Observations on internal issues?

Remove this Banner Ad

In simple terms, of course the Huddle has no direct impact on the on-field mess we're now in. But the fact the club has been so focused on things like the Huddle and NOT on winning the premiership, has got us to where we are.

If we can get our culture back (the Shinboner culture) and still have the Huddle in the background, everyone will be happy.
Loose definition of "fact" there, EH.

Also, your second claim is doubtful, based on some of the febrile comments.

It's only in its infancy, but another group is mobilising as we speak. This includes a few former players if they agree to jump on board.

Makes me feel a lot better. Hope you're on the money.

A football department review needs be independent and to also include a cultural review of the club. The 'boys club' tag needs to be unpacked.

A football department review needs be independent and to also include a cultural review of the club. The 'boys club' tag needs to be unpacked.
Sometimes, unfortunately, I think any of us who work in actual commercial organisations have unrealistic expectations about the rigour of anyting that has or ever will happen in the AFL or any of its clubs. I love the game but the organisations that operate it are unbelievably amateurish. The acceptance of conflicts of interest, for a start, is extraordinary.

Sometimes, unfortunately, I think any of us who work in actual commercial organisations have unrealistic expectations about the rigour of anyting that has or ever will happen in the AFL or any of its clubs. I love the game but the organisations that operate it are unbelievably amateurish. The acceptance of conflicts of interest, for a start, is extraordinary.

Agree, but it really shouldn't be the case at the top level of the game. There is no excuse for AFL clubs to not have a management and operations structure that is of similar standard to those commercial organisations that generate the same level of business and turnover.

There is a reason the football dept is not performing. Collingwood reviewed all aspects of their football operations. Changes were made and they are doing well. NM need to do the same. NM has commonly promoted from within.

Last edited:
There is a reason the football dept is not performing. Collingwood reviewed all aspects of their football operations. Changes were made and they are doing well. NM need to do the same. NM has commonly promoted from within. I worked in a large organisation for many years and have observed the negative impact of cliques at management levels.
There’s a reason most executive level jobs are only for a few years. The turn over of staff at level is normal.

You’ll also see a new CEO normally will be able to bring their whole team across.

Same should be said about the coach, if Scott goes it should be a full clean out.

Hopefully the board looks to west coasts model.

Your comment is the reason the review is needed

I am aware of my ability to agitate, and clearly so are the vested interests who wish to shut me down. Believe me, they are lurking.

At the end of the day though, nothing I type in to my silly little machine could have any impact if it didn't resonate with other people. You all have your own sense of truth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am aware of my ability to agitate, and clearly so are the vested interests who wish to shut me down. Believe me, they are lurking.

At the end of the day though, nothing I type in to my silly little machine could have any impact if it didn't resonate with other people. You all have your own sense of truth.
I agree with you. My gut tells me that NM is really sick at the moment.

The acceptance of conflicts of interest, for a start, is extraordinary.
This x 1000.

Sadly, it's the the prevailing attitude all the way to the top of the AFL. It's as if they're taking their cues from federal politics.

Last edited:
I went away on Saturday and I’ve been (mostly) off the grid the last few days, got back today.

After reading through that it seems the club is lacking leadership in a lot of areas. Buckley is the Pres but he’s not standing out as a leader, that comment that “we think our list is good enough to beat MOST teams” really annoyed me..would Pagan call that talking like a loser?
Don’t know who the other members are tbh but if there’s any truth that Brad has more power then that’s the tail waging the dog....need a new dog.

Tbh I’ve not read a thing that has made me think 100% believe any of the rumblings/rumours are true. In any hierarchy type set up there’s always going to be someone sooking behind the scenes because they are jealous/lack of power etc..

Do you really believe we haven't been focused on winning flags? If so why weren't you screaming blue murder about it since you rejoined BF?

Ferbs I think, well I felt that I was unsure, had a feeling we weren't, the last couple of days there's been comments about competing and being happy with our 12 wins in 2018. Thems not the words of an organisation hellbent on the ultimate prize. More about keeping under the radar.

Ferbs I think, well I felt that I was unsure, had a feeling we weren't, the last couple of days there's been comments about competing and being happy with our 12 wins in 2018. Thems not the words of an organisation hellbent on the ultimate prize. More about keeping under the radar.

The last few days seem like comments to keep the media happy. Or to play their game. If it wasn't us I'd assume Scott would be gone after Buckley and he had a press conference like the one the other day. Whatever he said there were a few things about his body language that made me think he wasn't unconditional in his support of Scott. It was very conditional support. But that's my opinion.

So to me the words he's been using are basically from a form that gets handed around when political leaders or sporting coaches are gonna get sacked. They are meaningless and deliberately so because everything is up in the air at that moment.

I think you might be onto something overall tho.

I don't like bagging the current coach, especially in a public forum like this. I want nothing more than to see him take us to a flag this year or at least go close and finish the job next year. (As unlikely as it seems.) But especially this year something seems off. It has since ... well actually since Carey gave us the Kiss of Death last year. That seems odd to me. Genuinely focused on winning the flag and stuff like that wouldn't matter.

And I've been thinking a bit about it - maybe Buckley and the board aren't focused on winning a flag either. Maybe (despite selling that 4th game to Hobart) they are focused on future proofing the club against another relocation attempt or going the way of Fitzroy. (Even tho plenty of people are thinking the opposite.) And tbh that is understandable. If its the case. Maybe Buckley isn't that copmpetent. We didn't get the world cup after all.

ferball us North faithful expect success come hell or high water, am not sure Saints or Dee fans feel that way. I've always thought we'd be ok as long as there was a belief we're building towards something. Currently I'm not feeling that and tbh we've been treading water for years.

I think you're right we have looked to ensure the club is safe from relocation, and a fourth game in Tassie is obviously in the incumbents view an easy fundraiser. No effort required.

I've always said it is much harder moving on a club that is debt free than one with its arse hanging out its pants( mighty Fitzroy).
The club is as financial as its even been, that job is done and yes some aren't happy, but I reckon a side pushing top 4 would make those people forget their woes.

The current board cannot buy themselves more time the ruse is up, the only way to settle the constitutes is a clean sweep of the board.

ferball us North faithful expect success come hell or high water, am not sure Saints or Dee fans feel that way. I've always thought we'd be ok as long as there was a belief we're building towards something. Currently I'm not feeling that and tbh we've been treading water for years.

I think you're right we have looked to ensure the club is safe from relocation, and a fourth game in Tassie is obviously in the incumbents view an easy fundraiser. No effort required.

I've always said it is much harder moving on a club that is debt free than one with its arse hanging out its pants( mighty Fitzroy).
The club is as financial as its even been, that job is done and yes some aren't happy, but I reckon a side pushing top 4 would make those people forget their woes.

The current board cannot buy themselves more time the ruse is up, the only way to settle the constitutes is a clean sweep of the board.

Firstly I do want to see a review of the footy department. But perhaps after that the board need a look in the mirror or to reassess their priorities and if necessary be moved on. You do need different leaders for different times. Wartime leaders are different to peacetime ones for example. Their priorities are different.

Spoke to a former 90s player about the club and he isn't very happy with the club at all.

I quote from him:

"I’m not sad, they need to recruit better...last time I was at Arden st it didn’t feel like a club it felt more like a business a company that forgot about the people."

What an absolute shame. Called the list B graders and the coach needs to go. Been there too long.

Last edited:
Hello all, look back at OP, Scott is backed in by the AFL and then to understand the significance of that look at the EOFY to see that the MYTH of financial stability is due to AFL bankrolling.

Spoke to a former 90s players about the club and he isn't very happy with the club at all.

I quote from him:

"I’m not sad, they need to recruit better...last time I was at Arden st it didn’t feel like a club it felt more like a business a company that forgot about the people."

What an absolute shame. Called the list B graders and the coach needs to go. Been there too long.
Not a club but a business, that is why spirit is absent there now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back