Review Round 5 - Adelaide Crows 'The Kieron Turner Cup'

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
The betts one was clearly there. soft but it was there. and I don't even know what the second one you are talking about is, so it cant have been too blatant

Nah that Betts one wasn't a free.
There is contact like that in every single pack that doesn't get called.

Camsta

All Australian
May 12, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Steam finally out of my ears, the kids can learn a lot from that game. Will be a few more of those before we hold up the cup, and we certainly weren’t the only ones to get flogged this week.

Wright seemed to get some mojo back, Hanley and harbrow linked up well for some kick-ins, Luko finally showed up and tackling was superb in the first quarter.

I wouldn’t say the boys stopped trying, or gave up like we used to - just outplayed by an experienced team in a cauldron in a must win game.

It’s a rebuild lads, come home, work hard, reset and come back with venom next week.

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Think so. Young and Corbett as well. I wish Rankine and Weller would be ready.
Hombsch swinging forward probably not an indictment on how Dew rated his game. Maybe he's getting dropped for Corbett with Burgess to go back.

There is so much responsibility on 2MP as our only marking forward. Corbett MUST come in surely.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Oh we were ripe for a thrashing today
Adelaide are flat track bullies and we were the fat kid at the back of the bus
But I took some real positives
2MP showed class
Fiorini Miller Bowes all went at it like they have all year and Lukosius did some okay things
A few were found out
Burgess Brodie Joyce
Don't get the Ballard criticism at all
In just about every quarter we started really strong, got no reward for effort and suffered the inevitable once they withstood the effort
They were able to play their pretty boy kick and mark game today - because compared to us-they can kick and mark-but that doesn't make them finals contenders!
They'll be happy to get a win no doubt
6/10 for us today and although I felt this was on the cards today I reckon we just might get them next time

Last edited:

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
]
The problem with Brodie turn over result in Adelaide goal most of the time , he did that in NEAFL for two year already , he will continue to bomb the ball like a headless chicken .

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
what's everyone got planned for dinner?
Working 10 hours in the city so... Whatever Ubereats has open on Easter Sunday 😂

Wouldn’t say the boys stopped trying, or gave up like we used to - just outplayed by an experienced team in a cauldron in a must win game.

It’s a rebuild lads, come home, work hard, reset and come back with venom next week.
Absolutely agree 100% Camsta

I'd rather cop a flogging this week and give the lads a bit of a reality check to have them chomping at the bit for the Qclash.

We were very blessed to enjoy that first month, Now time for the grind.

eppo67

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
2MP showed class
Fiorini Miller Bowes all went at it like they have all year and Lukosius did some okay things
A few were found out
Burgess Brodie Joyce
In just about every quarter we started really strong, got no reward for effort and suffered the inevitable once they withstood the effort
They were able to play their pretty boy kick and mark game today but they aren't finals contenders- because compared to us-they can kick and mark!
6/10 for us today and although I felt this was on the cards today I reckon we just might get them next time
Spot on Sandy
Hombsch swinging forward probably not an indictment on how Dew rated his game. Maybe he's getting dropped for Corbett with Burgess to go back.

There is so much responsibility on 2MP as our only marking forward. Corbett MUST come in surely.
He is trust me. Barring pulling up with something he's in. Bank it in.

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
2MP showed class
A few were found out
Burgess Brodie Joyce

They were able to play their pretty boy kick and mark game today but they aren't finals contenders- because compared to us-they can kick and mark!
Charlie I thought was actually one of our better players today. Did a decent job on Lynch despite the ridiculous ease in which the ball came in from numerous turnovers. Hanley 11 rebound 50's never gave up either.

Back