Injury Injury List

Remove this Banner Ad

Steven May may have turned up out of shape but there is absolutely no doubt they rushed him to be ready for the pre season game. Could easily have given a few more weeks to get ready.

The Joel Smith injury is insane, blokes fighting for a career for * sake.

Steven May may have turned up out of shape but there is absolutely no doubt they rushed him to be ready for the pre season game. Could easily have given a few more weeks to get ready.

The Joel Smith injury is insane, blokes fighting for a career for **** sake.

The Joel Smith one is the worst of the lot, I mean I said a few times I don't rate him but he looked alright in preseason then gets ****ed over by us playing him injured. People say 'oh but we kept him out there to preserve rotations' it was a preseason game FFS! JUST TELL EVERYONE TO TAKE IT EASY ITS AN IRRELEVANT GAME

The Joel Smith one is the worst of the lot, I mean I said a few times I don't rate him but he looked alright in preseason then gets ****** over by us playing him injured. People say 'oh but we kept him out there to preserve rotations' it was a preseason game FFS! JUST TELL EVERYONE TO TAKE IT EASY ITS AN IRRELEVANT GAME
And that's not even the biggest blunder they've made when it comes to selecting Joel Smith.

Lol card me for pointing out the obvious?

Idiocy aside, another week another lack of progress (excluding the already clearly hampered Jetta's injury being made official).

On mobile and will update the table when at a keyboard but AVB and Smith haven't progressed. Still at least a month away as it's been for over a month now.

JKH is 8 weeks like he was last week.

Hannan has gone from 6-8 to the dreaded 4-6. Good luck, Mitch, I guess that's improvement, but is it?

As for Lever, see Hannan.

The best one though is May. Has been at least 2 weeks since the Geelong game and is now TBC. Has a touch of the Joel Smiths about it to me.

But I'm obviously a conspiracy theorist and injuries happen. We're just a really, really, really, really unlucky club. Nothing to do with being terrible at this stuff. Just super unlucky all the time.

"he was 100% ready to go"

Jetta up to 12 weeks and May another month according to old mate Misson on the MFC site

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I doubt we'll see either of them again this year.

May will have had the better part of a couple of months out by then. Season will be shot. No point in bringing him in at all.

Knowing us though, he'll come in clearly still hampered and make it worse. Then have surgery next February just in time for the new season..

Not at all, the Joel Smith injury itself is almost enough to see someone sued for pure negligence. But I know that players play through injuries every week, at every club, we aren't special. I also know, through a hell of a lot of experience, that injury recovery is a long way from an exact science, and things often don't go to plan.
As do I. But that excuse is running a tad thin, don't you think? Players definitely play through injury, for sure, no doubting that. But mate looking at how some of these players have been moving in comparison to how they usually do, it's just plain to see that it goes past the usual niggles you play with. I mean everyone is commenting on how underdone we've looked. You haven't noticed any of that?

As I've said, I agree with you that it's not an exact science, but we're stretching the friendship with that one with so many players simply not progressing (and the list being in the state it was after 5 months of no footy).

Like none of what I'm saying is all that outlandish. It's just looking at it with a tiny bit of a critical eye.

The biggest issue is clearly players who get injured then the injury seems to be worse than what the club initially says. This is a s**t look either way because we either suck at rehab programs for players or we straight up lie to the members all the time.

The biggest issue is clearly players who get injured then the injury seems to be worse than what the club initially says. This is a s**t look either way because we either suck at rehab programs for players or we straight up lie to the members all the time.
Yep. Exactly what I've been saying. Either way it's amateur.

We had a great run with injuries last year. A couple of big names went down (Viney, Hogan and Lever) but for much of the season we had one of the smallest injury lists in the comp.

Unfortunately it is truly bad this year - shouldn't be this long at this point of the season. Oh well.

We had a great run with injuries last year. A couple of big names went down (Viney, Hogan and Lever) but for much of the season we had one of the smallest injury lists in the comp.

Unfortunately it is truly bad this year - shouldn't be this long at this point of the season. Oh well.
Viney and TMac missed the first 8 rounds (from memory?) despite reassurances all preseason right up until a few days before the first game that they were both '100% ready to play'. Viney then battled through injury for the rest of the season and seemingly all off-season and still is pretty far off 100% IMO. Then add in an ACL to the recruit we paid a HUGE sum for who is still months off around a year later. TMac is still lumbering around as well.

I dunno, the number of injuries we had last year might have been low but they have, been really costly, long term ones either through terrible management, bad luck or both.

He got suspended not injured in that pre season game though

I doubt we'll see either of them again this year.

May will have had the better part of a couple of months out by then. Season will be shot. No point in bringing him in at all.

Knowing us though, he'll come in clearly still hampered and make it worse. Then have surgery next February just in time for the new season..

I can see it being a race to the finish line to see who out of our pricey new recruits will be ruled out for the year first: May or Lever? Sure Lever is only 4-6 weeks, but we all know what that means...
Hope the surgeons are clearing their schedules in July and August, because we ought to book in half our team. We'll finish bottom six, then get a cruisy draw for 2020 a la Richmond in 2017 and Collingwood in 2018 (the key is to finish 13th). Have every player ready to go for day 1 of pre-season.
Geez I'm already excited for the off-season! Can't wait to see which opposition player we'll overvalue this time in trade week, or which current key player we'll trade for peanuts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goodwin is normally pretty open and honest with injuries, he was last year. So it’s interesting to see whether it’s Misson being incompetent with diagnosing/managing injuries or trying to bluff the afl world.

Its time to send everyone who needs surgery or time to recover properly off to get ready for a massive pre season and * Misson off now and get in his replacement if we have 1 lined up not at a club. play the players who havent played. i wanna see if Baker and Petty are gonna make it Kielty or any of the other players we have before we delist them. Not saving this season but can make sure we are cherry ripe for Missons replacement

I believe so.
Thats concerning.
A guy who has had regular concussions now out for 3+ weeks.
I thought it had been identified that a lot of his issues stemmed from neck problems.

Wishing him the best. Birchall clone when in full flight earlier in his career.

If Viney doesnt go in for surgery and tries to play through his ac ill ******* lose it and be on a flight to melbourne to kick the * outta Misson

If Viney doesnt go in for surgery and tries to play through his ac ill ******* lose it and be on a flight to melbourne to kick the **** outta Misson
Can you keep raging like this all season, it's hilarious :thumbsu:

Lol so after leaving footy-related news alone for a couple days, I fire up the AFL app to check the fixture and the first story I see is about us trying to decide whether we should let Viney play through a shoulder injury or send him for scans.

It's legitimately satire at this point.

I can see it being a race to the finish line to see who out of our pricey new recruits will be ruled out for the year first: May or Lever? Sure Lever is only 4-6 weeks, but we all know what that means...
Hope the surgeons are clearing their schedules in July and August, because we ought to book in half our team. We'll finish bottom six, then get a cruisy draw for 2020 a la Richmond in 2017 and Collingwood in 2018 (the key is to finish 13th). Have every player ready to go for day 1 of pre-season.
Geez I'm already excited for the off-season! Can't wait to see which opposition player we'll overvalue this time in trade week, or which current key player we'll trade for peanuts.
It'll definitely either be an injury prone defender or a slow inside mid who can't kick that we trade in for 2 first round picks.

Ps. I think Viney is a legit contender as well. He has been since mid last year

That’s actually a good point. Why should we play Lever (and maybe May)? Our season is done. Give guys like Petty and Keilty their chance, if anyone needs surgery then off they go. work on the game plan and ideas to actually make 2020 worth it.

Probably looks like tanking but #whateverittakes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back