Past #45: Red Óg Murphy - RIP - Murphy has passed away in Dublin aged 21 (April 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

New Poster here ... from Red Og's village in Ireland .... the whole place here is watching and hoping he will make it.
Such a dedicated and gifted footballer ... footballer of a generation in these parts .... and a down to earth nice fellah.
Good to hear. From what little I've seen of him so far he looks a natural. His ball use with the oval ball and game sense were outstanding for someone who's only been here a couple of months.

This bloke could very well be the missing piece off halfback come 2020 and beyond. Quick, athletic, looks a natural kick of the footy and from all reports reads the game really nicely too. Given our recent acquisitions it's really that linbreaker with good skills we lack most imo

New Poster here ... from Red Og's village in Ireland .... the whole place here is watching and hoping he will make it.
Such a dedicated and gifted footballer ... footballer of a generation in these parts .... and a down to earth nice fellah.

Glad to have you on board!

I wonder if there is any thought to getting this bloke in on the tagging gig. Currently hovering around a flank but as expected, very concerned with his opponent. Why not use his running ability to get the better opponents take him to the ball. It might just get him the ball a bit more too

I wonder if there is any thought to getting this bloke in on the tagging gig. Currently hovering around a flank but as expected, very concerned with his opponent. Why not use his running ability to get the better opponents take him to the ball. It might just get him the ball a bit more too

The more I think about it that it sounds like a plan B.
Sorry we stop at plan A, so outta here with these outlandish ideas

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure it means anything, but I always notice him on the broadcast hanging out with the injured boys in Vickers-Willis, Walker and Daw.

Someone said recently he's a bust, back to Ireland at the end of the year?

I find that hard to believe.

I spoke to him before the VFL game in round 1 this year and he seemed very committed and keen to make a real crack at it. Also said he was settled in well and loving Melbourne

Howdy and a big welcome, haven't heard or seen the N17 mentioned in a very long time, all stone walls and the grass is green aye?
So thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Saw Doctors folks for those wondering.

Howdy and a big welcome, haven't heard or seen the N17 mentioned in a very long time, all stone walls and the grass is green aye?
So thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Saw Doctors folks for those wondering.

Can someone interpret for me please?

For me I spent 3 years travelling the world 89-92, spent 3 odd months in Ireland, took me ages to find the exit. cracking place and some very drunk times. Hope to go back next year.
What is in common between Ireland and, say, Armenia? That there are much more Irish (and Armenians) living abroad than in Ireland itself. Just an interesting how and why that is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back