thumb.png

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
Within two years, we'll be talking about a top 7, and not only will Wolves be at the bottom of that, but they'll be in the CL mix. Can't see them not spending even more than they already have, and with their contacts and the money they're paying, they'll sign more great players.

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Within two years, we'll be talking about a top 7, and not only will Wolves be at the bottom of that, but they'll be in the CL mix. Can't see them not spending even more than they already have, and with their contacts and the money they're paying, they'll sign more great players.
Within two years? Massive call. They’ll struggle to retain their best players once they realise they’re not competing for trophies or playing Champions League football. They’ll be able to finish within the 7 to 10 bracket consistently, but I can’t see them breaking into the top six and becoming a regular. I think Everton are more likely to do that, but not in the short-term.

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
Within two years? Massive call. They’ll struggle to retain their best players once they realise they’re not competing for trophies or playing Champions League football. They’ll be able to finish within the 7 to 10 bracket consistently, but I can’t see them breaking into the top six and becoming a regular. I think Everton are more likely to do that, but not in the short-term.
Yeah, I know, but all the reports from the time they got promoted was that their owners were going to spend money to take them into the upper reaches of the PL, and their owners are worth plenty, I can't see why that would change. Whatever agreement they have with Mendes too will help in regards to keeping their players. Wouldn't be surprised to see them spend big in the next window, especially if they're in Europe.

After all, the same was probably said of City when the oil money came in. Not sure that Fosun's investment will quite match that, but it will be hefty and they've already got a solid team from which to build.

Back