MRP / Trib. MRP 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Gleeson on a hiding to nothing defending the MRO's terrible grading.

Using a precedent from last season, when there are plenty from this season that show the opposite.

Arguing that a hit to the head = medium. There's a whole part of the grading relating to where you moron!

Amateur hour stuff really.

Also, I've always liked Whitfield, now even more so!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There must have been something in the medical report, otherwise I can't see that as medium impact. I hear it was low impact if the player does not leave the field

Impact isn't confined to medical impact. They also take into account how bad it "looks". Ridiculous but there it is.

We should treat all players exactly the same. Duman or Fyfe it doesn't matter. If we think the decision is wrong, we should challenge it.

It's more about what you have to lose by challenging. In this case he was not offered any discount for an early guilty plea, and it's never going to be upgraded, so we lose absolutely nothing by challenging. The reason for not challenging usually is that simply the act of challenging often turns a 1 week suspension into 2 weeks.

Impact isn't confined to medical impact. They also take into account how bad it "looks". Ridiculous but there it is.
How bad did the strike by Dusty on DeBoer look, or Dangerfield on DeBoer? Both incapacitated DeBoer and both looked bad!

One of the worst look was Cunningham on Wilson. It took him out of play for many minutes, but he didn't leave the field (note to self in future ...). That was a full roundhouse swing like Gaff's (which "missed") and what they said they'd stamp out this year.

They had their chance to penalise that strike but didn't and now its a rabble!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back