EPL Matchday 35

Remove this Banner Ad

As an aside, do you think people are consistent in their outrage to players diving/going down easily etc?
It’s not easy to be totally impartial, we are all guilty of it to some degree. The consensus would be that Liverpool fans are probably the worst on here though for impartiality. Won’t name names, but we all know who they are

We are ****** and 6th place will be ours, but that's probably going to happen even without the ban with Hazard leaving and Sarri having another season of trying to fit square pegs in round holes.

Hoping sanity prevails and we use the season to recall and integrate our youf coming through. Thats something i would look forward too.
Pretty obvious Sarri will be sacked at the end of the season. Who you looking at to come in? Names are a bit thin on the ground at the moment

As an aside, do you think people are consistent in their outrage to players diving/going down easily etc?

Harry Kane is one of the worst for going down easily. No surprise that certain Spurs posters have no problem with it while going into a collective meltdown over Salah getting awarded a blatant pen.

s**t performance, s**t season. CHO going down just caps it all off. 6 to 9 months apparently. We’ve had a good run with injuries but this one really hurts.

Same with Salah who is quite hated despite being a ripping bloke.
Is he really though? He cheats, whinges, comes across as a bit selfish on field, endorses brutal dictators and has a history some pretty questionable decisions that border on outright antisemitism.

Great footballer, but ripping bloke is very questionable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s not easy to be totally impartial, we are all guilty of it to some degree. The consensus would be that Liverpool fans are probably the worst on here though for impartiality. Won’t name names, but we all know who they are
I think I am pretty impartial.

I'll call a spade a spade.

I don't recall many Arsenal players diving (of late. Pires used to go down easily here and there. Game has changed significantly since then though.) Salah goes down very easily, Sterling has at times (and I am a huge fan of his).

I really like the way Liverpool play, and a lot of their players (Alisson, VVD, Robertson, Wijnaldum, Mane, Salah, Firmino), but if they appeared to be dirty/cheated, I'd call them out for it. Just like I would for an Arsenal player.

Wilshere was a gobshite, Ozil is soft etc etc.

Is he really though? He cheats, whinges, comes across as a bit selfish on field, endorses brutal dictators and has a history some pretty questionable decisions that border on outright antisemitism.

Doctor Gero says he is an anti-semite. I am not familiar of the background regarding this though.

Arsenal, United or Chelsea.

Who the hell is going to get that fourth spot? I wouldn't put money on any of them at the moment.

Doctor Gero says he is an anti-semite. I am not familiar of the background regarding this though.
I think outright calling him an anti-semite is problematic just because of the complexity and contention around what that actually is, as well as the context of the history between Egypt and Israel. That's why I said it borders on it. Some people would say that he's anti-semitic for refusing to shake Israeli players' hands and apparently threatening to leave his club if they signed an Israeli player (which was never confirmed btw), others would say that he has every right to protest against Israel.

He doesnt cheat, whinge and he isnt selfish on the field. So you made all that up.

No idea what the rest of the stuff you are talking. But feel free to enlighten me.

I mean he recently came out talking about how women rights in his culture are all wrong and needs to be better.

I mean he recently came out talking about how women rights in his culture are all wrong and needs to be better.

They are forced to do that horrible scouse brow thing, but I don't think they have it all that bad compared to other women in the UK.

You cleared up the antisemitism which is a huge grey area where some will think its wrong and some will think it's justified. He's put under a lot of pressure with pretty much being the poster boy muslim and everything that comes with the tensions in Egypt and his religion. He's subject to racism too. But he gets on with it.

He doesnt cheat, whinge and he isnt selfish on the field. So you made all that up.

No idea what the rest of the stuff you are talking. But feel free to enlighten me.

That video on the other page says otherwise re cheating, and he regularly whinges to the refs. I mean, he's hardly alone in that regard, but come on, he clearly does. The selfish thing is more a perception admittedly that I've got from him and I've seen other people talk about on the socials. Take the penalty thing with Milner in the Cardiff game for example.

As for the dictator thing, I don't really want to go over old ground because it was covered to death in the World Cup, but, at absolute best it was a taciut endorsement and a terrible look to be photographed with Kadyrov.

You cleared up the antisemitism which is a huge grey area where some will think its wrong and some will think it's justified. He's put under a lot of pressure with pretty much being the poster boy muslim and everything that comes with the tensions in Egypt and his religion. He's subject to racism too. But he gets on with it.
Agreed, it's complicated. And there would be a lot of pressure on him as one of the biggest poster boys of the Muslim world. I accept that. That doesn't necessarily excuse him, as I think you acknowledge in this post, but it is a grey area, absolutely.

The selfish thing is more a perception admittedly that I've got from him and I've seen other people talk about on the socials. Take the penalty thing with Milner in the Cardiff game for example.
The funny thing about this is some people are calling Milner selfish for taking the pen despite the fact that's part of his role when he's on the pitch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back