Delisted #28: Mitch Brown - Retired - 20/9/22

Remove this Banner Ad

Has a strange X-Factor that I can’t quite put my finger on, weird skill set for a key forward. His strengths in my mind are his IQ & work rate. Really like what he adds to the side.

He’s kicked 3 in 5 of his last 12 games.

He’s in the ‘most underrated players in the AFL’ conversation
PinkInbornChupacabra-size_restricted.gif

Easy to forget he was a first round draft pick. He’s been good last two weeks, smart footballer

He seems to nail the more difficult shots around 50 and near boundary then misses the ones from around 30 on slight angles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only goes well when the team is flying. Sooner we find a replacement the better for our long term flag expectations.
If we are in contention for a flag then we are probably flying; therefore your argument is redundant as based on your views he will also be doing well. We have Stewart who is fairly young as well as Gown who is coming along well so far.

Always liked brown and wished geelong had kept him. Played some very very good football in the vfl when first drafted and kicked some absolute bags. Unfortunately had some horror injuries and never overcome them at geelong.

The thing I like about brown is he makes players around him better. He knows how to lead to create space for other forwards. Also has always had an excellent work rate and top skills. Played juniors as a midfielder then grew like 25cm the year he was drafted

Only goes well when the team is flying. Sooner we find a replacement the better for our long term flag expectations.

I don’t think this statement is true at all considering he had a fantastic season in 2016 playing both forward and back. From memory he came 5th or 6th in our best and fairest that year, in a team that was far from ‘flying’.

Those who can’t see the importance and value of this guy and the way he plays are completely out of touch with the current game.

Underappreciated on here. If he was out injured we'd all be missing him in a big way right now. Its nice to have a reliable player who y'know will just keep working and leading throughout the game. Sure he doesn't have x-factor to change a game but he grinds away all day and eventually wears down his opposition.

He'll probably do even better with Daniher in the team who tends to grab attention.

I think he gets downgraded because his weak point is contested marking so when we just bomb the ball on top of his head his not really effective. When he is allowed to lead right up the ground and also crumb a few goals then you get the best from him. Have always been a fan and I think he is actually a better defender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back