Round 6: Changes Vs Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

That's 3 changes over 4 weeks if my maths is correct - but was never my strong point .........

Nor obviously is grammar after re-reading the typo's in my original post !! :)

Bit of a balancing act getting the best 22 on the park as they come back from injury, while not upsetting a winning team - Does mean that perephery / potential best 22 players like Louge will very much have to earn their spots through the WAFL - Great position for us to be in really!
Oh yup you're right. After 2 I get confused.

I am interested to see them piece together the best 22 as soon as possible, and despite the wins, this isn't the best 22. I would make changes when they are available regardless, especially where the differential between players is significant. SHill and Blakely are fast-track INS for me, and probably McCarthy too. Logue, Darcy and Duman less so.

Looking at our current side, it's hard to argue against Brayshaw coming out for Blakely at some stage.

Naturally it's possible he comes in for Duman or another under performing/injured player but you can't argue with the idea that Blakey in Brayshaw's role massively improves the quality of our midfield.

I love Brayshaw, and know he'll be our greatest asset one day but I don't think we need to walk on egg shells if he needs to spend a big time in the seconds.

Looking at our current side, it's hard to argue against Brayshaw coming out for Blakely at some stage.

Naturally it's possible he comes in for Duman or another under performing/injured player but you can't argue with the idea that Blakey in Brayshaw's role massively improves the quality of our midfield.

I love Brayshaw, and know he'll be our greatest asset one day but I don't think we need to walk on egg shells if he needs to spend a big time in the seconds.
Yeah theres nothing wrong with him helping lead a peel side to the finals for a few weeks.

Blakely Langdon etc all did thier time to thier betterment in the long run

Yeah theres nothing wrong with him helping lead a peel side to the finals for a few weeks.

Oh yeah?

You got 3 wins penciled in fornus do you?

Same level of lax some fans are experiencing as after the North game. We drop the match against the Doggies and the Changes thread will call for a mass cull.

Oh yeah?

You got 3 wins penciled in fornus do you?

Same level of lax some fans are experiencing as after the North game. We drop the match against the Doggies and the Changes thread will call for a mass cull.
It really doesnt matter what we say or do here, has zero impact on the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t see Brayshaw or Conca being dropped for Blakely, at least on current form.
Conca yes. Brayshaw no.
Give Andy games. He’s not going to benefit much playing for a scrap midfield for Peel. He got some great mentors and inspiration in Fyfe, Mundy, Walters. Keep him in the side for as long as possible. Better for his development.

Also, is it normal for Ross to come on the ground after a win with big smiles and hugs for players? I've never seen that before, unless we just don't really see it that often on TV?

I’ve never seen it! He would usually do that stuff behind close doors..but maybe couldn’t contain himself this time around. It was great to see.

Conca yes. Brayshaw no.
Give Andy games. He’s not going to benefit much playing for a scrap midfield for Peel. He got some great mentors and inspiration in Fyfe, Mundy, Walters. Keep him in the side for as long as possible. Better for his development.
There's an argument that a stint in the seconds will assist the players development more. Reset, and get back on track may be faster than grinding out & burning out.
In saying that I don't think we do that heh.. at least not yet.

Conca yes. Brayshaw no.
Getting an elite junior to 50 games as fast as possible should be the goal.

Unless he stops working hard, keep playing him.

In one to two years, Brayshaw and Cerra will take a massive step.

Getting an elite junior to 50 games as fast as possible should be the goal.

Unless he stops working hard, keep playing him.

In one to two years, Brayshaw and Cerra will take a massive step.
I fully agree with this, but there is nothing wrong with managing a young player by giving them a wafl stint.

Sometimes the wafl rucks have been dropped down to the reserves to give them a full game in the ruck rather than a role that is not their core job description. If Brayshaw was moved to wafl with a similar kind of thinking, that is ok by me.

I don't think that is where he is at by the way, and think he is having a reasonable season, but at some stage he will take a massive step up.

I fully agree with this, but there is nothing wrong with managing a young player by giving them a wafl stint.

Sometimes the wafl rucks have been dropped down to the reserves to give them a full game in the ruck rather than a role that is not their core job description. If Brayshaw was moved to wafl with a similar kind of thinking, that is ok by me.

I don't think that is where he is at by the way, and think he is having a reasonable season, but at some stage he will take a massive step up.
I would rather giving him a week off than playing him in the WAFL.

I agree. Watching him live a couple of times I feel he is over thinking things and trying too hard at times. He doesn’t deserve to be dropped but I feel a short spell; for 1-2 weeks (not right now though) will do him the world of good. I wonder what the extended one-on-one discussion with Ross Lyon was all about on Tue?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think Brayshaw for Blakely strengthens us.
If definitely does, but I don't think we are at the stage where we spite development in favour of results. They are still definitely concurrent goals as evidenced by Ross constantly banging on in press conferences about growth and improvement.

If it was for a GF then its a no brainer.

If definitely does, but I don't think we are at the stage where we spite development in favour of results. They are still definitely concurrent goals as evidenced by Ross constantly banging on in press conferences about growth and improvement.

If it was for a GF then its a no brainer.
I wouldnt mind Brayshaw going back to WAFL and dominate. I dont want Blakely playing HB or anything, needs time in the midfield is what im thinking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back