Sunday morning AFL shows

Remove this Banner Ad

what happened?
Nothing specifically, but the female host (sorry - don't know her name) was struggling (for the record, I think that Hamish McLachlan is useless), and the panel consisted of Tayla Harris (a 21 year old who is good at footy, but so far out of her depth on television), Daisy Pearce (another footy player who is not up to big media gigs yet), Jimmy Bartel (offers nothing), and Max Gawn (ripping bloke, but not a fan of current players as panel members). Others might disagree, but it was amateur hour.

Last edited:
First time I've watched the Sunday Footy Show in years, honestly thought it was pretty entertaining and the best footy show on TV at the moment.
It seems to have been able to keep its mojo for a lot longer than the footy show ever did, i wonder if its due to there being much less pressure on a Sunday morning/lunch time or personnel - even both

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sunday footy show is very funny i find, game day is unwatchable.. shocking format.. do they media test these players before they come on?
There are good female footy jurnos around, most of these current women players are shockingly bad.

Sunday Footy Show p***** all over Lame Day.

Why?

Two reasons. Chompers v Hamish.

Chompers gets it and Hamish doesn’t. The matey matey I’m one of you schtick by Hamish is cringey and the guests and segments are boring and stupid.

Footy Show is light, entertaining and actually humourous.

Why?

Chompers gets it and Hamish doesn’t. The matey matey I’m one of you schtick by Hamish is cringey and the guests and segments are boring and stupid.

Game Day always feels oddly tense to me, like everyone's self-conscious about being on camera or something. Something about the studio dynamic (and Hamish is a part of this, but he's not the sole cause of it) creates this strange, strained awkwardness wherein none of the panellists ever seem to feel relaxed. When they talk it comes across like they're reading Powerpoint presentations. It's weird.

Why?

Sunday FS is relatable, its basically banter with your mates at lunch time. Gameday I will never watch after watching hamish laugh off reversing over Cotchin's dog.

Sunday Footy Show has the right balance I think.

Chompers is good, the ex players bounce off each other very well, Purple is only on for a brief amount of time and for the majority of it they all get stuck into him. It's good TV.

Everyone who's talking about it being 'blokey' or 'cringeworthy' is taking their footy just a little bit too seriously. It's as close as we've got to NBA on TNT and that's the best sports show on television the world over.

Both Sunday shows have not progressed from World of Sports in the 70s. A television backwater if there’s ever been one. WOS shat on these shows. I mean Tony Jones and Hamish, two ginormous flogs.

Both Sunday shows have not progressed from World of Sports in the 70s. A television backwater if there’s ever been one. WOS shat on these shows. I mean Tony Jones and Hamish, two ginormous flogs.

Tony Jones might be the most repulsive person ever on Australian TV, only possibly edged out by Craig Hutchison. He's just gross. And yet the Sunday Footy Show is watchable because it has a decent format and Jones, to his credit, plays the idiot who gets s**t hung on him, so he must be at least partially self-aware. Still think it's a testament to his odiousness that he makes Nathan Brown and Kane Cornes seem likeable in comparison!

Brownless just burnt Tony Jones so hard just then. Someone on the panel was speculating about the weather for the upcoming game and Jones goes "Just leave the weather up to Lavinia (Nixon) alright? To which Billy replied "Have you tried kissing her yet?"

lmao. Cop that ya creep!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back