Current Royal Commission into Lawyer X gangland convictions on tainted evidence & police corruption

Why shoud he be denied basic rights of communication?

I have no opinion on it either way but it's technically not him who operates the twitter account in his name, if they wanted him thrown off all they have to do faik is report the account as an impersonation.

Prison authorities have right by law to screen all communications? I'm not across the law on that but it has to be there. Journalists aren't given access visits to most either, so that might be an angle.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Prison authorities have right by law to screen all communications? I'm not across the law on that but it has to be there. Journalists aren't given access visits to most either, so that might be an angle.

They do, but there are international rights of prisoner issues here.

Minogue is being censored because he can expose and embarrass state officials.

Should those prisoner rights include unrestricted public tweeting? By proxy ... I've hit a snag there.

Minogue is being censored because he can expose and embarrass state officials.

They're all censored to one degree or another and he had his shot at it, got his tweets out. If he's really determined, they won't be able to stop anybody he engages with from delivering his message anyway.

Knowing little of the details, has he launched legal action to operate his own twitter account freely on his own device or for the right to direct the management of a twitter account in his name?

Could get interesting. How annoying he is.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Should those prisoner rights include unrestricted public tweeting? By proxy ... I've hit a snag there.

Who is allowed to make "unrestricted" public tweeting?

They're all censored to one degree or another and he had his shot at it...

Actually, it could be illegal without proper cause.

Knowing little of the details, has he launched legal action to operate his own twitter account freely on his own device or for the right to direct the management of a twitter account in his name?

I believe that to be the case.

Could get interesting. How annoying he is.

Actually, he serves society a very good service by determining the line where liberty ends and the state begins.

Who is allowed to make "unrestricted" public tweeting?

Isn't that what the issue is? That Minogue directed another on his behalf to post uncensored, controversial public tweets?

Actually, he serves society a very good service by determining the line where liberty ends and the state begins.

None of us are really free of it.

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Why shoud he be denied basic rights of communication?

Awww jeez... He's also being denied his basic right to walk around freely. Except he's in jail. I take it you didn't realise that. You probably also want phones in cells and maybe a webcam, you know, for their basic human rights of communication. Given communication isn't by word alone, you probably want them given accommodation to have some rumpy bumpy with their loved ones and maybe a golf course membership for networking...

a golf course membership for networking...

Lost me at golf ... terrible game it's almost as bad as cricket. It's not even a sport.

And I have THREE sets of golf clubs would you believe, for some reason they just keep stacking up in the garage. I didn't buy them, I hate golf.

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Lost me at golf ... terrible game it's almost as bad as cricket. It's not even a sport.

And I have THREE sets of golf clubs would you believe, for some reason they just keep stacking up in the garage. I didn't buy them, I hate golf.
You missed the bit about networking, ie, communication.

You missed the bit about networking, ie, communication.

Sorry, triggered at 'golf'.

One set is even titanium worth a small fortune apparently, oooh lah lah who cares. Why do they keep buying me golf clubs? The only excitement I had was teeing off in the backyard with my son ... and a ball went straight through a neighbours window.

I paid for that.

Should be said so there is no misunderstanding, imo prisoners should have free access by visit or correspondence to any person, journalist provided no criminal history. I was shocked when told that some at Barwon were so heavily monitored they were not able to get their word out and more so on realising that held across Australia. Not right, or fair. Our record for wrongful convictions is disgusting and I don't like to think these people are simply locked away with no voice to fight against.

We are not North Korea. Yet.

GOLF sprockets?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Awww jeez... He's also being denied his basic right to walk around freely. Except he's in jail. I take it you didn't realise that. You probably also want phones in cells and maybe a webcam, you know, for their basic human rights of communication. Given communication isn't by word alone, you probably want them given accommodation to have some rumpy bumpy with their loved ones and maybe a golf course membership for networking...

Is there something medically wrong with you?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
They have been corrupt since the days of Ned Kelly. The system around them allows it to happen.

I just don't talk to them. Period. It wouldn't make a difference to me if one of my relations or friends were murdered.

Nobody should talk to the police and repeat other people's business or their interpretation of as a matter of manners basically. Melbourne does this better than most other states. Having lived in other states, I have a theory about why this works particularly well in Victoria.

Nor should anybody speak freely around them as if there might be no consequence ... same goes of any company, uniformed or not.

Soon as they put that uniform on Snake and most of them do for the right reasons, idealistically to serve, they're fked. They get spit on first parade, usually Moomba and that sad realisation that nobody likes them. Scraping slagg off the back of their shirts.

Try, for social good my friend next time you see a young cop on the street say 'Hello how goes? I'm okay right now, how about you?"

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Nobody should talk to the police and repeat other people's business or their interpretation of as a matter of manners basically. Melbourne does this better than most other states. Having lived in other states, I have a theory about why this works particularly well in Victoria.

Nor should anybody speak freely around them as if there might be no consequence ... same goes of any company, uniformed or not.

Soon as they put that uniform on Snake and most of them do for the right reasons, idealistically to serve, they're fked. They get spit on first parade, usually Moomba and that sad realisation that nobody likes them. Scraping slagg off the back of their shirts.

IMO, much of this arises for two reasons.

1) They are not representing laws that are reflective of the will of the people, due to a political system that is detached from the populace.
2) There is no genuine oversight mechanism to keep corruption in check, nor is there any intention to create one.

Try, for social good my friend next time you see a young cop on the street say 'Hello how goes? I'm okay right now, how about you?"

Yeah, that's not happening.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
WTF is wrong you're so dogged you can't try something new? Its kind of anal.

1) I try plenty of new things all the time.
2) There's nothing "anal" about it. I don't converse with crocodiles either.

Trying to get my head around the rest ... just wait I do have something half intelligent to say

A few hours sleep might help.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
IMO, much of this arises for two reasons.

1) They are not representing laws that are reflective of the will of the people, due to a political system that is detached from the populace.
I'm not sure this is correct. I think you are wanting the tail to wag the dog. You correctly point out the political system is detached from the populace but I dont think our laws reflect this. I think you are confusing sentencing - Judiciary- with what people want

I think people are happy with the current laws in place - its the sentencing most have concerns with.

2) There is no genuine oversight mechanism to keep corruption in check, nor is there any intention to create one.
I will agree with this.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I'm not sure this is correct. I think you are wanting the tail to wag the dog. You correctly point out the political system is detached from the populace but I dont think our laws reflect this.

They are the front line face of the enforcement arm of the state.

I think you are confusing sentencing - Judiciary- with what people want..

No, i'm not.

Back