VFL 2019 VFL R3 vs Nth. Blues (Sat 20th Apr, 2.00pm @VICTORIA PARK!!!)

Remove this Banner Ad

May 12, 2014
FNQ
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers
It's interesting what the club will do with our midfield and players like Broomhead. I would imagine that middle-aged (middle - tier) players will be expected to take on more responsibility in the next year or two. We have a number of aging midfielders and players. The funny thing is only Pendles and arguably Varcoe are best 22. Wells if fit obviously...

Wells 34
Pendles 31
Varcoe 31
Dunn 31
Goldsack 31
Greenwood 30
Mayne 30

May 7, 2011
Wangaratta
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Celtics, Tottenham, Oakland Raiders
Good to hear that Reid is moving better now.
He may become important at some point.

Also glad to hear that Lynch seems to be coming into his own. Having some quality depth there would allow us to keep Roughead back and Cox mostly forward if Grundy needed a rest at some point.

How are the youngest blokes (Quaynor and Bosenavulagi) looking against adults, anyone?

Mar 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's interesting what the club will do with our midfield and players like Broomhead. I would imagine that middle-aged (middle - tier) players will be expected to take on more responsibility in the next year or two. We have a number of aging midfielders and players. The funny thing is only Pendles and arguably Varcoe are best 22. Wells if fit obviously...

Wells 34
Pendles 31
Varcoe 31
Dunn 31
Goldsack 31
Greenwood 30
Mayne 30

I'd expect Dunn Goldsack and Greenwood and probably Wells to depart at the end of the year. Reid as well. That's 5 out -- and then there's usually a trade or two as well, which might come from the other fringe medium/smalls:

Wills
Broomhead
others?

Since they're both about 25, there's a good chance they'll be on the move -- unless they miraculously break into the team this year (Broomhead more likely than Wills I'd suggest).

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory

Wells 34
Pendles 31
Varcoe 31
Dunn 31
Goldsack 31
Greenwood 30
Mayne 30

I wonder if this may play into who we target (if we target anyone) in the midseason draft?

Not to be outdone by the AFL cellar dwellers Coburg have smashed Frankston. Telecast said it was just their fourth win in the last 49 games.

Coburg 20.18 138
Frankston 9.9 63

Not to be outdone by the AFL cellar dwellers Coburg have smashed Frankston. Telecast said it was just their fourth win in the last 49 games.

Coburg 20.18 138
Frankston 9.9 63

Frankston are a Joke

I wonder if this may play into who we target (if we target anyone) in the midseason draft?

My take on the midseason draft is that it serves a minor purpose for clubs in three different positions.

a) For clubs at the bottom, it may sometimes be the equivalent of a bonus second round pick, as the best overagers sometimes go in that range.
b) For most clubs, it's an extra crack at a rookie draft, where they are likely to take the same sort of selections that they would in the rookie draft
c) The role that everyone is talking about, but is going to very rarely have an effect. It gives a club who has been decimated by injury, the chance to field players in an area of the ground that they've been hit hard (but in reality, how often are you going to get a bloke outside the system be able to come straight in without a preseason and provide an immediate contribution)

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
#birkenstockgate
Also known as an ankle injury.

Just to add to #birkenstockgate he wasn’t limping when I saw him.

Boogy

Team Captain
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Varcoe plays back.

Then you can bring another player to play forward/ midfield.
Goldy can replace Aish in a heartbeat. Straight line attack on ball, big body, gains meters, Takes 3rd/4th best fwd and team flexabilty. Big game =
No brainer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goldy can replace Aish in a heartbeat. Straight line attack on ball, big body, gains meters, Takes 3rd/4th best fwd and team flexabilty. Big game =
No brainer.
He had a bit of a scare on the weekend.
He was chasing and when he changed direction he slipped and clearly felt something in his knee.
I watched him for a while after that and he was tentative.
Then he did a big sprint chase which seemed to ease his mind.

May 12, 2014
FNQ
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers
Yes, playing Goldsack forward is a strange decision from the outside. Especially if it relegates Goldsack to the VFL. Couldn't imagine the player is impressed. The club chose to develop the Roughead/Moore combo instead of playing Goldsack.

Yes, playing Goldsack forward is a strange decision from the outside. Especially if it relegates Goldsack to the VFL. Couldn't imagine the player is impressed. The club chose to develop the Roughead/Moore combo instead of playing Goldsack.

Goldsack is not really a KPP. More of a 3rd Tall Type

Daicos Daze

Team Captain
Jun 22, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
The electronic scoreboard was installed in 2011 or thereabouts. It initially worked in fits and starts, and then eventually carked it completely.

I'm pretty sure its the Council's responsibility to replace it, and not the club's. But I agree, its embarassing, and for VFL games I'd say the score keeping facilities at Vic Park are the worst of all the grounds.

This is not to criticise the good work of Swooper18 who (in the past few seasons - still doing it?) volunteers to operate the small manual scoreboard on the south boundary.
Thanks Vicky

Will ask council and see what action they take

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
CFC2010 what did you think of Broomhead's game?

3 goals 1 from limited opportunity in that type of game was great.

One thing he does well (always has) is read the play.

I hope he plays every game in the VFL this year and gets another year contract.

Awesome back up if called upon.

3 goals 1 from limited opportunity in that type of game was great.

One thing he does well (always has) is read the play.

I hope he plays every game in the VFL this year and gets another year contract.

Awesome back up if called upon.
Yep, I have seen him twice so far and hope to get to the game on Saturday.

He certainly has footy smarts and he seem to throw himself so he must be feeling confident in his leg.

Coach has thrown him around too, wing, mid and forward.

He certainly needs some luck to get a game this year but I too would keep him on the list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back