Player Watch #5: Christian Petracca – Norm Smith Medallist, 4 x All-Australian and 2 x Best and Fairest

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that the one where he was literally being slung as he kicked it? If so, then yes, there was clearly a bit of luck involved.

To have enough strength and composure to get a kick with that much weight on it alone is talent. Not a lot of players can even get boot to ball in that scenario.

Can't believe someone called his second goal lucky in the match thread. Trac still wasn't operating at 100% last night, but that's the kind of performance he puts in when he backs himself to walk through tackles. That goal was pure talent, even if you only pull it off 1/10. Nobody else on our list kicks that.
Saying could only do it 1/10 yet doing it on first attempt is literally what luck is

I like Trac but I suspect in the nicest possible way he has a low density brain.

He looks best when he plays by instinct. I honestly think his game suffers a bit when he has to think about too many things. I think he should be given an amnesty from the team thing - plonk him up forward and give him permission to do whatever occurs to win a game.

I like Trac but I suspect in the nicest possible way he has a low density brain.

He looks best when he plays by instinct. I honestly think his game suffers a bit when he has to think about too many things. I think he should be given an amnesty from the team thing - plonk him up forward and give him permission to do whatever occurs to win a game.

That's how De Goey plays, even his set shots he kicks much quicker than other players.

Trade him while we can still get value.

Trac and and a third for a first and second round pick.

Probably an emotional overreaction but his great moments are few and far between.

Probably an emotional overreaction but his great moments are few and far between.
I didn't mind him in parts tonight, few great contests to win the ball but he has these stupid loopy kicks that get us nowhere.

Still over valuing Petracca. Can't expect any type of pick when we don't want him. Be lucky to get something inside 30

He has no vertical leap or burst speed which means his only move is try and use his butt to nudge a usually taller and more dexterous opponent under the ball in the marking contest. He snatches and fumbles at the ball, often loses his feet and doesn’t tackle well or kick goals very often. Apart from that he’s a great player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's another case in point where we need to spend big $$$ on getting the right fitness staff on board asap! Misson has been useless for a number of years now. I know he's out the door at season's end, but we need to get the best there is or we face another long decade of misery ahead and waste young talent. So many issues atm for the club, but this should be priority #1.

Good to see you all coming over to the dark side with me finally.

He used to have step and some break away speed in his intial 5-10metres when gathering the ball, now he just "waddles" while juggling it smh

Johnny Karate couldn't have said it all better. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back