News NMFC AFLW 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
whats going on with all this pick trading, cant the new clubs just take players, why are they having to give up draft picks for them
That bit is over it has moved onto the second period where you need to trade. The Bulldogs has lost more than their quota so Conti had to be traded for; it’s why the AFL stepped in with an extra draft pick #1

Any Vic girls playing for Crows wanna come home, or are they practically all home grown ?

Sarah Perkins, the battleship sized FF of two seasons ago who was recently delisted by Adelaide, is a Victorian.

Katie Brennan.

She is okay but pretty much the only pickup of note. They probably did worse than Geelong in terms of poaching so it is understandable they got the compensation they did. When you look at how many of our players we got that were AA players, it is understandable we didn't get much from the draft.

I think it is a bit rich though that we didn't get anything for the players we lost though.

260419_HumphriesLarge.jpg

North Melbourne has reinforced its commitment to Tasmania, re-signing three players from the southern-most-state for the 2020 AFLW season.
The Kangaroos today announced Emma Humphries, and Chloe and Libby Haines have inked new deals to remain in the royal blue and white stripes.
“In this trio we can see the future of the club and we are truly excited about what lies ahead for these girls,” head coach Scott Gowans said.
“It’s extremely important to us to continue to maintain, grow and develop talent in Tasmania and Emma, Chloe and Libby are helping to lead the way in every sense.

“The sky is the limit for not only them, but for young female AFLW hopefuls in Tasmania."
A talented and speedy winger, Humphries played five games in North’s inaugural season after crossing to the Kangaroos from Melbourne. Humphries was initially selected with pick 57 in the 2016 Draft and has played a total of 15 games.
Chloe Haines was taken with pick 53 in the 2017 Draft and made her debut in Round 3, while Libby, pick 56, is yet to play a game.
Meanwhile Georgia Nanscawen, Maddy Smith and Jessie Williams have been advised their contracts will not be renewed.
“We wish these three players all the best for the future,” Gowans added.

“Each one has tremendous attributes and represented us in the most professional manner. We are truly sad to have had to let them go.”

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Hmm, little bit underwhelmed by the Humphries re-signing. In signing both Haines' also (acknowledging I haven't seen enough of them to judge) the 3 have completely invalidate my earlier statement "Encouraged that Tasmanian players weren't just retained by virtue of being, Tasmanian"!

Hopefully of course there's more reasoning to the re-signings than that.

The big hole up forward with Munn and Hope gone persists with the lack of incoming trades.

Hmm, little bit underwhelmed by the Humphries re-signing. In signing both Haines' also (acknowledging I haven't seen enough of them to judge) the 3 have completely invalidate my earlier statement "Encouraged that Tasmanian players weren't just retained by virtue of being, Tasmanian"!

Hopefully of course there's more reasoning to the re-signings than that.

The big hole up forward with Munn and Hope gone persists with the lack of incoming trades.
I think Humphries speed was missed in the last couple of games, she will never put on much size but if she can work on her disposal she can be a valuable player.

I do think we need a big bodied midfielder, some pace out of the backline and obviously a couple of decent marking forwards with a bit of size. I would throw the kitchen sink at Brazill and try to get Perkins too.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
I think Humphries speed was missed in the last couple of games, she will never put on much size but if she can work on her disposal she can be a valuable player.

I do think we need a big bodied midfielder, some pace out of the backline and obviously a couple of decent marking forwards with a bit of size. I would throw the kitchen sink at Brazill and try to get Perkins too.

She's quick alright. It's just what she does with it when the music stops that's the concern.

You know who we need? Another Emma King. One for the goal square and one for the ruck.

How are advancements in cloning going nowadays?
Not sure which one of us is in on the joke but... she does have a twin sister. (don't think it's been mentioned in this thread before?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back