AFL Club
Melbourne
My favourite series of football cards as a kid... time for Series 2:
Cazaly Classics Promotion.png

All the mathematics... just to add some 'cred':
- 12 cards per packet
- 30 packets per box
- 1500 boxes in total

- 200 each of the 9 GOLD cards (1800 in total: 1 in 25 packets)
- 150 of the WILD card (1 in 300 packets)
- 100 autograph cards (10 of each GOLD/WILD card: 1 in 450 packets)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Past half-way (1-54 uploaded above). GOLD cards and WILD card are pretty much decided on... although it is very hard picking the 10 best (GOLD/WILD) whilst not favouring some of the modern screamers.

A couple of things I have noticed:
- Some absolute screamers from the 1980's have no photos taken of them (e.g. Capper vs. Fitzroy, Madden vs. Fitzroy). Photographers must have slept through that decade.
- It is also disappointing that photos of some of the best marks ever (e.g. Shaun Smith 1995/Brett Burton 2009) are poor quality, or don't do them justice :-(

Last edited:
Past half-way (1-54 uploaded above). GOLD cards and WILD card are pretty much decided on... although it is very hard picking the 10 best (GOLD/WILD) whilst not favouring some of the modern screamers.

A couple of things I have noticed:
- Some absolute screamers from the 1980's have no photos taken of them (e.g. Capper vs. Fitzroy, Madden vs. Fitzroy). Photographers must have slept through that decade.
- It is also disappointing that photos of some of the best marks ever (e.g. Shaun Smith 1995/Brett Burton 2009) are poor quality, or don't do them justice :-(

The only photographers in those days would’ve been from newspapers. Reckon some games would’ve involved them rocking up to take a couple of pics for the Monday paper, and that was about it.

This is so good, congrats mate! I love that Matthew Manfield card in that brilliant Fitzroy jumper, where did you find that pic?

Cheers mate. I wasn't even aware of that mark, but it was one of the easiest to find (AFL Photos website). I've used a range of resources for this though... trusty old Google, plus a few books and Football Records I have in my collection. Might finish the portfolio off today... back to work tomorrow :-/ Hahaha

All finished... all 100 base cards, 9 GOLD cards, and 1 WILD card. Might get around to doing a checklist card like the original set, and might make a template for the back. Feedback appreciated (e.g. if I have any details incorrect, doubled up on a card in the first set, or missed an absolute screamer and there is a good image available of it) :)

Ps. I know I have missed a couple of screamers (e.g. Brett Burton 2009), but I didn't like the available images

Absolutely love this set, these are awesome and the effort that went into finding the images (especially some of the older ones) is much appreciated, as it is awesome to see some of the marks for the same time.

Maybe this for an early 2019 entry? ;)
58379027_2522349187794875_8697870380028657664_n.jpg

Almost forgot... the 'extremely rare' signature cards (only 10 of each GOLD/WILD card signed). The cards themselves are matte coated (not gloss) and the photographs are less saturated in colour, in order to make the signatures stand out... one for the true collector ;)

Signed Card (Small).gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back