Certified Legendary Thread Delusional Pearlers IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Yeah, well there was a subset of our own supporter base that used to boo Stanton, remember?

Stanton wasn’t a two time Brownlow medallist, 17 time best and fairest winner and 47 time All-Australian.

Kennett is a complete campaigner for suggesting Geelong fans were booing Ablett.

Stopher

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2012
Gippsland
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
It's lumping everyone into the same box that does my head in. It's exactly like the Goodes thing.

Now, I've got no doubt there were some with sinister intentions booing Goodes. Law of averages and all that. I've also seen with my own two eyes Goodes act like a snidey, snitching campaigner on field. And opposition fans voiced their disapproval, as is their right to do so.

Again with GAJ, there would be those booing a tall poppy and those disapproving the tweet stuff. So why do all fans get lumped into one box, when there are clearly different intentions behind them both?

It really ****ed me off hearing Tim Watson get into that. Stop moralizing on people who just want to go to the footy. Booing isn't illegal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Koopa

Senior List
Jan 6, 2018
Spiral Mountain
AFL Club
Essendon
Fake news. he was bronx cheered.

Theres an argument there that the booing from that infamous home game vs North was blown out of promotion. People seem to refer to it when shoehorning the majority of Essendon fans as rabid, feral wolves who eat their own (every supporter base has this minority!). A few dodgy frees went against us in the middle of the game and one involving Heppell was shown on the big screen, pro Essendon crowd weren't happy at all and were booing that just as Stants was coming off...

Anyway...

RE: Shiel property cadetship/agreement, whatever you want to call it:

Some hawk fan said:
Makes sense he was 100% Hawthorn bound until x came up

298982_3deffcd04e5d605c31bf870828e45efe.jpeg

If you repeat it so many times it must be true! ;)

Last edited:
Pies will destroy Essendon. It won't even be close. We are about to find out how good our team will be this year.

Add to that the Bomber depth which is very questionable when they are still playing the likes of Ambrose and Baguley. Daniher and Stringer are locks in the forward line of the AFL's Worst Blokes.
Okay, I don't care about the top part. He's allowed to think that, they certainly have in the past. I choose to focus on the part where Daniher is a "lock" for being in the worst blokes in the AFL. When Questioned on it:
Plays for Essendon.
Born with a slappable face.
His self-indulgent after-goal celebrations are a crime against humanity.
Its cos he celebrates goals with enthusiasm

Fridge16

All Australian
Sep 12, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Okay, I don't care about the top part. He's allowed to think that, they certainly have in the past. I choose to focus on the part where Daniher is a "lock" for being in the worst blokes in the AFL. When Questioned on it:

Its cos he celebrates goals with enthusiasm

Where is this luscious land of internet arguments? I search high and low and can never find them. Please point me in the right direction as I am ready to play!

Where is this luscious land of internet arguments? I search high and low and can never find them. Please point me in the right direction as I am ready to play!
Their preview thread.

Jun 9, 2007
un
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
It's lumping everyone into the same box that does my head in. It's exactly like the Goodes thing.

Now, I've got no doubt there were some with sinister intentions booing Goodes. Law of averages and all that. I've also seen with my own two eyes Goodes act like a snidey, snitching campaigner on field. And opposition fans voiced their disapproval, as is their right to do so.

Again with GAJ, there would be those booing a tall poppy and those disapproving the tweet stuff. So why do all fans get lumped into one box, when there are clearly different intentions behind them both?

It really ****** me off hearing Tim Watson get into that. Stop moralizing on people who just want to go to the footy. Booing isn't illegal.
Once it was widely discussed that the booing of Goodes could have racist overtones was it still OK for people to continue booing him knowing that it would be interpreted as racist crowd-bullying?

Once it was widely discussed that the booing of Goodes could have racist overtones was it still OK for people to continue booing him knowing that it would be interpreted as racist crowd-bullying?

The instant Goodes said he felt it was racist, it wasn’t ok.

That doesn’t mean he wasn’t an absolute bloody flog, but no, not ok past that point.

Jun 9, 2007
un
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
The instant Goodes said he felt it was racist, it wasn’t ok.

That doesn’t mean he wasn’t an absolute bloody flog, but no, not ok past that point.
It was a poor reflection on our footy culture and culture in general that the booing didn’t cease beyond that point. Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe it may have even intensified. So while there were probably genuine people who were simply booing him because they thought he was a twat, the stubbornness of continuing to boo because you weren’t being racist is either incredibly uninsightful or a symptom of latent racism. That’s how I see it anyway.

Mar 17, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tassie Devils
IF... Hawthorn weren't bad

THEN... Hawthorn would be good

Would we be having this discussion if Hawthorn were sitting 4-1, or even 5-0?

Take out the last two minutes of every quarter this season and Hawthorn are 5-0. Or to put a "sliding doors" twist:

IF....Hawthorn hadn't lost two games after suffering multiple in-game injuries,

THEN...Hawthorn would have held on against Saints and Bulldogs, and might have got closer to Cats (with Shiels, Burgoyne, Frawley, Stratton)...

4-1 with strong % in 2nd vs 2-3 and 13th.

All clubs are so even this year that luck with injuries (especially in-game) could well end up being the difference between top 4 and bottom 4.

Apr 26, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Aston Villa

It really ****** me off hearing Tim Watson get into that. Stop moralizing on people who just want to go to the footy. Booing isn't illegal.
I must’ve grown up in a different era. I was taught to ignore bullies or negative influences and not to take offence to it.

In today’s society, bullying is condemned from all circles... yet there are bullies in every single reality TV program - except Great British Sewing Bee! Lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back