of the club too scared to question him.

Match day coaching when things don’t go to plan A? (nothing big footy didn't know already)

Ex Tough North people don't want a bare of him

Happy for this thread to be moved into another one as i wasn't sure which thread to post it

Appreciated Scoobs........the s**t is about to hit the fan.
Most of us are still angry with the performance yesterday but most of us have all had a feeling for a long time something is not right with the club. I am glad that some past players and current media people are finally discussing the footy club as something needs to change.

This morning i got a message from a well respected footy person into possible problems at the club (they stated it was an observation) i was totally shocked as it was very random and unexpected considering i didn't initiate anything.

In summary:

The people in charge of the club are "faceless people" who have left Brad in charge

Coach has too much power and is close with "afl heavyweights". Top end of the club too scared to question him.

Match day coaching when things don’t go to plan A? (nothing big footy didn't know already)

Happy for this thread to be moved into another one as i wasn't sure which thread to post it

posting from my mobile.

Thanks for sharing the info. A lot of what you have reported makes sense given the state of the club and team. I am making some enquiries and I hope others here can get some facts to share too. What we can be certain of is that something is not quite right at the NMFC. Ten years of accepting mediocrity has to end now.Viva la revolution!

Unless there is a fundraiser when do we actually hear from Carl?. Ben Buckley is only good enough for an email here or there.

The fact is, Brad isn’t the only problem at the moment. There’s numerous members of the “boys club” who need to go with him. Joyce has to be one of them, bloke is a goose. No idea why he’s remained in his position tbh. There’s a few big calls to be made soon enough, and if we don’t have the balls to make them there is going to be a lot of pain.

To me, the club seems to have veered away from being run to play football, and is instead being run to make profit above all else.

It has just turned into a corporation whose sole purpose is the dollar.

As much as we want to stick by the club through thick and thing, there is only one thing that tends to spur massive personnel overhaul in a corporate organisation - the loss of money.

When the fans start disappearing in droves, then we'll see change. Sadly, but truly.

"When the fans start disappearing in droves, then we'll see change. Sadly, but true."

I totally agree with you, Themanbun. If nothing is done and we end up bottom 1 or 2, we can expect a significant drop in crowds in 2019 AND membership in 2020. The Club will end up a Tasmanian Club (Tasmanian Kangaroos) with some extra games in Melbourne i.e. it won't be a co-location but a relocation.

When a corporation starts saying that they adhere to their own internal standards then either they don't have any clear ones or they are of low standard and too embarrassing to detail to the public.

The generalisation of information emanating fromScott is concerning. Lack of details usually means there isn't much there which leads to unreliable analysis because its too high level.

They need a Work Breakdown Structure performed throughout the whole club and understand what is happenning from the bottom up, not top down.

If Ben Buckley doesn't call for a full review at the end of this year then he has to go. He needs to show leadership and not be the Invisable Man right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Company man who didnt have the plums to make the tough call.

Aside from the expansion teams and Brisbane, I can't think of another club that hasn't finished in the top 4 in the past 12 years.

* haven't been top 4 since '02.

Thanks for sharing the info. A lot of what you have reported makes sense given the state of the club and team. I am making some enquiries and I hope others here can get some facts to share too. What we can be certain of is that something is not quite right at the NMFC. Ten years of accepting mediocrity has to end now.Viva la revolution!
1555757066132.png

This is some highly concerning mail, I fear for the club going forward, any positivity I've been sold in the off-seasons of the past 2-3 years has disintegrated into nothing but pure snake oil salesmanship type messaging with zero delivery.

We did get lucky in 2018, helps we had the easiest draw of the comp that year too, so it's beginning to look more like a fluke with each passing week.

In summary:

After the internal v external comment i.e. yesterday's disaster it's hard to not believe any of that. Actually it's hard to not believe any of the posts in this thread and I havent read them all yet.

In summary:

The only thing I can say about that given I have no inside sources.... How the * did it ever get to this point!! I think one thing we have been pretty good at over the years (I am 44) is preserving the FABRIC of our proud club. We are not just a s**t football team at the moment... We are a s**t club!! That is the way I see it anyway

In summary:

In summary:

The Scott brothers are tight with the McLaughlin brothers among others who are high profile AFL people . Also a couple of others involved in AFL media ... it’s like a private school boys club of sorts .

Last edited:
If Ben Buckley doesn't call for a full review at the end of this year then he has to go. He needs to show leadership and not be the Invisable Man right now.
You're far too generous BE. Buckley should go now as he's useless and totally anonymous; the average non-North footy fan wouldn't recognise him if they walked into him in the street. For all their self-promoting arsehattery, you can't say that about the likes of Eddie, Kennett, Peter Gordon etc. who actively and passionately advocate their clubs' interests on a regular basis.

However, in all fairness, I'm sure Ben has a better golf handicap than the other club presidents.

In summary:

Thanks for the info scoobs.

Can you ask your source what the relationship is like with the players.

Does the coach have their support? Do they enjoy playing under him?

You're far too generous BE. Buckley should go now as he's useless and totally anonymous; the average non-North footy fan wouldn't recognise him if they walked into him in the street. For all their self-promoting arsehattery, you can't say that about the likes of Eddie, Kennett, Peter Gordon etc. who actively and passionately advocate their clubs' interests on a regular basis.

However, in all fairness, I'm sure Ben has a better golf handicap than the other club presidents.
Nobody can format a revenue analysis powerpoint like Ben. Nobody.

The guy lived in Sydney ffs. Always thought that would be a problem

Remove this Banner Ad

Back