Player Watch #35: Nathan Broad

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we could do without him tbh but I also want Balta back there eventually. Coaches seem to be intent on keeping him Forward

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would be in the top 5 in B and F now for us and people at times didn't see him best 22 really gone up to another level to now.

Going well. Tough as nails. Covers a LOT of ground too. Watching him at the ground last night he just runs and runs and runs.

Going well. Tough as nails. Covers a LOT of ground too. Watching him at the ground last night he just runs and runs and runs.

Not to mention (but I'm gonna:p).....his acceleration/speed.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he'll be another grimes wont get any praise for the whole of his career...
who cares though both guns and doing well without rancey

Think that was the best game I've seen him play.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
He was in my votes. The tall 3 are going very nicely. What a unit they are! We have adapted nicely to cover the loss of Rance/Short. The talls at different times defend brilliantly. And I'm gobsmacked at how well SE & SS are going....now that the backline has settled a bit I do hope they get games 5 or 6 more games into Garth.

Got to admit I thought this dude was short term when he arrived - poor kicking style, undersized for a kpd, panicked with ball in hand.

But now you pencil him in every week, just Mr Reliable- good pace/endurance , reliable kick, great size for 3rd tall, always puts his body on the line as 3rd man up in marking contests.

Both Rance and Grimes had plenty of rough edges when they first arrived and are now A grade defenders, Broady isn’t in the same class YET but is a very solid B grade backman

Got to admit I thought this dude was short term when he arrived - poor kicking style, undersized for a kpd, panicked with ball in hand.

But now you pencil him in every week, just Mr Reliable- good pace/endurance , reliable kick, great size for 3rd tall, always puts his body on the line as 3rd man up in marking contests.

Both Rance and Grimes had plenty of rough edges when they first arrived and are now A grade defenders, Broady isn’t in the same class YET but is a very solid B grade backman
Very well said, I completely agree!

It’s also ridiculous to think he’s only played 35 games.

Just a solid and reliable player, we know what we’re going to get every week.

Did some good things on Saturday night at the game, does his best work post game. Will never be a legend on the field, but off it, has already reached legendary heights.

Sums me up as well. Thought his a bit meh. U2Tigers kept banging on about him and he was right. I think Broady's judgement has improved with his increased responsibility so far.

He was in my votes. The tall 3 are going very nicely. What a unit they are! We have adapted nicely to cover the loss of Rance/Short. The talls at different times defend brilliantly. And I'm gobsmacked at how well SE & SS are going....now that the backline has settled a bit I do hope they get games 5 or 6 more games into Garth.
Agree but don't forget Tigga's contribution to that group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back