Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Chad Wingard. 200 games! Signed to the end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Guys!

I'm Joseph, from the Marngrook Footy Show on NITV (CH34). A big game coming up on Monday for the Hawks! Wanted to let you guys know your new star recruit Chad Wingard will be our special guest this week on our Wednesday Night Show 24th April @ 7:30pm.

If you'd like to hear from Chad discuss his new club, teammates and hopefully a positive Monday result be sure to tune in on Thursday night!

The show will be shot on the 24th at 7:30 to be aired the following night the 25th at 7:30 pm.
I mention this because you can be a part of our live studio audience and have the chance to meet Chad, or even compete in our Handball Competition with him on the Wednesday!
Tickets are free and can be found https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/mar...njiCCfbxV-mhq6Mv5oqGIdnE0kHavJw8RZjy7NDB9KYTM.

Hope to see some of you at the show on Wednesday 24th!
If not hope you're tuning in on Thursday the 25th!

Cheers :)

The Chad is still a way off from fitness. His body doesn't look toned at all at the moment. I think we will see his best after the bye.

Until then 2 to 3 goals a games from limited touches is a good contribution.
Agreed that he doesn't look at all fit.

I'm not sure we'll see him hit peak fitness this year, but I've no doubt he'll be where he needs to be next year.

All the best to chad in his 150th. Didn’t want to lose him originally, but perhaps it was the best thing for all parties.

A fair trade was reached and both clubs could be winners. He is an absolute game breaker when he’s switched on.

Hey Guys!

I'm Joseph, from the Marngrook Footy Show on NITV (CH34). A big game coming up on Monday for the Hawks! Wanted to let you guys know your new star recruit Chad Wingard will be our special guest this week on our Wednesday Night Show 24th April @ 7:30pm.

If you'd like to hear from Chad discuss his new club, teammates and hopefully a positive Monday result be sure to tune in on Thursday night!

The show will be shot on the 24th at 7:30 to be aired the following night the 25th at 7:30 pm.
I mention this because you can be a part of our live studio audience and have the chance to meet Chad, or even compete in our Handball Competition with him on the Wednesday!
Tickets are free and can be found https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/mar...njiCCfbxV-mhq6Mv5oqGIdnE0kHavJw8RZjy7NDB9KYTM.

Hope to see some of you at the show on Wednesday 24th!
If not hope you're tuning in on Thursday the 25th!

Cheers :)
Triple like

All the best to chad in his 150th. Didn’t want to lose him originally, but perhaps it was the best thing for all parties.

A fair trade was reached and both clubs could be winners. He is an absolute game breaker when he’s switched on.

Credit to hawthorn, they to me seem to deal fairly on trades. For us burton is going ok, but not sure because we traded up picks but got dursma. Wish ok for wingard but not unpleased when he and polec were traded. You have to trade something to get something

1555723451251.png
I brought this up after the 2014 grand final special, and how pro swans it was. Was told there is no pro swans bias on the show. That entire episode was just a swans supporters group gushing over their team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 658368
I brought this up after the 2014 grand final special, and how pro swans it was. Was told there is no pro swans bias on the show. That entire episode was just a swans supporters group gushing over their team.
The show has no overarching bias. Big footy just requires a team to create an account.
Cheers 👍

The show has no overarching bias. Big footy just requires a team to create an account.
Cheers 👍
It did on that episode. Don't get me wrong it is by far my favourite footy based show. But that particular episode was over the top.

Extremely disappointed/ pissed off with this guys efforts today. Showed no endeavour or want to even try. Serious concerns for whether he really wants it. Was the issue at port
Looked very much like he did at port past two years. Huge concerns!

Extremely disappointed/ pissed off with this guys efforts today. Showed no endeavour or want to even try. Serious concerns for whether he really wants it. Was the issue at port

I would be pointing the finger at Breust way before Wingard. It took Gibson, Lake and Hale a while fit into the Hawks system. I’d wait a bit before seeing where Wingard is at with his footy.

Lol nobody kicked the ball to him all day, what did you want him to do? He had a crack, found a bit of the ball, laid a few tackles and had a hand in a few goals. Could've rolled home one or two himself but didn't get the luck of the bounce.

I think you might be letting your temper get away with you here.

I think he tried all day just couldn’t get near the footy. Doesn’t seem to have any explosiveness. Was happy to see him thrown into the middle late in the game. Think he needs to play there. He ain’t no Cyril Rioli that’s for sure.

Wingard hasn't played good footy up forward since 2015. Stick him in the middle full-time and you'll see how good he is. Whether he's fit enough for that yet I don't know.

While he didn't have much influence overall, thought he had a few 'almost' moments, but things just didn't quite bounce his way. Wouldn't worry too much about his intensity, has always been one of those players that looks like they are not trying because generally the game comes pretty easily to them. Sicily can be the same at times, even when he's play a good game can look like he's lacking intensity.

I thought he had a pretty good game today, lots of pressure acts mostly unrewarded. Building nicely and is still learning how the rest of the team plays.
His effort is on. It's not working for him yet. I think we should roll him thorugh the midfield to get him into teh game and to help give our younger mids a breather.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back