Prediction Changes vs Bombers ~ Round 6 2019 (ANZAC Day)

Remove this Banner Ad

Neither of us have beaten a team in the current top 8? Unsure about a walk in the park....

I’d say we both go into this game more evenly matched then some think though I think Collingwood are rightful favourites.
Hahaha I love how little thought has gone into this post.

Maybe we should have put the cue in the rack, and beaten everyone by less than a goal. Then they’d all have better percentage and could remain in the top 8, and we could have faced legitimate opponents! Simples!

Looking forward to what I hope is a great game. Collingwood are becoming the benchmark of the comp so it'll be good to see how we stack up.

Enjoy the day folks.

Lest we forget.
I hope it’s a great game too. As for benchmark, there’s still a team called the Eagles.

Haha, can't even begin to explain how stupid this statement is 5 rounds in.

Its stupid of me to think that because Collingwood has only beaten Richmond, Brisbane & Footscray that ANZAC day is a walk in the park?

geez

apologies for the offence then......i will leave the nest in peace

Its stupid of me to think that because Collingwood has only beaten Richmond, Brisbane & Footscray that ANZAC day is a walk in the park?

geez

No, it's stupid to use the top 8 as any sort of measuring stick 5 rounds in.

geez

Just for a little comparison, we have lost to:
Geelong - Clearly the in-form team of the comp at the moment by a few goals
West Coast - Reigning Premiers and clearly one of the best teams in the comp by a few goals

We have beaten:
Brisbane - A team many picked to be pushing into the 8 this year, by 10 goals away
Bulldogs - A team who actually has a very good record against us, dug out a tough win
Richmond - A team many predicted for the premiership, by 44 points

Essendon have lost to:
GSW - A quality team, but lost by over 70
St Kilda - A team who would be stoked at playing finals this year

Essendon have beaten:
Brisbane - Similar situation, but did it at home and by less
North - Bottom 4 team, dominated as expected
Melbourne - Looking like another bottom 4 team

If you want your delusions enabled stay on your own board. Don't come here and have a cry because your opinions aren't supported.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was there for '70 and '79 the pain of losing both due to sheer misfortune has left a permanent scar. Also there for '02 and '03 when we got shafted royally by the AFL which was both infuriating as devastating.
I feel for you. I have only seen four losses and two wins in my lifetime so far.

IN: Greenwood
OUT: Aish

Greenwood is a good runner and could come in handy should we need to clamp down on someone like Merrett, Smith, Shiel or Heppell.

I would start DeGoey in the middle. Will be hot early, it would be good to have good clearance players in the guts early. Plus I reckon he would rise for the occasion.

How I would like to see us line up:

B - Langdon Roughead Howe
HB - Crisp Moore Maynard
C - Pendlebury DeGoey Sidebottom
HF - Varcoe Mihochek Beams
F - Elliott Cox Stephenson
R - Grundy Adams Treloar
INT - Thomas Phillips Greenwood Brown

Varcoe/Stephenson get Saad in our forward half.

Howe to Stringer.
Langdon to Fantasia.
Maynard/Crisp to Tippa.
A+ post agree with everything. Especially with Greenwood and that flexibility of having him to shut down on of there mids.

Whoever thinks this will be an easy game are kidding themselves. Danger game. A bombers side on fire can easily win this. We are going to have to be at our best to win.
100% agree.

Huge game for us. The bombers firing are as good as anyone and if we don't go into the game with a certain level of intent we can easily get done.

We are the better team but that doesn't mean much this year. In saying that though I think we can really separate ourselves from the pack with a good win.

Pies will destroy Essendon. It won't even be close. We are about to find out how good our team will be this year.

Add to that the Bomber depth which is very questionable when they are still playing the likes of Ambrose and Baguley. Daniher and Stringer are locks in the forward line of the AFL's Worst Blokes.

Pies will destroy Essendon. It won't even be close. We are about to find out how good our team will be this year.

Add to that the Bomber depth which is very questionable when they are still playing the likes of Ambrose and Baguley. Daniher and Stringer are locks in the forward line of the AFL's Worst Blokes.
Okay, Stringer I can understand but how is Daniher one of the worst blokes in the AFL?

What's with all the Essendon supporters coming in here?
We have a better board.

They are bored.

So they come on board.

Plays for Essendon.
Born with a slappable face.
His self-indulgent after-goal celebrations are a crime against humanity.
So you don't like him because he's unattractive, plays for a team you don't like and he enjoys kicking goals? Like, they're not really arguments to demonstrate that he's a terrible person.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back