List Mgmt. 2018 Draft/Trade/FA (Pt. 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is great and an indictment at the same time, we haven’t developed players well considering the high picks we have had
the development this year looks unbelievable since Dew's taken over though. Guys like Powell, Ballard, Bowes, Ainsworth, Macpherson, Joyce and Martin have all improved big time since he came on board.

the development this year looks unbelievable since Dew's taken over though. Guys like Powell, Ballard, Bowes, Ainsworth, Macpherson, Joyce and Martin have all improved big time since he came on board.
We haven’t spread from the contest like we have this year for ages. There’s always a player back from the contest to help out and hit a target with extra time. The hack kicks (mostly) are gone and it’s just poor disposal instead like yesterday. Helps when Francou is running the midfield and not Primus.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.he...n/news-story/7ba7fef9ba01708e87ee2975c6fa98f1
Mid season draft
VFL players

Luke Meadows (Box Hill Hawks): onballer who arrives at the Hawks with much honours earned in the WAFL. A perky start to the season will have clubs assessing the 24-year-old as a mid-season draft candidate

Sam Lowson (Coburg): small but powerful forward who is explosive off the mark, keeps his feet and is a terrier of a tackler. Had a couple of scouts running an eye over him in last Saturday’s practice match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adam Tomlinson unrestricted free agent.

Gun player. 26 years old, 130 games at the end of the year.
Where would we play him? conduit between back and forward half as thats where he seem to fall down a bit. A big winger who can get into space but also take a contested mark.

Would have to pay a fair bit to get him you would think.
100% be asking though.

Gun player. 26 years old, 130 games at the end of the year.
Where would we play him? conduit between back and forward half as thats where he seem to fall down a bit. A big winger who can get into space but also take a contested mark.

Would have to pay a fair bit to get him you would think.
100% be asking though.
What I like is he is unrestricted so just need to offer him decent money but not over. If he come great if not at least try .

I go for the Lin Jong from Bulldog ( best player in VFL GF 2016 ), not going to cost much or delist candidate ,around the same age with GHS , Murdoch ,Miles . Capable of playing AFL and helping Kids in NEAFL .
Sam Collins mate Ryan nyhuis rookie contract and backup player at Fremantle ,one NEAFL flag with NT and two WAFL flag with Collins .

* Love Zack Jones ,Cunningham but they are not coming .

Last edited:
we had a serious go at Lin 2 years ago, he might come now

I know GHS is a seriously great clubman off the field and a pro but he looks too slow and altogether a liability now

Besides a class inside mid, what other positions are an area of need for your lot?

There are two very good inside mids in this years draft, unfortunately for you with your current draft positions, they're predicted to go picks one and two.

Looking at the current draft standings, you currently don't have many picks, just the two first rounders and mid to late third rounder.

I'm very interested to see if you go after some SA kids again this year.

we had a serious go at Lin 2 years ago, he might come now

I know GHS is a seriously great clubman off the field and a pro but he looks too slow and altogether a liability now
I really don't mind him playing NEAFL and build the team around him . Time to invest some decent plumber into NEAFL team ..

Besides a class inside mid, what other positions are an area of need for your lot?

There are two very good inside mids in this years draft, unfortunately for you with your current draft positions, they're predicted to go picks one and two.

Looking at the current draft standings, you currently don't have many picks, just the two first rounders and mid to late third rounder.

I'm very interested to see if you go after some SA kids again this year.
Outside mids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back