Opinion The I Was Wrong thread- Where Tom Atkins posts go to die

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely happy he has turned his form around - we are no chance without a ruck that at least provides a contest. Hopefully he can maintain it - got nothing against the bloke just find his form frustrating when its clear he has the physical attributes (Murdoch another).

Perhaps the old adage of the big blokes take longer is true, and he needed time.
He looks a completely different player, even when he does fumble or a ball kicked to him misses he mops up well and doesn’t turn it over like he used to. He’s assured with ball in hand and makes good decisions.
I don’t think we’ve ever been able to say that about Stanley...

*bump*

As I said in the match review thread, I need to put my hand up re Miers. I saw him at VFL level and thought he just didn’t do enough when he wasn’t close to goals in a scoring position.

Very happy to say I was wrong and in fact what he is capable of creatively bringing others into the game is magnificent. Extremely pleased with his start to the year.

I’m sure some other posts re O’Connor and Rohan will follow shortly... :D

Oh yeah Kolo too. But I wasn't wrong that he needed to be more than the 4th or 5th tall to get better.
Thought Taylor was cooked too but is looking allright.

Good thread bump, I was wrong about Gary Rohan. I genuinely disliked him bobbing up out of nowhere to score goals against us then do nothing against everyone else.

Then we recruited him. My fury was only partially mitigated by him only costing us pick 61 or so.

I'm pretty wrong. Genuinely happy for him and love his attack and energy in our forward line. Plus the occasional chaos.

I was wrong about Hawfie supporters being ok in small doses

not even...
The ones around us today were fine as op supporters go. By no means the worst in my view.

In fact if it wasn't for Kennett and them pinching two of our execs I'd have little to complain about. There I've said it.

The ones around us today were fine as op supporters go. By no means the worst in my view.

In fact if it wasn't for Kennett and them pinching two of our execs I'd have little to complain about. There I've said it.
Well you are in the right place to admit being wrong...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was wrong about MOC. I too thought Harry was cooked. I’ve also been known to bag Kolo. And I may have referred to Stanley as a popular starchy vegetable used for making chips. Having said that I didn’t thing Andrew Mackie or josh hunt would be any good so I’m no great judge

*bump*

As I said in the match review thread, I need to put my hand up re Miers. I saw him at VFL level and thought he just didn’t do enough when he wasn’t close to goals in a scoring position.

Very happy to say I was wrong and in fact what he is capable of creatively bringing others into the game is magnificent. Extremely pleased with his start to the year.

Miers height and lack of midfield ability were always going to raise ? marks but he is so classy around goals and forward pressure matters so much thesedays and he brings it.

Rohan has a history of going missing so time will tell but he is so far proving to be much more than the bit part contributor he was at Sydney.

*bump*

I was wrong about Miers and I didn't even have that particular doubt. I liked his link-up work around the ground, just thought his kicking penetration would always hold him back.

Guess it doesn't.

Before this year I didn't understand what the point of Mark O'Connor was. Yes he's fast for a guy his size and not a bad kick considering he hadn't grown up playing Aussie Rules. But what position is he playing, and what function is he supposed to be performing in the team?

Now I get it.

Got my hand half-up for Gary Rohan; I wasn't too happy to hear that we'd picked him up (didn't care what the cost was; its a list spot) but he's been great so far, and exciting to watch.

He can play, no doubt. Long season though, and as a senior player he needs to perform near or at his current level most weeks.

I won't go 'I was wrong' just yet, but very much hoping he can continue to contribute in a positive manner - and will be more than happy to issue a full public apology by year's end ;)

Also: quickest Geelong player since David Wojcinski? Vdubs?

Got my hand half-up for Gary Rohan; I wasn't too happy to hear that we'd picked him up (didn't care what the cost was; its a list spot) but he's been great so far, and exciting to watch.

He can play, no doubt. Long season though, and as a senior player he needs to perform near or at his current level most weeks.

I won't go 'I was wrong' just yet, but very much hoping he can continue to contribute in a positive manner - and will be more than happy to issue a full public apology by year's end ;)

Also: quickest Geelong player since David Wojcinski? Vdubs?
Wojo
Turner
Goggin
Polinelli
Rohan

now there's some names

Last edited:
Haha that's for sure.
I've got Mackie and Jarred Rooke + probably heaps more.
Bloody hell I thought they were terrible when they started.
This was about pure speed. I don't recall Mackie and Max being overly quick?

This was about pure speed. I don't recall Mackie and Max being overly quick?
No not at all. I just thought they were crap!
Thought Mackie could kick, but the most hopeless forward I'd ever seen, thought Jarred as he was known then was just a plodder with endurance.
Thought Clark was going to be a gun as soon as fixed his kicking Haha.

No not at all. I just thought they were crap!
Thought Mackie could kick, but the most hopeless forward I'd ever seen, thought Jarred as he was known then was just a plodder with endurance.
Thought Clark was going to be a gun as soon as fixed his kicking Haha.
Anyway, I was just replying to the question about Rohan being our quickest since Wojo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back