The on topic thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You sound pretty informed - perhaps he’s not the guy I thought then. I assumed he’d pretty much built that side and may even had something to do with the development of the youth. He probably needs to stick around and build his reputation further
I wouldn't say I'm informed, more I just had a look at the players he's using. Tactically he seems very sound, but again it's early days and he has two special dutch talents to work with. His record is also quite good.

United need a manager who can bring in youth the way Fergie did, and stay at the club for a number of years and return it to the culture it had before. Obviously they have cash to spend also but their real strength under Ferguson was combining home grown talent with big signings. This Ajax manager looks the real deal (I know it’s early days) and has built an exciting team based on youth. That’s the United of old all over
United succeeded with youth because their youth back then were quality.

Playing kids won't win you stuff if the quality isn't there.

As long as they think Fergie MK2 is all they need to succeed they'll struggle. Football has moved.on.

United have won just 3 of their last 8, those 3 wins were 2 laboured and probably undeserved wins against Watford and West Ham, plus a game against PSG they should have lost but won on opposition errors which rarely happen in 3s.

Ole is drunk at the wheel.

Our recent form has been shambolic, if it was Mou still here I wonder how much s**t he would be getting. Ole has us playing the same way currently, but I think this just proves that it's the players and sheer lack of quality that we have in our squad. We've butchered our transfer windows, we've been rebuilding for years and still have so many holes in the team, we need yet another overhaul, and it's going to take Ole time to get in who he wants and build his team.

Until the club gets their s**t together at the top, we're just going to keep going in circles.

Our recent form has been shambolic, if it was Mou still here I wonder how much s**t he would be getting. Ole has us playing the same way currently, but I think this just proves that it's the players and sheer lack of quality that we have in our squad. We've butchered our transfer windows, we've been rebuilding for years and still have so many holes in the team, we need yet another overhaul, and it's going to take Ole time to get in who he wants and build his team.

Until the club gets their s**t together at the top, we're just going to keep going in circles.
Utd. and chelsea are both in similar situations, both clubs revolving through managers and throwing silly money at average players, both are hurting because of it, i think the transfer ban may very well be the best thing for chelsea because they will have no choice but to play there youngsters and bring back some players out on loan and be patient which will probably work to thier favour in the long run

Utd. and chelsea are both in similar situations, both clubs revolving through managers and throwing silly money at average players, both are hurting because of it, i think the transfer ban may very well be the best thing for chelsea because they will have no choice but to play there youngsters and bring back some players out on loan and be patient which will probably work to thier favour in the long run
Hopefully a new manager

D4bmWdtWkAA0FO-.jpg:large

good to see heaven has twitter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, what are we saying here?

He’s clearly asking if you’d rather be in our position and lose the final or be like his two former clubs and win. Could be construed as a sly dig.

Depends.

If your club win europa its cool, ace and grouse. Its not a mickey mouse cup.
If your team loses the UCL final, its better than winning a mickey mouse cup.

Scenario. Team MAFC wins europa, YEAH BABY WE WON TROPHY!
Team MAFC plays in UCL, doesn't win final. Team CFC wins europa, MAFC points and laughs.

I’m torn. Certainly if we’d collected a few trophies in recent years I’d definitely go for reaching a CL final than winning the EL, but obviously that isn’t the case. Id probably still go for reaching the CL final in all honesty considering it’s something we’ve never done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back