Preview Round 6 vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Polec can get f***ed. He was absolutely shite tonight. I thought he was a good pick and we dumped with Pittard and Hall. But those two turned to be not so bad. The players that come in ate the ones that haven't pleated yet.

It's hard to perform well as an outside player when the opposition knows that if you're around the contest and Cunnington or Jed win the inside ball, they are 100% looking to dish it off to you. Even if he does end up on the handball receive, it's hard to show off your foot skills when you have two or three blokes on your hammer.

I've seen it a few times this year, he's looked to break the tackle of one bloke only to be swarmed by two or three oppo players. At Port he was used to only having one player to contend with and he found it easy to break away.

How do they get two or three on him so quickly? Because they know that exactly that it's coming to him and that our designated inside players are very unlikely to kick it themselves.

I'll cut him some slack until our midfield plan isn't so bloody obvious.

WD Roo

All Australian
Dec 18, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's hard to perform well as an outside player when the opposition knows that if you're around the contest and Cunnington or Jed win the inside ball, they are 100% looking to dish it off to you. Even if he does end up on the handball receive, it's hard to show off your foot skills when you have two or three blokes on your hammer.

I've seen it a few times this year, he's looked to break the tackle of one bloke only to be swarmed by two or three oppo players. At Port he was used to only having one player to contend with and he found it easy to break away.

How do they get two or three on him so quickly? Because they know that exactly that it's coming to him and that our designated inside players are very unlikely to kick it themselves.

I'll cut him some slack until our midfield plan isn't so bloody obvious.
I disagree. Polec’s disposal was absolutely pathetic. From where I was sitting he had time on multiple occasions and he absolutely slaughter the ball.

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I disagree. Polec’s disposal was absolutely pathetic. From where I was sitting he had time on multiple occasions and he absolutely slaughter the ball.

Perceived pressure is a thing too.

I'm holding off judgement on him. You don't go from a deadly kick for Port last year in a different midfield to shanking them if you lack skill. The only different variable is our team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne

These type of responses are genuinely maddening.

Its been happening every single week since JLT 1 to now, excuses, 'keep calm boys its only Round X', we understand blah blah. The same old trotted out s**t.

Wheres the perspective, the fans have been patient as s**t with this incarnation of the club, its been 10 long years with a brief glimpse of success in 2 prelims that were FIVE years ago and not a single top 4 finish.

The clubs message its putting out there is 'Hey we got your money, but dont expect us to organise, just stick by us and remain calm its fine! Not every games a must win, but boy we'd like to win 'em!'

Dirty_11

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 28, 2014
Beneath the Blue & White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Shinboners

I'm holding off judgement on him. You don't go from a deadly kick for Port last year in a different midfield to shanking them if you lack skill. The only different variable is our team.
Polec is probably spewing he crossed over to us.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

discodaddy

All Australian
Jun 13, 2011
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
There are no others
Can someone tell where the dislike button is? Why not play Curtis Taylor and one of the Toms

Brad is coaching for his future. He’ll pick the usual suspects because he thinks they are his best chance of getting a win. With Brad at the helm, every week from this point forward will be a wasted opportunity to see what we have on our list.

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
And yet a LOT of Port supporters are probably hoping a loss to you might mean our coach gets given the flick. Strange times.
You guys have Jarred Schofield as an assistant this year, can we have him?

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'd be looking at Atley, Higgins and maybe even Cunners having a spell after today. I can understand some * players running away from Cunners in the middle but not Higgo and especially not Ats.
You need a shut down player on Powell Pepper or he'll destroy the mid field

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
You need a shut down player on Powell Pepper or he'll destroy the mid field

Good.

The sooner this rubbish climaxes in meaningful change, the better.

images (18).jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back