AFL Player # 1: Andrew "Pidge" McGrath (Vice-Captain) - Precautionary moonboot? - 24/3

Remove this Banner Ad

01 - mcgrath.jpg

Contract Status: Restricted Free Agent 2024
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 13, Vindicater

Last edited by a moderator:

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
What seperates McGrath isn't just the fact that he can slot goals; it's the fact he can play in any role and that he's a natural leader - exactly who we need at this club.

He also has an incredible hair to chin ratio working for him at present - I'd pick him on that alone!
You mean a perfectly even 1:1 ratio now he has so much hair? Lol, it’s the right look IMO

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
I will take the goal or two a game over the 30 possessions
we have possession getters in the team.
I like his execution and will take that with the lower output.

Much like Langford. I dont need to see him racking up 30+ with how good is overall disposal is. And his ability to kick a goal or two a game.
Once he can get himself back up to the pace of AFL, his inclusion is going to be handy for us.

Balance is starting to present itself in the team.

In one of Worsfold’s interviews the other day he was asked about Andy (and I don’t know which one it was sorry - probably a radio interview, I remember him seeming more candid than he usually is in a press conference).

He said Andy was good off half back getting the ball and dishing it off to a safe option straight away, so we didn’t get a lot of him taking the game on and attacking the way we know he can (see his junior highlights treating the wings like a hurdling competition). So his area to improve this year is to take the game on, get more metres gained.

Just needs to start having games of 25-30 disposals to take the next step.

I think if he was at Suns or Blues where lack of midfield depth he probably already would be close to 30+.

In one of Worsfold’s interviews the other day he was asked about Andy (and I don’t know which one it was sorry - probably a radio interview, I remember him seeming more candid than he usually is in a press conference).

He said Andy was good off half back getting the ball and dishing it off to a safe option straight away, so we didn’t get a lot of him taking the game on and attacking the way we know he can (see his junior highlights treating the wings like a hurdling competition). So his area to improve this year is to take the game on, get more metres gained.
I think it was SEN on Saturday.

EDIT: I think it was this interview.
https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=361950

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs a haircut. There seems to be a malaise at EFC with growing long hair. Might have started from the Hurley and Hooker man bun days.
Say that again?

Aug 15, 2009
Donaldsons Dairy
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chelsea

FlyingV

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Think they might have tried to bulk him up to early to try and get him in the guts but is wasted anyway if they play him on the wing
Remember that time we tried to bulk up our whole team and then everyone got so big they could not run out games/the whole backend of a season?

Yeah that.

mzuppit

Debutant
Jul 9, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Wasn’t he very hyped up preseason, tearing up the training track etc? What happened? Does he need to go back to half back? Give him more time as a mid?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back