2019 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

What crap... Did you not read the bit about the 1v1 targets. Surely that is why we have recruited guys like Lobb and Hogan who are decent 1v1 targets...

Well I thought Wilkie played pretty well ...... so what exactly are you trying to say

Matera kicked 2 out of his arse and saved the day while our forward line looked generally abysmal and Hogan and Lobb didn't do anything up forward

But you are obviously spot on with your spot on assessment of everything

And it was just a pisstake anyway I'd better leave the analysis to you in the future

Sorry about that

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's good to see them training at night before a night match.

I'm sure that it can only be a good thing to train in roughly the conditions of the match.

Always thought this was a problem with our training schedule. Only training in the morning.

Blakeley and Logue look ready!
Hughes looks like he's been reading BigFooty.

CrVC28l.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where's one of Tabs? Get of photo of him kicking and show him he needs to change his ball drop to correct those easy misses.

Also show him which side of the ball he needs to kick to get it to screw the right way. The opposite side to the way you want it to go Matthew!:D

Strangle there doesn't seem to be much publicity about this. Is it on today? https://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news...-calendar-for-the-freo-dockers-footy-festival

1555979580294.png
Training kicks off just after 10am but make sure you get there early!
Following the session, there will be the chance to get signatures from some of your favourite players.
To make the most of the school holidays, Freo is going all out with face painting, bubble blowing, stilt walkers, inflatable obstacle course and much more!
It will be a great day out for the whole family to enjoy and best of all, it’s free!
Victor George Kailis Oval is located at Cockburn ARC, 31 Veterans Parade, Cockburn Central. The action kicks off at 10am and will run through the morning.

Was a warm one down at training today, but the boys seemed in great spirits, didn't seem to be too serious out there and I think the main takeaway at the end of it is that Hogan is absolutely loved by everyone, every fan there was scrambling for a photo and an autograph and he looked like he was having a great time. Had a few chats with a couple of the lads and it seems that Logue is definitely back this week for Peel, which he's stoked about, and Blakely is also definitely back but he was more coy about whether he'd be playing for Peel or not, so definitely watch that space. Few points I noted while not being overly serious about watching the training was Andy was having serious chats with Ross about something away from the main group, not sure what that would've been about but they seemed to be having a pretty in depth talk about something. Connor's clearance work in a few drills was top class, getting the ball inside and breaking away to deliver some really well weighted passes, which has been a downside of his game in past. Logue was also in that same drill, and was swinging long 20 meter handballs out wide to runners like Duman, who'd then deliver inside 50. We seemed to be keeping the eyes down and hitting Hogan on the lead from 30-40 out, but hitting the top of the square for people like Lobb and Jones. Not sure if that's been a directive but that seemed to be the trend of the day.
Something else people are probably happy to hear is Tabs spent most of the day taking pot shots at goal (wasn't massively successful though I might add).
Unfortunately the rehab group were a fair distance from where I was so I couldn't really make out what they were doing, and Harley and Kersten were both on the far side of the oval doing light run throughs and looking pretty worse for wear from what I could see.
Overall though it was a great day, me and my Mum got down to have a squizz and the mood was really upbeat, and some of those lads will have sore wrists for weeks from the amount of autographs they were dishing out, but always doing it with a smile and laugh with the kids which was great.

Was a warm one down at training today, but the boys seemed in great spirits, didn't seem to be too serious out there and I think the main takeaway at the end of it is that Hogan is absolutely loved by everyone, every fan there was scrambling for a photo and an autograph and he looked like he was having a great time. Had a few chats with a couple of the lads and it seems that Logue is definitely back this week for Peel, which he's stoked about, and Blakely is also definitely back but he was more coy about whether he'd be playing for Peel or not, so definitely watch that space. Few points I noted while not being overly serious about watching the training was Andy was having serious chats with Ross about something away from the main group, not sure what that would've been about but they seemed to be having a pretty in depth talk about something. Connor's clearance work in a few drills was top class, getting the ball inside and breaking away to deliver some really well weighted passes, which has been a downside of his game in past. Logue was also in that same drill, and was swinging long 20 meter handballs out wide to runners like Duman, who'd then deliver inside 50. We seemed to be keeping the eyes down and hitting Hogan on the lead from 30-40 out, but hitting the top of the square for people like Lobb and Jones. Not sure if that's been a directive but that seemed to be the trend of the day.
Something else people are probably happy to hear is Tabs spent most of the day taking pot shots at goal (wasn't massively successful though I might add).
Unfortunately the rehab group were a fair distance from where I was so I couldn't really make out what they were doing, and Harley and Kersten were both on the far side of the oval doing light run throughs and looking pretty worse for wear from what I could see.
Overall though it was a great day, me and my Mum got down to have a squizz and the mood was really upbeat, and some of those lads will have sore wrists for weeks from the amount of autographs they were dishing out, but always doing it with a smile and laugh with the kids which was great.
Thanks for the update, did have a little laugh at Tabs, I honestly dont see it changing, its an almost completely mental thing. I reckon it will be almost pot luck if he turns his goal kicking around

Remove this Banner Ad

Back