• St Kilda > 30 pts

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Huge issues at the club;
1. No pace. We are so slow when a team rebounds. We just don’t have leg speed to keep up. Plain and simple.
2. It’s curtains for Lewis and Jones and Hibberd and Jetta might not be far off. They’re just not up to it anymore. Modern footy has passed them.
3. Defence is shot. Missing Lever & May is bad. We dropped Oscar McDonald and our No.1 key defender is Frost. That’s not going to hold.
4. Our skills are so poor. We kick helicopter balls, we miss targets, we can’t hit forwards, we butcher it into the 50 where opponents know that ground balls can be mopped up and moved fast. We are playing slower forwards who can’t defend; Spargo, Petracca, Weidemann, McDonald.
5. We kick chase. There’s a total lack of structure.
6. We haven’t adapted to 666 because our leg speed and fitness is off.
7. Our game plan has been totally worked out. We aren’t adapting.

Literally the only side I’d want to play is North.

Huge issues at the club;
1. No pace. We are so slow when a team rebounds. We just don’t have leg speed to keep up. Plain and simple.
2. It’s curtains for Lewis and Jones and Hibberd and Jetta might not be far off. They’re just not up to it anymore. Modern footy has passed them.
3. Defence is shot. Missing Lever & May is bad. We dropped Oscar McDonald and our No.1 key defender is Frost. That’s not going to hold.
4. Our skills are so poor. We kick helicopter balls, we miss targets, we can’t hit forwards, we butcher it into the 50 where opponents know that ground balls can be mopped up and moved fast. We are playing slower forwards who can’t defend; Spargo, Petracca, Weidemann, McDonald.
5. We kick chase. There’s a total lack of structure.
6. We haven’t adapted to 666 because our leg speed and fitness is off.
7. Our game plan has been totally worked out. We aren’t adapting.

Literally the only side I’d want to play is North.
Was thinking this today. 666 is undoing a number of clubs, and the dees appear to be one of them

Still early in the season, but feel goodwin and the leadership need to figure something out quickly.
Wed night could get ugly

They need to swap half their midfield with essendon. One has too many inside mids, the other too many outside.
They cant have our pace
We seem ok through the middle at the moment.
Starting to beat up teams.
Shame we took so long to click into a gear. Could have had another win or two on the board

They cant have our pace
We seem ok through the middle at the moment.
Starting to beat up teams.
Shame we took so long to click into a gear. Could have had another win or two on the board
Essendon are flying with great pace and outside run, but you do need an inside game come finals to a degree. Interesting match up on ANZAC Day.

Hindered preseason is your issue. You'll come good at some point this year and come home with a wet sail after you collectively gain fitness.
It's a small part of our issue, but I also think this is a cop out. Other teams still find a way to win even when they aren't 100%, but the way we are coached and setup just simply hasn't allowed us to be in games and get those points on the board.

The only chance we had was on the tiny SCG, where it was small enough that we could defend it. We should lobby to play all our home games there.

Demons just looked way too slow today.

Pace and ball movement was pedestrian.

Oliver, Lewis, Viney and Jones are all a bit same-same in the middle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon are flying with great pace and outside run, but you do need an inside game come finals to a degree. Interesting match up on ANZAC Day.
Heppell and Myers are doing it
They may not be the best in the league, but they're at least freeing up our runners to execute.
Opponents aside, its been a good 3 weeks through the middle, making life easier on our forwards and defenders

Dees have the cattle. Need to find the pressure that undid the cats and hawks in the finals last year
Feels a bit like our 2017, where getting smashed in a final felt an accomplishment rather than sounding alarm bells

Demons just looked way too slow today.

Pace and ball movement was pedestrian.

Oliver, Lewis, Viney and Jones are all a bit same-same in the middle.

Oliver and Viney play on the ball. Oliver is a gun, Viney is good. The other two are being farmed out to the wing and flanks, but are just bog average plodders out there imo. If it were up to me, I would still have Jones rotating mostly on ball and I would piss Lewis off. We should have some youth and speed coming up in those positions, but we don't.

Oliver and Viney play on the ball. Oliver is a gun, Viney is good. The other two are being farmed out to the wing and flanks, but are just bog average plodders out there imo. If it were up to me, I would still have Jones rotating mostly on ball and I would piss Lewis off. We should have some youth and speed coming up in those positions, but we don't.
Viney and Jones need to be played on ball. Oliver is a bit better on the spread and can be used a bit off the pack.

He tends to rush the handball a bit also so better off with the good handballers in your team to play the grit role.

Problem is you don't have that Gaff or Shiel type to create the run and cause problems for the oher teams structures.

We’re Melbourne drinking their own bath water during the pre season?

I blame the media. Tipped them as premiers pre-season.
Rule number 1 is never to believe the so-called media “experts”.

Well done sainters! Most neutrals are expecting them to drop off as the season progresses but early wins build
Confidence and belief, once you build
Enough of it, funny things start happening.

Happy for richi too, seems like a genuine nice bloke.
Dees look cooked

Back