Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there was an article in The Post that mentioned ages ago that a young girl being stalked in Claremont after leaving Club Bayview and that she had received harassing phone calls later.

Calls to the Spiers as well. We might not know of any others yet, they all could have got them.

Calls to the Spiers as well. We might not know of any others yet, they all could have got them.
Wasn't there also mention in an old news article that Jane's landlady thought she saw lights on in the early hours in Jane's Cambridge St flat?

Wasn't there also mention in an old news article that Jane's landlady thought she saw lights on in the early hours in Jane's Cambridge St flat?

I haven't seen that but it's interesting. Might not be him, really risky behaviour he could be caught. There was a guy recently in the states who broke into a girl house who'd been abducted and the police had hidden CCTV. Twenty years later of course, hidden cams are done much easier but still very risky.

I haven't seen that but it's interesting. Might not be him, really risky behaviour he could be caught. There was a guy recently in the states who broke into a girl house who'd been abducted and the police had hidden CCTV. Twenty years later of course, hidden cams are done much easier but still very risky.

I can still see a mental pic of the story and photo of Jane's car parked outside. He didn't give consideration to risk imo.

The Cott swimming championships would they have been ocean races and connected to surf clubs?

Last edited:
Why are the remains of Gerard Ross, Julie Cutler's vehicle and the remains of Ciara Glennon placed in a line at 351 degrees or 171 degrees? Otherwise at 180 degrees to each other just like Jane and Ciara. Jane was placed at 180 degrees from the GPO.

Why did Claremontghost use pics of Julie's vehicle and Ciara's discovery site as the desktop background for their youtube channel?

What I discovered after many hours of research is there is no indigenous ethnicity present in either maternal or paternal ancestry lines.

That would reflect the studies then as serial killers nearly always with some exceptions, select their targets along their own racial lines

Just reading from Shellyg on the non-discussion thread (Thanks Shellyg). Can only imagine how those 5 women would have felt when they realised who the kind stranger was who gave them a lift? And they had the accused fingerprints filed away since the Hollywood Hospital attack. Then the affair with an older woman, I didn't know about that, before he married his second wife, hmm... interesting, wonder where and how he met her? Were both his wives older than him too? Oedipus complex? Who knows.

QUOTES:
1995/96/97
The state alleges a man matching Mr Edwards’ description and driving a Telstra car offered young women in the western suburbs lifts home late at night. It’s alleged he picked up women on five occasions and dropped them at their requested destination.

"May 1990"
Proposed evidence
Mr Edwards’ fingerprints were taken and entered into the National Automated Fingerprint Identification System."

"October to December 1996
Mr Edwards allegedly had a brief relationship with an older woman."

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/claremont-murders-media.1212400/

Well it seems there was a witness to some Huntingdale prowler activity. And in 1988 they had the prowler's fingerprints from Huntingdale on file too, which, you would think, match up when they ran through the ones from 1990 Hollywood Hospital attack (my previous post)?
QUOTE:
"A man was said to have broken into a woman’s house in the area wearing a garment resembling a silk kimono, the court has heard.

On the same night of that reported incident, a male resident saw a prowler trying to open the rear sliding door of a Huntingdale property.

The resident said the prowler was male and wearing something “really funny, like a dressing gown”.
"Police were called to the house and took finger and palm prints from the house’s rear door."

https://www.news.com.au/national/co...r/news-story/832ac79af939f622005db6e851dfd1e4

The fact you said facts means your nit picking for your ego.

The point was, had he been intercepting phone calls working at the Congdon st telephone exchange?

Had he been intercepting calls in a stalking pursuit knowing where they would be.

This gives great concern not just for others that might have had calls intercepted, but premeditated murder on targeted individuals.

How many other people may have had calls intercepted?

There's no moral ground here. Had politicians phones, police phones been tapped by a bored stalker?

I have had the same thoughts about phone call intercepting although i don't see it as being so elaborate. All the perp would need to do is know what phone boxes were most used in the area (Claremont) late at night and early morning to make calls to taxi services and bingo you have a pick up point... being a telstra technician would give access to tools needed and it could be done remotely rather than at the exchange for quick interception.

As for knowing the number or address of any victim after the fact, we can assume they carried ID and a telstra employeee wouldn't find it hard to get more details, even if the number is silent...

Why would he put the victims where they were found, because it is at the end of the freeways. The fastest travel route out of town... IMO.

I have had the same thoughts about phone call intercepting although i don't see it as being so elaborate. All the perp would need to do is know what phone boxes were most used in the area (Claremont) late at night and early morning to make calls to taxi services and bingo you have a pick up point... being a telstra technician would give access to tools needed and it could be done remotely rather than at the exchange for quick interception.

As for knowing the number or address of any victim after the fact, we can assume they carried ID and a telstra employeee wouldn't find it hard to get more details, even if the number is silent...

Why would he put the victims where they were found, because it is at the end of the freeways. The fastest travel route out of town... IMO.
He worked at a large telephone exchange in the local area.
It could have been a matter of putting headphones on :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely no randomness. What would be the perpetrator's connection to Pipidinny Rd Eglinton when he had lived in Huntingdale and Madora Bay? I take into consideration he was due and expected in Dawesville on the night of Ciara's alleged abduction. I dont consider it fishing as Madora is very close to excellent fishing spots and closer to Dawesville. Why did he choose the kilometres traveled to each victim? Why did he not place victim's randomly instead of at 180 degrees to each other with relevance to the Conti?
Why did he not choose any other of the 100s of bushland settings closer to abduction points? Map plotting verifies Jane was placed at 33kms direct from the Conti and Ciara at 46km.
There is no reason to suspect that the perp chose disposal sites in accordance with coordinates. What would be his motive for this? It’s a fanciful idea more suited to a sensationalist Hollywood depiction of a serial killer. Is it unprecedented? I don’t know, it may have happened before. But this case doesn’t involve a perp who communicated or taunted police in any way. All evidence points to a classic profile of a serial killer who progressed in his sexual fantasies to serial murder. He was at first impulsive and adapted an organised MO to avoid detection. Avoiding detection is the motive behind the location of the disposal sites. Why would he choose a symbolic pattern to determine the location of the disposal sites? I’d suggest that his motives are much less elaborate than you think.

Edit- although tbh I find them entertaining and you’re free to post such theories. I just don’t subscribe to them. We’ll see if the prosecution mentions it to see if the investigators concluded as such. I could be wrong but I doubt it.

Last edited:
Why are the remains of Gerard Ross, Julie Cutler's vehicle and the remains of Ciara Glennon placed in a line at 351 degrees or 171 degrees? Otherwise at 180 degrees to each other just like Jane and Ciara. Jane was placed at 180 degrees from the GPO.

Why did Claremontghost use pics of Julie's vehicle and Ciara's discovery site as the desktop background for their youtube channel?
The relevance may depend upon the provenance of the Claremont Ghost videos.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

I have been told that taxi drivers used to scratch or write their private contact number inside the phone box that Sarah had used, for clubbers to make direct contact.

There is no reason to suspect that the perp chose disposal sites in accordance with coordinates. What would be his motive for this? It’s a fanciful idea more suited to a sensationalist Hollywood depiction of a serial killer. Is it unprecedented? I don’t know, it may have happened before. But this case doesn’t involve a perp who communicated or taunted police in any way. All evidence points to a classic profile of a serial killer who progressed in his sexual fantasies to serial murder. He was at first impulsive and adapted an organised MO to avoid detection. Avoiding detection is the motive behind the location of the disposal sites. Why would he choose a symbolic pattern to determine the location of the disposal sites? I’d suggest that his motives are much less elaborate than you think.

Edit- although tbh I find them entertaining and you’re free to post such theories. I just don’t subscribe to them. We’ll see if the prosecution mentions it to see if the investigators concluded as such. I could be wrong but I doubt it.

There is reason to believe the perpetrator chose disposal sites in accordance to coordinates because the two victims so far found where placed according to coordinates. In doing so he is giving an indication of where Sarah will be placed in my opinion. It gets complicated.

I also believe he has played his coordinates. Jane at 167 from Conti or 347 to Conti and 180 from GPO. Ciara at 347 from Conti or 167 to Conti and 157 to GPO and 337 from GPO. If you take the GPO coords for both victims Jane 180 and Ciara157 and add them together it is 337.

Telecom and the GPO are historically connected. Investigators used to plot their coordinates from the GPO.

If you add Jane's 167 and Ciara's 157 it is 324. Ciara's birthdate was 19 November and 324 is relevant to that date.

157 is relative to Julie Cutler's birthdate.

Then if you deduct 324 from the 351 degrees regarding the coords for Ross to Cutler vehicle to Glennon sites you are left with 27. Sarah was taken on 27 January.

There are 279 days between the abduction days of Jane and Ciara. There are 279 days between the Church Lane attack on 3 March 1996 and the accused's future birthday.

Anyone that has had children will know the significance of 279 days. There is also a connection to 293 and 351.

BTW the Birnie's 1st two victims were taken on dates relevant to 279 and 293 and 3 victims were placed at coords relevant to his birthdate and his future suicide day. The abduction dated of two 1980 victim's police investigators believe he is involved with were taken on days relevant to his birthdate. He committed suicide on a day relevant to his birthdate which happened to be on the date the 1st Moorhouse victim was murdered.

According to other 'bits' of the coord calculations and further details above Sarah will be placed relevant to 279 but that is not the degree. The degree will be relevant to her birthdate.

Sarah's birthdate and the accused birthdate are 86 days apart or his birthdate is 279 days to Sarah's. Sarah and the accused birthdate show a very interesting fact and if you have had children you should see what the fact is. The accused and Birnie also are connected by the same fact.

Sarah and Julie Cutler birthdates are 47 days apart. 47 is relevant to Birnie's birthdate.

The above detail is factually correct.

Edit to add. Ciara's abduction occurred 47 days after the anniversary of Sarah's abduction.

Edited to correct date typo

Last edited:
Regarding Gerard Ross. He was taken 194 days after the discovery of Ciara's remains and placed at 351 degrees to Ciara's remains or vice versa 171 degrees.

Julie was taken on a day relevant to 171.

If you take 194 from 351 you are left with 157 the degree used to place Ciara from the GPO. 157 days is relevant to Julie Cutler's birthdate.

Gerard's remains and Ciara's remains were also aligned with Julie Cutler's vehicle.

The relevance may depend upon the provenance of the Claremont Ghost videos.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

One of the videos showed someone driving a white van following a vehicle with the caption Curtin Avenue. The van is similar to the type used by Telstra tech employees. All videos were uploaded in 2011 on the anniversary of the Huntingdale attack 15 February.

Edit to add. The 1995 anniversary of huntingdale attack (as charged) to Sarah's abduction is 347 days.

Last edited:
I have been told that taxi drivers used to scratch or write their private contact number inside the phone box that Sarah had used, for clubbers to make direct contact.

Every call from that Stirling Road Claremont phone box, during the short period that Sarah was likely to have been there the night she disappeared, would have been traced and investigated. I'm not expecting any surprise evidence to appear at trial about a call from that phone box to the accused's mobile phone or a fixed line phone number that the accused had access to that night. Or speculation on how the accused or a possible (hypothetical) accomplice of the accused managed to come back later and either removed the (hypothetical) scratched on, penned or pencilled phone number, or removed a (hypothetical) card with his number on it.

Nowhere has it been reported that there is any evidence to say that Sarah had a mobile phone with her that night, let alone even ever owned or had possession of a mobile phone.

Every call from that Stirling Road Claremont phone box, during the short period that Sarah was likely to have been there the night she disappeared, would have been traced and investigated. I'm not expecting any surprise evidence to appear at trial about a call from that phone box to the accused's mobile phone or a fixed line phone number that the accused had access to that night. Or speculation on how the accused or a possible (hypothetical) accomplice of the accused managed to come back later and either removed the (hypothetical) scratched on, penned or pencilled phone number, or removed a (hypothetical) card with his number on it.

Nowhere has it been reported that there is any evidence to say that Sarah had a mobile phone with her that night, let alone even ever owned or had possession of a mobile phone.

Exactly and there is no evidence released so far that indicates anyone intercepted calls. The details I have posted today show that certain dates were preplanned for the abductions and murders related to the current charges the accused faces.

Last edited:
The anniversary in 1994 of the completion of the sex offenders programme in 1991 as a consequence of the 1990 Hollywood Hospital attack as convicted, to the Karrakatta rape as charged, is 279 days!

The Hollywood Hospital attack as convicted, to the Karrakatta rape as charged is 281 days. The last alleged event that occurred in Huntingdale on 8 October 1988 that date is relevant to 281.

It just happens that Lisa Govan's disappearance from Kalgoorlie on 8 October 1999 is relevant to 281. Didn't a work mate of the accused make allegations on BF that the accused was allegedly in Kalgoorlie that night?

It also just happens that the birthdates of Lisa and Gerard Ross are connected.

Last edited:
Completion of sex offenders programme in 1991 occurred 212 days before the accused's birthdate. The alleged Karrakatta rape occurred 212 days before Sarah's 1995 birthday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back